Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 01 Nov 2008 (Saturday) 20:57
Search threadPrev/next

Model Mayhem

epatt250
769 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 31, 2009 11:15 |  #196

inthedeck wrote in post #7636818 (external link)
I would never give out RAW's. Just my opinion, though. Never have, never will.

So if Kittygraphix wanted to set up a shoot with you and she does all her own editing you would pass? haha I have said I would not give out RAW's period, but then the more I think about it there would always be some situations where I would. But not many.

Gear- Why do you care? If my image is good it's good, if it sucks it sucks. It's most likely my own fault.
www.elipattersonphoto.​com (external link)

DavidPhoto
777 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 31, 2009 11:16 |  #197

I did decide to pass on it and she seemed understanding. I don't think anything bad would have happened but I just wasn't comfortable with the idea.

DavidPhoto
777 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 31, 2009 11:18 |  #198

epatt250 wrote in post #7636894 (external link)
So if Kittygraphix wanted to set up a shoot with you and she does all her own editing you would pass? haha I have said I would not give out RAW's period, but then the more I think about it there would always be some situations where I would. But not many.

If she had asked for raws of a few images I might have gone ahead but she wanted all of the raw images.
Yes there exceptions to everything!

epatt250
769 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 31, 2009 11:19 |  #199

David I think you did the right there here.

Gear- Why do you care? If my image is good it's good, if it sucks it sucks. It's most likely my own fault.

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 31, 2009 11:33 |  #200

epatt250 wrote in post #7636894 (external link)

First off, I dunno that Kat would shoot with me...it's not really her 'style' of photography (unless it were dark and edgy, which suits her more). ;) :lol:

Second, no, I would not...unless she paid for the RAW files. Of course, if she were part of my family, I might...but even then, I'd think about it.

No offense to Kat, of course. ;) Now, she might get flip to rough me up...hehe...and well...then we'll talk. :lol:

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

simply ­ amazing
325 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 31, 2009 11:37 |  #201

hi everyone! just created a MM account a few weeks ago!

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/philiptorres (external link)

- Phil
Canon 30D

epatt250
769 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 31, 2009 11:38 |  #202

She should get flip to rough you up and photograph it then post it in G&N so we can go over what constitutes "actual" abuse there :p

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 31, 2009 11:43 |  #203

I'm going to stay away from LA. :lol:

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,423 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 31, 2009 11:47 |  #204

I'd never give a raw file out either. That's my work out there. I'm even a bit miffed at my last model as she recropped my final watermarked images and took the watermark out.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

simply ­ amazing
325 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 31, 2009 11:51 |  #205

hawk911 wrote in post #7637136 (external link)
I'd never give a raw file out either. That's my work out there. I'm even a bit miffed at my last model as she recropped my final watermarked images and took the watermark out.

are we, as photographers, allowed to take action against that? being that we do have them sign model releases?

- Phil
Canon 30D

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 31, 2009 12:07 |  #206

simply amazing wrote in post #7637164 (external link)
are we, as photographers, allowed to take action against that? being that we do have them sign model releases?

About the only action you can take is to put them on your **** list and refuse to work with them again.

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,423 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 31, 2009 13:21 |  #207

or maybe talk with them and explain why your images are prepared this way. she did put them in a folder with my name on it, so she'd giving me credit. I'm just not thrilled they are missing my watermark.

edit: sent her an e-mail explaining why I've watermarked them as I do. She's new to this, so I hope to educate, not piss her off.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

Kittygraphix
Goldmember
1,199 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 31, 2009 14:30 |  #208

epatt250 wrote in post #7637072 (external link)
She should get flip to rough you up and photograph it then post it in G&N so we can go over what constitutes "actual" abuse there :p

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY POO POO THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just literally busted out laughing in my office at that!!!!!!!!

~Kat
Gear: continually growing and changing!!!!
http://kittygraphix.sm​ugmug.com/ (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/749345 (external link) http://myspace.com/kit​tygraphix (external link) ittygraphix@yahoo.com (external link)

Kittygraphix
Goldmember
1,199 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 31, 2009 14:32 |  #209

hawk911 wrote in post #7637779 (external link)
or maybe talk with them and explain why your images are prepared this way. she did put them in a folder with my name on it, so she'd giving me credit. I'm just not thrilled they are missing my watermark.

edit: sent her an e-mail explaining why I've watermarked them as I do. She's new to this, so I hope to educate, not piss her off.

I agree....I think most people just don't know any better. I've turned down about 5 shoots where the model stated they wanted the raw images. I just don't give them out. I edit my own stuff, that simple.....it's just me.

~Kat
Gear: continually growing and changing!!!!
http://kittygraphix.sm​ugmug.com/ (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/749345 (external link) http://myspace.com/kit​tygraphix (external link) ittygraphix@yahoo.com (external link)

DavidPhoto
777 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 31, 2009 15:05 |  #210

Kittygraphix wrote in post #7638266 (external link)
I agree....I think most people just don't know any better. I've turned down about 5 shoots where the model stated they wanted the raw images. I just don't give them out. I edit my own stuff, that simple.....it's just me.

really? Wow. This is the first time it has come up for me.
I have had models edit some of my pics after I delivered them but I don't care too much about that. But this model wanted all of the raw shots.

241,933 views & 1 like for this thread
Model Mayhem
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.