Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 17 Mar 2009 (Tuesday) 06:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A Path to the Paradise

lostid
Goldmember
2,622 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 17, 2009 06:15 |  #1

I wish the image could be a little cleaner. Yeah it can be done with clone. But I suck when it comes to clone. Anyway, this was the right time for me to be there for this shot. Been there many times but never thought about this shot before. I tried to avoid a water shot. Hope you like it.:D

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3362529214_a64855e955_o.jpg

flickr (external link) & Gear

sponsored links
sparker1
Cream of the Crop
29,283 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 17, 2009 08:37 |  #2

Sure is a pretty scene. Wonder if you could darken the highlights on the road? Maybe run noise removal? Not sure what will do the trick, but the photo is definitely worth some effort.

Stan (See my gallery at http://www.pbase.com/s​parker1 (external link))

7D, 50D, 300D, EF-S 10-22 mm, EF-S 18-55 mm kit lens, EF 24-105 L IS, EF 50 mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500mm (Bigmos)

RAPhotography
465 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 17, 2009 09:09 |  #3

i like the overall composition. I also like where you incorporated the copyright info.

I definately think that the people are necessary to keep the photo interesting. however, I wish you had snapped it a few seconds earlier so the walkers were a bit bigger (and lower) in the frame. I think then they would look more like they were a part of the composition rather than just meandering through while you were trying to get the shot. I would also clone out the people on top. the color there is pretty uniform and it shouldn't be too difficult.

nice shot.

ryan

lostid
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,622 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 17, 2009 13:15 |  #4

sparker1 wrote in post #7540650 (external link)
Sure is a pretty scene. Wonder if you could darken the highlights on the road? Maybe run noise removal? Not sure what will do the trick, but the photo is definitely worth some effort.

Yeah, I shouldn't have done the PP on my laptop. It now looks on my office PC monitor that I should have darkened the foreground. It makes quite a difference on different monitors. Thanks for the comment.

RAPhotography wrote in post #7540828 (external link)
i like the overall composition. I also like where you incorporated the copyright info.

I definately think that the people are necessary to keep the photo interesting. however, I wish you had snapped it a few seconds earlier so the walkers were a bit bigger (and lower) in the frame. I think then they would look more like they were a part of the composition rather than just meandering through while you were trying to get the shot. I would also clone out the people on top. the color there is pretty uniform and it shouldn't be too difficult.

nice shot.

ryan

I agree everything seems jammed towards the sun with the people walking so close and leaving less interest in the foreground. Thanks for the comment.

quiksilverboi
186 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 17, 2009 15:21 |  #5

nice, kaka'ako

maryknollphotography.c​om

lostid
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,622 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 17, 2009 15:40 |  #6

quiksilverboi wrote in post #7542967 (external link)
nice, kaka'ako

Thanks. Because this place is only a couple of minutes away from where I live, I become lazy now and not motivated to go any farther. Most of my sunset shots were all taken from Kaka'ako and I am still not bored with this place yet.

sponsored links

792 views & 0 likes for this thread
A Path to the Paradise
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.