Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 Mar 2009 (Wednesday) 18:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

oops Don't send your box!

Nanboh
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 18, 2009 18:34 |  #1

So I did a dumb thing, at least as far as box-keepers go of which I am one.

I sent my 5D in for servicing of the mirror and, thinking it would be most safe in its original packaging, I did just that:oops:

Just in case any of you are as dumb as me, don't send Canon your equipment in the original box--they don't send it back. Oh yes, they package it very well back to you, no fret there. But they don't send you back your box.:cry:

sponsored links
timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 18, 2009 18:38 |  #2

That is true, I think they say somewhere not to expect your original packaging back. Sorry for your loss. :(

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

Nanboh
THREAD ­ STARTER
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 18, 2009 18:44 |  #3

timnosenzo wrote in post #7551210 (external link)
That is true, I think they say somewhere not to expect your original packaging back. Sorry for your loss. :(

:D you are so right and I forgot. I guess should I ever sell it on POTN, I'll have to reference this thread or worse, go on WTB "One 5D box in excellent condition from a smoke free home, no pets, no dents, no cut outs, pristine with photos and exif....lol"

Oh well, I'm not planning on selling this lovely anyway...just a warning:)

DennisW1
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 18, 2009 18:45 |  #4

Nanboh wrote in post #7551179 (external link)

I sent my 5D in for servicing of the mirror and, thinking it would be most safe in its original packaging, I did just that:oops:

Just in case any of you are as dumb as me, don't send Canon your equipment in the original box--they don't send it back. Oh yes, they package it very well back to you, no fret there. But they don't send you back your box.:cry:

very true, and the service reps will tell you that on the phone when you call to arrange sending your camera in

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,263 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 18, 2009 21:43 |  #5

Hmmm, I got the box back when I sent my lens in for cleaning. I guess I got lucky. How else do they expect you to package it? Seems like it'd be best protected in the original packaging.

GEAR LIST

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
19,129 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 18, 2009 21:54 |  #6

I wonder what a 1Ds Mk III box would go for on E-Bay.

I might buy one, to make my old Rebel 300D worth more when I sell it.

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN events (external link)
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible  (external link)| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flash (external link) | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculator (external link)

pingflood
247 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 19, 2009 19:24 |  #7

Curtis N wrote in post #7552601 (external link)
I wonder what a 1Ds Mk III box would go for on E-Bay.

I might buy one, to make my old Rebel 300D worth more when I sell it.

Just make the auction look like:

L@@K Rebel 300D in1Ds Mk III box

1DsII, 7D, EF 85/1.8, EF 50/1.4, EF 24-105L, EF 100-400L, EF 400/5.6L, EF 500/4L, Samyang 14/2.8, Zeiss ZE 50/1.4 Planar

sunnygirl
Goldmember
1,057 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 19, 2009 20:39 |  #8

With Canon Australia I have sent a camera and on another occasion a lens back for warranty work, both in original boxes. Both were returned in original boxes as well.

Susan
5D MKII - Accumulating way too much gear - bring on retirement so I have time to use it.......

mastertech01
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 19, 2009 21:13 |  #9

Someone was selling various boxes for Canon DSLR on Ebay for 50 bucks each.

Mchu86
135 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 19, 2009 21:59 |  #10

I had gotten my box back from the Irvine Centre when I had sent in my 70-200 before. Maybe luck of the draw?

5D Mk II | EF 20 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.2L | Yashinon 50 f/1.7 | Samyang 85 f/1.4 | 580EX | 430EX II
Michael Chu

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,509 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 19, 2009 22:19 |  #11

I've sent my original boxes for lenses and camera. I always got them back no problem.

Nanboh wrote in post #7551179 (external link)

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

scottpow
80 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 19, 2009 22:36 as a reply to  @ DarthVader's post |  #12

I have sent both my cameras in the boxes, both came back in the same.

rpearce12
Goldmember
1,682 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 20, 2009 00:26 |  #13

I have sent my 100-400 in twice before, in its original box, and gotten the box back with the lens. Maybe it's just for cameras?

Richard

My Gear
Smug Mug (external link)
http://s101.photobucke​t.com/albums/m70/rpear​ce12/ (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Mar 20, 2009 00:37 |  #14

mastertech01 wrote in post #7559284 (external link)
Someone was selling various boxes for Canon DSLR on Ebay for 50 bucks each.

That was Canon.

:eek:

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

DenZ
396 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 20, 2009 01:31 |  #15

I sent my 5D in twice to the Jamesburg, NJ service center in its original box, both times I've indicated on a sticky-note stuck on the box that I wanted the camera back in its original box and they sent everything back in order.

BLOG (external link) | Equipment | flickr (external link) | dentonzhou.com (external link) | Learn something new from 16,000+ online courses (external link)

sponsored links

2,872 views & 0 likes for this thread
oops Don't send your box!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.