Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 23 Mar 2009 (Monday) 21:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any advice for an un cooperative bride & groom?

photo051698
THREAD ­ STARTER
33 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 24, 2009 17:03 as a reply to  @ post 7589458 |  #16

Well as far as talking to them upfront, when we sat down and signed the contract we discussed what they where looking for from the photos, they wanted candids and alot of fun shots on the course. when we were at the event it was as if we never spoke all they wanted was formals, And not even good ones. when i suggested some better locations they decided it was to far to walk so i offered them all golf carts wich the club said i could have full use of and they said "no lets just do them in front of this flower bush". I am all for them getting what they want for thier wedding but i truly feel they will not like the results as much as if i was able to advise them more.
and i do have all the stuff in my contract they cannot get thier money back for this. if i had not let them or taken the time to get good shots then i would return thier money immediatly.
Thanks again.

sponsored links
tim
Light Bringer
50,985 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 24, 2009 17:16 |  #17

If they were un-operative and unwilling to spend time on the day they can't expect great photos.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

photo051698
THREAD ­ STARTER
33 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 24, 2009 17:25 as a reply to  @ tim's post |  #18

thats true tim but I think of myself as someone who wants the finished pictures to come out as much (or in this case more) as the bride and groom. So i guess im more upset for me than for them. Though from everyones responses it sounds like i wont have to worry about this type of couple often if ever again. :D

harroz
Goldmember
2,749 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 24, 2009 17:28 |  #19

x2
not a lot you can do there, but if you've got a contract then you're covered. Were you having fun with them?

tim wrote in post #7590356 (external link)
If they were un-operative and unwilling to spend time on the day they can't expect great photos.

blog (external link) weddings (external link) commercial (external link) mm (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,985 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 24, 2009 17:43 |  #20

photo051698 wrote in post #7590412 (external link)
thats true tim but I think of myself as someone who wants the finished pictures to come out as much (or in this case more) as the bride and groom. So i guess im more upset for me than for them. Though from everyones responses it sounds like i wont have to worry about this type of couple often if ever again. :D

There's nothing you can do about it. The quality of people images tend to reflect the amount of time and effort they spend on them.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.

mckay ­ photography
676 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2005

Mar 25, 2009 02:22 |  #21

g-money wrote in post #7588886 (external link)
You can lead a horse to water but...............

Greg

Right on the money! If they wont get involved definitely try your best, but if they still dont come to the party dont kill yourself over it

Gear: 5D mkiii x 2, 35 1.4 L, 16-35 L, 24-70 mkiiL, 70-200 L, Sigma Art 50 1.4
Wedding Photography Sydney (external link)
| Wedding Photography blog (external link) | Wedding photography Bowral (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,985 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 25, 2009 02:57 |  #22

g-money wrote in post #7588886 (external link)
You can lead a horse to water but.....

You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to gargle, then you've got something.

Tommy
I have a Peepster.
2,262 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 25, 2009 06:06 |  #23

Just refrain from calling your bride a horse... Worse things will happen... lol :lol:

Tommy

jblaschke
Goldmember
1,445 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 27, 2009 15:03 as a reply to  @ post 7589458 |  #24

Haven't shot any weddings yet, but have assisted the Wife on some family portrait shoots. Beforehand, the family indicated they wanted "fun and different" pics, rather than just the standard Sears Portrait Studio stuff. So she starts them off with some standard fare group portraits (in a lovely local park) then gets creative with bridge and riverbank and other interesting settings. Her background is in photojournalism, so the style was photojournalistic portraiture. She got some fantastic images out of the session.

What shots did the family order? The static, posed, generic ones. For some people, "best" don't enter into the equation. They want familiar and comfortable. Anything more than "good enough" is wasted effort, sadly.

Canon 7D | Canon 50D IR modified | Canon EF 70-200mm 2.8 IS L | Canon FD 500mm 8.0 Reflex | Canon EF 85mm 1.8 | Canon EF 50mm 1.8 mk I | Canon EF-S 10-22mm | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Meade 645 (762mm f/5)
Model Mayhem (external link) | DeviantArt (external link) | Lisa On Location: New Braunfels Photography (external link)

stathunter
"I am no one really"
5,635 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 27, 2009 15:09 |  #25

I did a ton of weddings this past year-- I would say that one bride was not thrilled with getting her photo taken-- but my job is to get her comfortable with me in a very short time --- thats what I do.
I would not be concerned -- the bride is the boss and if she does not want her photos taken-- then listen to the boss.

Scott
"Do or do not, there is no try"

sponsored links

2,092 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any advice for an un cooperative bride & groom?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.