Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 22 Mar 2009 (Sunday) 17:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ashley

cbjetboy
555 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 22, 2009 17:29 |  #1

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

IMAGE: http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8819059-lg.jpg

cbjetboy
NRA Benefactor Member (external link)
Canon CPS Member (external link)
My Gear List with Links
Some of my pics are located here (external link).

sponsored links
PCthug
Goldmember
1,265 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 22, 2009 18:26 |  #2

Its just a nice portrait of a nice girl, there is nothing to dislike about it.
You have managed really well with this, the exposure, the focus, the lighting, the framing.
Now try and get a little more adventurous.

Equipment: Canon 5d mkIII, Canon 24-105L, Canon 100-400L, Canon 70-200L f2.8 mkII, Canon 100mm macro, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 430EX Flash.
www.durhamphotographic​s.co.uk (external link)

wagonwheel
678 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 22, 2009 18:49 |  #3

Her eyes may look just a tad too sharp. I would have whitened her teeth just a little. The exposure and focus look very good. Nice job.

Lovin' my 80D
Take a look:https://dwjimages.smug​mug.com/ (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 24, 2009 21:19 |  #4

Try backing off a bit on the aperture and sharpening. Too much sharpening is applied. I can see this in her strands of hair jumping out at me too easily and her eye lashes as well.

That along with too much DOF (135mm and f8) As someone else posted, be more adventurous with your portrait. Try less DOF such as f4 though I'm not sure of which lens you used. Maybe you used f8 because your lens is rather soft near wide open.

Portraits usually want to be more soft than sharp - just the nature of them. Softer has a more inviting appeal and sharp instills a harsh initial reaction.

B-H-P
306 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 24, 2009 21:24 as a reply to  @ HappySnapper90's post |  #5

I think it is a simple, yet nice portrait. I would agree about backing off the sharpening, you over did it. As for the teeth whitening, I don't normally do that unless the client asks. Just my opinion.

Brian
Gear List

Jim ­ M
Goldmember
1,656 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2009 07:39 |  #6

It looks just a tiny bit overexposed from the neck down. Maybe tweak the color balance a bit, as well. DOF is fine, IMHO.

sponsored links

1,311 views & 0 likes for this thread
Ashley
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.