Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
Thread started 30 Apr 2009 (Thursday) 15:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

if Monet had painted a pheasant . . .

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
15,025 posts
Gallery: 164 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 30, 2009 15:45 |  #1

Here's an image of a Ringneck Pheasant that I took last year. I wanted to create a surreal / artistic appearance. I edited this image with one goal in mind: to make it appear as much as an impressionistic painting as possible.

I'm asking you guys, simply, if you like it. I normally only work with images that are as lifelike as possible. In fact, this is the first time I have posted anything on this section of the forum. I'm interested to know what you all think of this treatment of a wildlife image.

Thank you, Tom Reichner

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links
Anke
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 30, 2009 15:48 |  #2

Interesting. Saves deleting it and wasting it I suppose :D

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Stickman
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 30, 2009 22:42 as a reply to  @ Anke's post |  #3

I like it in an abstract way.

Stick
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/stickgunner/ (external link)

Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 01, 2009 01:58 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

I like the idea and concept and I like the photo ...but the bird seems too blurry for the impression of it being a bird to be realized, by me anyway. I'd like to see another take at this, but with less blur and more detail given back to the subject matter

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

nrellas
255 posts
Joined Jun 2006

May 07, 2009 19:46 |  #5

While I will concede that it does render itself more artistic and painterly than a normal photograph, however impressionism was characterized by spontaneous brush strokes, and the pursuit of minimizing the amount of detail needed to identify something, something I dont really see here...

...I think the idea of an impressionistic photographic is one worth perusing, great idea, the actual workflow to accomplish it will come with time i guess....

Nick
Gear Fetishist<---------------{--}--->Photographer

midnight_rider
"Thrown under the bus."
5,413 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 07, 2009 19:49 as a reply to  @ nrellas's post |  #6

I like the idea and the image. However I feel like the colors could be a little better. The photo almost blends into itself.

I never, Not once claimed to read your post...

Bendel
323 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 07, 2009 20:17 |  #7

midnight_rider wrote in post #7878985 (external link)
I like the idea and the image. However I feel like the colors could be a little better. The photo almost blends into itself.

Exactly my thoughts.

Brandon
Canon 5D, 24-105 F4L, 70-200 F4L, 85 F1.8, 430EX II

sponsored links

1,198 views & 0 likes for this thread
if Monet had painted a pheasant . . .
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.