Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 03 Apr 2009 (Friday) 14:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Enlinchrom Prices

[godfather]
Goldmember
1,736 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 03, 2009 14:56 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

I called today my dealer who told me to wait to get the actual price of Enlinchrom FXRi 250. He said, it costs around 7400 INR which comes to 150 USD

Those strobes are so cheap? Or he is wrong telling me the price?

Elinchrom Studio Equipment Sale

Patiala (external link) City's Biggest Portal

Please contact me on aman.sarao@gmail.com (external link)

sponsored links
shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 03, 2009 15:27 |  #2

It's called BXRi in the states. B&H sells them for $482.95 each after you add it to the cart.

250 BXRi price (external link)

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

steveathome
Goldmember
2,174 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 03, 2009 15:46 |  #3

In the UK a BX250Ri cost me £344, and that was the cheapest price I've seen, not repeated since (now £366). The FX200/400Ri are only available to the Indian market.
If they are that price, it would be cheaper for me to pay the P&P and import tax. :D

The 135cm Octa just cost me £260

Its the price of the small deflectors that kills me, I just paid £25 for a translucent deflector, a pair of silver and gold are around about the £35/50 mark, depending on size.

shooterman
1,295 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 03, 2009 15:56 |  #4

steveathome wrote in post #7661251 (external link)
In the UK a BX250Ri cost me £344, and that was the cheapest price I've seen, not repeated since (now £366). The FX200/400Ri are only available to the Indian market.
If they are that price, it would be cheaper for me to pay the P&P and import tax. :D

The 135cm Octa just cost me £260

Its the price of the small deflectors that kills me, I just paid £25 for a translucent deflector, a pair of silver and gold are around about the £35/50 mark, depending on size.

Sorry for going off topic, but Steve how is the swivel mount on the BXRi? Is it better than the D-lites?

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

steveathome
Goldmember
2,174 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 03, 2009 16:06 |  #5

shooterman wrote in post #7661333 (external link)
Sorry for going off topic, but Steve how is the swivel mount on the BXRi? Is it better than the D-lites?

Personally I find it ok, its definitely stronger and better than the D-Lites mount, but to be honest I cant see a lot of difference between the BXRi and the original BX mounts. The BX has a metal plate for the secondary umbrella, whereas the BXRi is plastic, and the knobs are a slightly different shape.

Whether the BXRi uses a cheaper type plastic, I really couldn't say.

I'm very careful with my gear, so it doesn't get the bashing that some pro's may dish out, after all these are just tools for them, but for me they are much more :D.

shooterman
1,295 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 03, 2009 19:06 |  #6

Thanks Steve,

I was wondering if it would be possible to hang a 5ft octabox without it breaking the swivel mount off at the housing, like I did with my D-Lite. :)

Randy

[godfather]
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,736 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 04, 2009 01:39 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

hmm.. That means I am lucky :D.. The D-lites strobe eash cost some 6400 INR which comes to 128 USD :D

Cathpah
Goldmember
4,259 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Apr 04, 2009 04:51 |  #8

I believe the BXri's are made in india, so I can only assume the FXri's are as well. Maybe there is a chance that because you are in india they sell them to you drastically cheaper than to the rest of us because they're already in India and thus don't have to export them at all.

Seems almost too good to be true, but I hope not! Let us know how it goes....

Architecture (external link) | Fashion + Beauty (external link) | Travel (external link) | Mayhem (external link) | Instagram (external link)
tools of the trade
My name is Jeff, and I'm addicted to shadows in fashion and brights in architecture. "Hiiiiii Jeff."

steveathome
Goldmember
2,174 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 04, 2009 05:03 |  #9

shooterman wrote in post #7662277 (external link)
Thanks Steve,

I was wondering if it would be possible to hang a 5ft octabox without it breaking the swivel mount off at the housing, like I did with my D-Lite. :)

On the Elinchrom site, the BXRi's now replace the BX and FX range, I would therefore be surprised if they couldn't support the same range of modifiers.

Having said that, looking at the Elinchrom site, the D-Lites are listed under semi-professional compacts, the RX range under professional compacts - all in one, whereas the BXRi are just listed as high performance. They were a week or so ago also listed under professional compacts. Makes you wonder why they have changed the wording, maybe someone from Elinchrom can throw some light on it?

http://www.elinchrom.c​om/ (external link) (click on professional compacts)

I have 3 D-Lites, 1 400BX, and 1 BX250Ri, and all in all I am happy with all of them. :D

[godfather]
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,736 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 04, 2009 10:28 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

Cathpah wrote in post #7664532 (external link)
I believe the BXri's are made in india, so I can only assume the FXri's are as well. Maybe there is a chance that because you are in india they sell them to you drastically cheaper than to the rest of us because they're already in India and thus don't have to export them at all.

Seems almost too good to be true, but I hope not! Let us know how it goes....

Sure. I have just sent an email to a dealer to confirm the prices. He might be replying me by tomorrow. Will let you all

[godfather]
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,736 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2009 00:37 |  #11
bannedPermanent ban

All rite, so heres an update. I had a talk with Enlinchrom Dealer. He said, There are FXRi 200 and not 250. That costs around 150USD, stand have to be bought separately.

S&W
27 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2009 01:02 |  #12

Hello [godfather]....do you have any idea what the Ranger RX Speed AS system might be going for in India?

I will be in Mumbai in about 10 days. If there's a good deal to be had, might just be doing some shopping.

TK

[godfather]
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,736 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2009 01:28 |  #13
bannedPermanent ban

I will have to ask. If you can speak in Hindi, then you can call on this number +91 11 23348391 (ProComp Systems, Delhi) They will give you the price quote and in Mumbai the price will be the same or huundred or two Indian bucks more/less.

S&W
27 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2009 01:52 |  #14

[godfather wrote:
='[godfather];7689530'​]I will have to ask. If you can speak in Hindi, then you can call on this number +91 11 23348391 (ProComp Systems, Delhi) They will give you the price quote and in Mumbai the price will be the same or huundred or two Indian bucks more/less.

Thanks for the number [godfather] I will give it a try. Albeit I probably won't get past saying "namaste" but I'm sure can coax a little Hinglish. Thanks for your help.

[godfather]
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,736 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2009 04:23 |  #15
bannedPermanent ban

LOL! No problem, if you wont be able to get any info, let me know, I am going to the dealer in a few days to get the strobes. Then I will ask him.

sponsored links

2,873 views & 0 likes for this thread
Enlinchrom Prices
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.