Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Apr 2009 (Tuesday) 21:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Help: 1d markIII is calling me...

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,509 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 07, 2009 23:20 |  #16

5D II and 1D III...how sweet they are together :D

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links
Jmantyger
296 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 07, 2009 23:20 |  #17

TooManyShots wrote in post #7688205 (external link)
I need some help. MarkIII is calling me bad. I mean bad. I didn't want to buy it since I really want to save up some money. I even had the cash with me today and went to Adorama. But I walked out the store without the markIII. Is calling me again. This is bad..... What would be stopping me from buying it tomorrow is to choice either going out shooting some birds or bringing back a markIII. :)

It's calling me too!

Been fighting it for a few days now...

;)

5D MKIII, 16-35L f/4 IS, 24-70L II, 70-200L II f/2.8 IS, 100-400L II, 430 EX III
Feedback

Palladium
Goldmember
3,905 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 07, 2009 23:24 as a reply to  @ Jmantyger's post |  #18

Let's add this to the discussion - don't buy the camera unless you have at least 1TB free space on your CPU because you'll fill that up in the first week. :lol:

slitherjef
*burp*
1,714 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 08, 2009 00:13 |  #19

Its got my name too... jokes on it though as I have no funds right now for a new (or used) camera

Gear / Twitter (external link) / flickr (external link) / Blog (external link)
I shot a Nikon once... it didnt make it :p

troymm
268 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 08, 2009 01:53 |  #20

Last Friday I got a call from the 1D MKIII and I answered. Now its sitting right next to me. :D

1D MKIII, 5D MKII, 40D, 24-70L, 35L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 135L, 85 1.8

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 08, 2009 01:57 |  #21

I too was dashed upon the rocks by the Siren Call about three weeks ago...

It Rawks!! ;)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Greg_C
Cream of the Crop
12,674 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 08, 2009 02:30 |  #22

I've had mine for 2 months and love it. Awesome camera.

Go on, do it. You can always blame the crowd here.

Greg
Blog (external link) | Photogallery (external link) | 1DmkIV + other stuff
Sanity is a madness put to good use.

liewwk
Goldmember
3,610 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 08, 2009 03:03 |  #23

5d + 50d --> 1dmiii

is this a good choice ? doing most on macro + birding

liewwk
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/liewwk/ (external link)
liewwk Nature Photography (external link)

Rayk
Goldmember
1,838 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 08, 2009 03:29 as a reply to  @ liewwk's post |  #24

Think of Nike - JUST DO IT!!!!!

Regards Ray
LRPS - Licentiateship of The Royal Photographic Society- CPAGB - ACA - Adobe Certified Associate -
www.rakphotographic.co​m (external link)
Follow me on Facebook (external link)
Follow me on Twitter (external link)

tharmsen
Goldmember
1,737 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 08, 2009 06:24 |  #25

TooManyShots wrote in post #7688205 (external link)
I need some help. MarkIII is calling me bad. I mean bad. I didn't want to buy it since I really want to save up some money. I even had the cash with me today and went to Adorama. But I walked out the store without the markIII. Is calling me again. This is bad..... What would be stopping me from buying it tomorrow is to choice either going out shooting some birds or bringing back a markIII. :)

I failed that test. Mine arrives today from Adorama. I worked from home just so I could sign for it and give it all of the love it deserves the moment it leaves the box. :)

I say do it.

Gear List

Trique ­ Daddi
Goldmember
1,084 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 08, 2009 07:09 |  #26

Be there when the store opens and put this to rest so you can start shooting and enjoying it!

Happy Shooting!

Canon 7DMKII,7D 40D, 20D, CANON 100-400mm IS 4.5/5.6L, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro, Kenko Extension Tubes, Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS, 580EX II Flash,Gittos MH 5580 monopod, Thinktank Airport Takeoff.

nuffi
926 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 08, 2009 07:15 |  #27

My feel is that Canon will announce the upcoming release of the Mark IV sometime in the next few months, and it will be available by september or november. If I was in your situation I'd really weigh up the benefits of buying this now as opposed to waiting 6 months and getting the new model.

OF course, it is a bit of a bet on the market, too. I don't have any inside info on the next 1d release, just that it seems likely based on the market, their competitors range and the age of the current 1d models.

blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 08, 2009 07:56 |  #28

nuffi wrote in post #7690352 (external link)
My feel is that Canon will announce the upcoming release of the Mark IV sometime in the next few months, and it will be available by september or november. If I was in your situation I'd really weigh up the benefits of buying this now as opposed to waiting 6 months and getting the new model.

OF course, it is a bit of a bet on the market, too. I don't have any inside info on the next 1d release, just that it seems likely based on the market, their competitors range and the age of the current 1d models.

i LOVE The 1DmkIII and i still think that it is the best body on the market right now but i have to agree with the above post. i think that it is only a matter of a few months before we see or hear about the new 1D. of course, a new 1D will cost significantly more ($4500 is a safe bet) but it also means that the value of the 1DmkIII will drop which means that you can buy it for much much less.

of course, if you need it now, just do it and don't look back. like i said, AF issues or not, it is still the best camera i have ever used and it gave me the best shots i have ever taken.

Canonswhitelensesrule
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 08, 2009 08:18 |  #29

To quote Sonic the Hedgehog...

..."Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it..."

Who knows, with the 1D Mark III, and the 500 f4L I.S. within a few months, it might actually PAY FOR ITSELF with some of the shots you'll get.

While photography may be just a "hobby" to you right now, and may always be just a hobby to you, that doesn't mean that you CAN'T try and earn a few dollars from it on the side.

There is nothing saying you can't submit some incredible shots you take to magazines, or build up a small portfolio to take around to businesses (for their office walls etc), or to show to friends, who might even ask if they could buy prints from you.

Or if friends see how great the pictures of your niece turn out, they might want to HIRE you to take pics of their children, etc.

Just saying.

Or if not, hey, just enjoy the camera.

Photographers do it in 1/1,000th of a second...but the memory lasts forever! ;)
"It's only cheating if you get caught!" - Al Bundy
People who THINK they know it all really annoy those of us who DO!

blueM
"I am the Prince of Dorkness"
1,662 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 08, 2009 08:33 |  #30

Go for it

Adorama = $3845 + tax

BuyDig = $3830 no tax & probaby free shipping (right next door in NJ)

Kevin

Gear List

sponsored links

4,910 views & 0 likes for this thread
Help: 1d markIII is calling me...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.