Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 19 Apr 2008 (Saturday) 18:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

You know you're photography crazy when...

Cosha
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 25, 2009 06:28 as a reply to  @ post 7593270 |  #601

You know your photography crazy when...

You call you Girlfriend *Prime*

Then spend an hour telling her that i mean she is in her *Prime* and i wasent thinking about lens' again....

You *Think* foreplay is taking pictures of your girlfriend getting ito bed and intercourse is PP!

Oh...Hello :)

sponsored links
mleone
788 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 25, 2009 07:40 |  #602

Cosha wrote in post #7593814 (external link)

You call you Girlfriend *Prime*

Then spend an hour telling her that i mean she is in her *Prime* and i wasent thinking about lens' again....

You *Think* foreplay is taking pictures of your girlfriend getting ito bed and intercourse is PP!

I see a T-shirt in the making :D

:D My goodies

FOX2PRO
279 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 25, 2009 09:30 |  #603

When you want to sell your car to finance a new body and lens...(yes, its true)

Gear: |Rebel XT| 18-55 Kit | 70-200f4 | 50 1.8 |

GoneTomorrow
Goldmember
1,135 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 25, 2009 09:37 |  #604

...when you keep getting asked why you have the bring your camera with you everywhere. Fiance still asks me this every time!

...you're willing to trespass for a good shot.

Canon 5D Mk II (35/1.4L | 24-70/2.8L | 135/2L | Euro Nifty | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2) flickr (external link)

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright

DeaconG
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 25, 2009 19:07 as a reply to  @ GoneTomorrow's post |  #605

When you start compulsively creating wish lists on the websites of B&H and Amazon...

When you're in the process of ordering your latest toys and the next set of toys start fighting for space in the financial queue ("Hey, I see you're about to buy that 70-200 f2.8 IS with your income tax check! Didn't you just make a ton of overtime recently? Wouldn't you really like to have the Bigma too?" <Dr.Smith>"Oh, noooooooooooo!"</Dr.Smith>;)...

Gripped 5D Mark II & 50D|70-200 2.8 IS L|24-105 L|17-55|10-22|28 1.8|Σ 150-500|Σ 120-300 EX DG|Σ 50 1.4 EX|Σ APO 2X TC|580EXII|various other bits and pieces
"Reality holds surprises for everyone!" King Solovar, Crisis On Infinite Earths

EveryMilesAMemory
Goldmember
3,879 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined May 2007

Mar 26, 2009 00:25 |  #606

GoneTomorrow wrote in post #7594749 (external link)
...when you keep getting asked why you have the bring your camera with you everywhere. Fiance still asks me this every time!

My wife of 16 years asks me this every single day, so tell your fiance to get used to it.:D And my wife is a photographer, she just doenst have it as bad as me!

Pat Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.​com (external link)
www.patbonishphotograp​hy.com (external link)
http://www.instagram.c​om/bonish_photo/[/URL (external link)

WMWARD2
362 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 26, 2009 08:06 |  #607

This actually happened!

I went for my eye exam and the doctor said I was starting to develop cataracts.

I went home and cleaned my sensor!

Wally
Gear List

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 13, 2009 09:13 |  #608

you're unable to resume a normal life and refrain from doing anything discussed in this thread. Sheesh! C'mon guys... I mean, I enjoy looking at the pictures hung up no my wall as a result of this hobby, but they are nothing more than pictures. Wouldn't it be a little insane if you went as far to say "You know your photography crazy when... you look past your family members and obsessively stare at the walls all day at the results of your photographic endeavors [yes, pictures, the singular objective behind all of this hardware/software]".

... just a little perspective.. not trying to criticize anybody or anything... :)

jonathan @ tlcphoto.com (external link) - pro wedding and portrait photog
5d2 5d3 50L 16-35 70-200 ElinchromRX600 580EX 600EX VIV285

tonydee
Goldmember
2,009 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 14, 2009 07:53 as a reply to  @ post 7007511 |  #609

...you make it to page 33 of this thread before finally clicking last>> to find out how much longer it's going to take.

...your constant reading material is the lens catalog, and you've memorised and constantly revisit the minimum focal distances, maximum magnifications and weights - with and without telephoto and extension tubes - for the next half-dozen lenses you're eyeing, and the ones you already own that you'd be upgrading from.

...in your Canon lens catalog, you've consolidated specifications from Sigma and Tokina in tiny handwriting alongside the similar Canon models.

...you consider it outrageous that a lady would waste enough money for a hand made Italian leather designer handbag, but you'll happily pay the better part for a Lowerpro nylon & polyester Chinese backpack.

...you fall asleep wondering what you can add to this thread.

...the first thing you do on any new computer you use is browse to your online gallery and check how the monitor renders your colours and levels.

...you're regularly going to work on 3 hours sleep because you haunt Critique Corner.

...you actually expect people with Nikons to hate you on sight.

...you think your first confessional in twenty years would have to start "I did covet my neighbour's Nikon, but that was before the 5DII...".

(actually - no bigot myself - I do use some Nikon gear where Canon just can't compete: so I have one piece of luggage and a camera vest, and I've been eyeing their extra-wide strap)

...your most romantic idea for an evening with your other half is strolling along the riverbank with your cameras (and when they're in bed, you're post-processing).

...you stumble (gotta maintain momentum here) across a "naughty" picture online, and all you can think is "I could have done much better with my 5D".

...you kept reading this thread even after it became about toilet drainage.

...you suddenly notice you've bumped your camera onto an automatic mode, and you can't stop your hand twitching - like it's touched a hot stove - straight to the knob to hide the shameful implications, while looking up and around to make sure nobody's noticed, calculating how long ago it could have happened.

...someone - seeing you out and kitted up - asks you to take a picture with their P&S, and you're literally dumbfounded for ten seconds when you find no viewfinder to look through. (Was the first time after the Awakening, I'm better now...).

...it takes mental effort to transition from annoyance at the unpredictable walking of the little brat who almost headbutted your dangling 70-200 f/2.8 IS (thankfully the ever-cradling hand moved it swiftly to safety) to some semblance of caring and humanity.

...you get to the last page of this thread, and you're disappointed it's ended.

...your camera equipment - which may never snag a picture that will make any significant difference to anyone else in the world - costs more than 250,000 doses of polio vacine, or - if MMV works as advertised - cure for 20,000+ cases of malaria.

Oh dear. Oh dear :-(.

Re JBaz and post #588 - I do hope he wasn't out there with just that. Got to be a backpack nearby....

5D and too much glass. Mamiya 645E.
http://www.picasaweb.c​om/anthonypon (external link) recent work

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 14, 2009 09:09 |  #610

When you gauge "the meaning of life" by how many times you've been out to shoot in the past week/month/quarter...

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

garryknight
Goldmember
3,877 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 14, 2009 11:10 |  #611

tonydee wrote in post #7726812 (external link)
...you make it to page 33 of this thread before finally clicking last>> to find out how much longer it's going to take.

... you can come up with 18 one-liners in a single post without too much effort. ;)

Garry Knight
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/garryknight/ (external link)
Fuji X-E2, FX 16mm f/2.8, FX 27mm f/2.8; FC 35mm f/2, FX 85mm f/1.8,
FC 15-45mm, FC 50-230mm; Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Fuji X30, and an iPhone XS.

jeffsanjuan
54 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 14, 2009 13:33 |  #612

August 15 Photography wrote in post #5368213 (external link)
When this forum is your homepage for (insert browser here) And when you watch CSI and it drives you nuts when they take pictures of the crime scene with the pop up flash.

OMG this is HILARIOUS!! NO to POP-UP FLASHES!! *still laughing* =D

..:: cut from a different cloth ::..
~ 5ive Star Studios ~
40D Gripped | 40D back-up | 24-70mm 2.8L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200mm 2.8L IS = next

jeffsanjuan
54 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 14, 2009 13:47 |  #613

When you open a credit card and have a paperless statement e-mailed to you so your wife wouldn't see your purchases. (i.e.- She'd assume my ShootSac was maybe $40-$60 max, but would loose it if she knew it was $175 for a bag that's not even a "bag".)

..:: cut from a different cloth ::..
~ 5ive Star Studios ~
40D Gripped | 40D back-up | 24-70mm 2.8L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200mm 2.8L IS = next

JBaz
Goldmember
1,672 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 14, 2009 15:33 |  #614

... someone mentions to you that you look like an arab when working with a large format camera.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

To be politically correct, its classified as a Photo Jihadist...

Camera Gear

"Besides the military, photography is the only profession of where you can be proud of shooting people..."

bjyoder
Goldmember
1,664 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 14, 2009 15:51 |  #615

Rarely does the girlfirend ask why I have it, it more of, on those rare occasions, "Where's you're camera?"
It still makes me laugh when people ask why I take my camera everywhere. :lol:

...you're willing to trespass for a good shot.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure I've done this, and, to a point would again...

Ben

500px (external link) | Website (external link) | Gear

sponsored links

135,668 views & 0 likes for this thread
You know you're photography crazy when...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.