Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 01 Nov 2008 (Saturday) 20:57
Search threadPrev/next

Model Mayhem

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,423 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 01, 2009 07:54 |  #226

epatt250 wrote in post #7638620 (external link)
Most GWC's I dont think know what a release form is, or they print one and then when she shows up with boobs n stuff they forget. Its not that they dont have a brain, its just that they have penises too and only enough blood supply to run one at a time. I shot with a model a few months ago with 2 shoots under her belt and had never seen a release. She did inform me that her previous shoots were at guys homes.

I shoot at my house most of the time; in the garage but still at my house. I can't afford a studio. I'm not sure what the location has to do with a release.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 01, 2009 09:01 |  #227

hawk911 wrote in post #7643307 (external link)
I shoot at my house most of the time; in the garage but still at my house. I can't afford a studio. I'm not sure what the location has to do with a release.

Apparently it must mean that those of us who shoot at our homes are GWC's. :rolleyes:

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

epatt250
769 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 01, 2009 09:03 |  #228

I dont mean a home studio, just a home. While some people have very nice homes capable of shooting high fashion elegance in.. This was not the case. Like "Here go lay on muh bed'n luk sexay!".

Gear- Why do you care? If my image is good it's good, if it sucks it sucks. It's most likely my own fault.
www.elipattersonphoto.​com (external link)

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 01, 2009 09:05 |  #229

epatt250 wrote in post #7643650 (external link)
I dont mean a home studio, just a home. While some people have very nice homes capable of shooting high fashion elegance in.. This was not the case. Like "Here go lay on muh bed'n luk sexay!".

WTF???? You been spying on me? :)

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

epatt250
769 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 01, 2009 09:43 |  #230

shooterman wrote in post #7643669 (external link)
WTF???? You been spying on me? :)

Haha. Yea I am not knocking on the home studio people. It's just when you add all that stuff up like.. They email you and dont actually have a MM account They shoot you around their house on their own bed and for black backdrop shots its a sheet from walmart thumbtacked to a wall (which I have done too, but never with someone I did not know) No model release in sight I'm not saying that there are not those out there that are excellent togs that can produce fine images like that. But thats 3 strikes. I also would not have a problem using my own home (non studio) with someone I had worked with a great deal and had a good relationship built with, but never someone new.

Gear- Why do you care? If my image is good it's good, if it sucks it sucks. It's most likely my own fault.
www.elipattersonphoto.​com (external link)

simply ­ amazing
325 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Apr 01, 2009 09:50 |  #231

Tomi Hawk wrote in post #7639079 (external link)
I agree, "period" .. BUT, the more the GWC's give out raws, the more the "models" expect it. I had a shoot recently where the model, (half way thru the shoot) asked if she was gonna be gettin all the images.

I asked why she needed all of them, and she stated that she wanted some for her port, and some for her MS account .. I was like .. WTF ??????
Did you not READ my page? You just looked at the images?
She stated that all of the "other" photographers she worked with gave her all the raws! I couldn't believe this (still don't) but Christ on a Bike all-mighty!!! WTF is wrong with some people? Here .. here's my first born also .. you want anything else before we're done here? .. gawd!
I ended the session right then and there .. "period"!

And David .. is this model a model? Or, is she a photographer? Man o man ..
Whats next? A model slash photographer slash director slash mechanic?

Give out raws? Not in a million years .. I don't care if her name is Raquel Welch!

yea i just recently shot a model a couple days ago that i had a problem like this with. i was originally in talks with her a few months ago about doing a shoot, but she was asking if, after the shoot, she could have all the images so her friend could process them. WTF?!? i told her no way and that i wouldn't do the shoot. regardless, a couple months later, she finally came to her senses and obliged to the fact that she will not be getting any of the original images. i just dont get why the would ask for it in the first place. thats like me going to someone's house for dinner and asking if i can take home all the leftovers and more

- Phil
Canon 30D

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,423 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 01, 2009 10:30 |  #232

I can agree that shooting with crap BGs, hot lights from HomeDepot, and a PS can be cause to think the tog is not trustworthy. There are a great many of us that just have to use what we got til someone pays us a ton of $$ to shoot.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

Kittygraphix
Goldmember
1,199 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 01, 2009 10:31 |  #233

Yeah I think he meant those guys that take pictures of girls bent over their couch....I have a home studio myself and yes I started out with the walmart sheets tacked up but only using friends and that was for practice and for free!!!! I would NEVER shoot someone today using tacked up sheets as a backdrop!!! Hold up....that's such a lie!!! I did that just a couple days ago but it was under desperate measures and I used DOF so you can't tell it's wrinkley sheets....so that doesn't count :D

~Kat
Gear: continually growing and changing!!!!
http://kittygraphix.sm​ugmug.com/ (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/749345 (external link) http://myspace.com/kit​tygraphix (external link) ittygraphix@yahoo.com (external link)

simply ­ amazing
325 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Apr 01, 2009 10:36 |  #234

hawk911 wrote in post #7644204 (external link)
I can agree that shooting with crap BGs, hot lights from HomeDepot, and a PS can be cause to think the tog is not trustworthy. There are a great many of us that just have to use what we got til someone pays us a ton of $$ to shoot.

Kittygraphix wrote in post #7644206 (external link)
Yeah I think he meant those guys that take pictures of girls bent over their couch....I have a home studio myself and yes I started out with the walmart sheets tacked up but only using friends and that was for practice and for free!!!! I would NEVER shoot someone today using tacked up sheets as a backdrop!!! Hold up....that's such a lie!!! I did that just a couple days ago but it was under desperate measures and I used DOF so you can't tell it's wrinkley sheets....so that doesn't count :D

yea i too have a home studio setup, but thats the only thing readily available to me. granted, i have proper backdrops and lighting equipment, i cant hate on others with a home setup, as well; regardless what kind of backdrop or lighting equipment they use. i mean as long as the end-product is of quality and doesnt look like a blind paraplegic took the photo right?

- Phil
Canon 30D

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,423 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 01, 2009 11:32 |  #235

simply amazing wrote in post #7644236 (external link)
yea i too have a home studio setup, but thats the only thing readily available to me. granted, i have proper backdrops and lighting equipment, i cant hate on others with a home setup, as well; regardless what kind of backdrop or lighting equipment they use. i mean as long as the end-product is of quality and doesnt look like a blind paraplegic took the photo right?

Absolutely- if the end result is quality. I've seen some pretty GWC stuff and the tog keeps getting models. I can't understand it. the models must not know what good quality looks like.

Kittygraphix
Goldmember
1,199 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 01, 2009 11:35 |  #236

hawk911 wrote in post #7644663 (external link)
Absolutely- if the end result is quality. I've seen some pretty GWC stuff and the tog keeps getting models. I can't understand it. the models must not know what good quality looks like.

Well they probably figure it's better than what they or their boyfriends can produce so.....why no plus they are probably thinking too "well he does think I'm hot so that's good!" dumb models + GWC's = a good fit

~Kat
Gear: continually growing and changing!!!!
http://kittygraphix.sm​ugmug.com/ (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/749345 (external link) http://myspace.com/kit​tygraphix (external link) ittygraphix@yahoo.com (external link)

chrisvl
Goldmember
1,624 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 01, 2009 11:56 |  #237

the models must not know what good quality looks like.

They don't. I had to lecture a model on placing unfinshed photos with skin blemishes in her port next to my fully-edited finished photos.
Too many of them are just happy to get their photo taken.
Put a girl in a bikini, lingerie and take the crappiest photo and see how many people say great shot, hot photo.

ChrisVLinton.com (external link)
DFYNEfitnessmag.com (external link) - Fitness, Health, Glamour, Lifestyle for Women 40+
Become a Fan on Facebook (external link)
Follow me on Twitter (external link) and Instagram (external link) and Blog (external link) at Tumblr (external link)
My Gearlist

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Apr 01, 2009 12:02 |  #238

So, to those that don't give out RAW's, what file sizes do you provide to models? Obviously web sized, for their online portfolios, but, anything else aside from that? Files that they can print, for their books, etc? I'm just curious to know.

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

copper
135 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 01, 2009 12:19 as a reply to  @ post 6897030 |  #239

Can you guys also add me to your list... I am new at glamour / portraits but have some things going on.

Thanks

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/1123838 (external link)

John

Copper
http://www.johnnowicki​photography.com (external link)
http://www.myspace.com​/johnnowickiphotograph​y (external link)

simply ­ amazing
325 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Apr 01, 2009 12:22 |  #240

copper wrote in post #7645017 (external link)
Can you guys also add me to your list... I am new at glamour / portraits but have some things going on.

Thanks

John

sent you a request. im Philip T. over there :)

- Phil
Canon 30D

241,954 views & 1 like for this thread
Model Mayhem
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.