Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
Thread started 29 May 2009 (Friday) 06:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Dauwpop Festival Main Stage: Beth Hart, Biohazard, Ilse DeLange and others

Nouks
824 posts
Joined Oct 2007

May 29, 2009 06:59 |  #1

Last week I've been to the Dauwpop Festival. Here are some photos I took at the main stage (I posted a thread on the smaller Surprise Stage (with Anti-Flag, Infadels, Deathstars and more) aswell).

More can be found at www.nouks.nl/20090521_​Dauwpop (external link)

1. Beth Hart:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

2. Beth Hart:
IMAGE NOT FOUND

3. Biohazard:
IMAGE NOT FOUND

4. Biohazard:
IMAGE NOT FOUND

5. Ilse DeLange:
IMAGE NOT FOUND

6. Ilse DeLange
IMAGE NOT FOUND

7. Novastar:
IMAGE NOT FOUND

8. Guus Meeuwis:
IMAGE NOT FOUND

C&C much appreciated.

I used to be Gebruikersnaam.
Gearlist: 1D2, resurrected 20D, 400D, 16-35L, 28-70L, 70-200L, 85 F1.8, cute 18-55, dead 24-70 Siggie, 2 flashlights, expensive bags and loads of CF-cards.
Website (external link)Portfolio (external link)Archive (external link)

sponsored links
René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 29, 2009 09:00 |  #2

Very nice, as usual.
I might be a bit bothered by the mic in #4 and maybe 8. Not sure though.

#3 and 5 are my favourites.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 30, 2009 15:13 |  #3

Again, a strong set... Real nice pics... The mike issues aren't too bad... The smoking though kills it for me... So, minus the cigarette, you've got another real good compilation.

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

izbenn
27 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 31, 2009 18:01 as a reply to  @ johnstoy's post |  #4

Good work! I can feel the intensity of the performances. #1 seems out of place with the rest of set.

Nouks
THREAD ­ STARTER
824 posts
Joined Oct 2007

May 31, 2009 21:46 |  #5

Hmmmm okay, John: why does the smoking kill it for you? 'cause you're not into "smokers" or because of the effect on the photo?
izbenn: thanks, but almost same question for you: is it her smoking that cigarette?

Here in The Netherlands it's prohibited to smoke inside bars, restaurants, pubs and on festivals aswell. That's since last summer (July 2008). So a woman smoking on stage on a not too small festival is worth taking the picture I guess. You just don't see it that often anymore (and in fact I do like it, just because she does).

Gearlist: 1D2, resurrected 20D, 400D, 16-35L, 28-70L, 70-200L, 85 F1.8, cute 18-55, dead 24-70 Siggie, 2 flashlights, expensive bags and loads of CF-cards.

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 01, 2009 03:17 |  #6

Nouks wrote in post #8025526 (external link)
Hmmmm okay, John: why does the smoking kill it for you? 'cause you're not into "smokers" or because of the effect on the photo?
izbenn: thanks, but almost same question for you: is it her smoking that cigarette?

Here in The Netherlands it's prohibited to smoke inside bars, restaurants, pubs and on festivals aswell. That's since last summer (July 2008). So a woman smoking on stage on a not too small festival is worth taking the picture I guess. You just don't see it that often anymore (and in fact I do like it, just because she does).

There is less and less smoking around here, where I live... Our local concert venue doesn't permit smoking, except outside on the lower deck (once in a while, you can tell someone lit up a *joint* in the bathroom.)... However, last year, the only smoker ever to light up on stage was Dicky Betts (Allman Bros)... actually, no one in the audience said anything...

While personally, I did smoke for a few short yrs. and since I quit, I can't stand the smell or sight of it... (one of my older brother's nearly died, from smoking recently, and still refuses to quit... so it's a personal thing...) The less I see of it, the easier it is to forget it even exists.

Now, getting back to your photo set... it's got artistic merit, and positive composition... good job.

John Stoy

My Gear List

Coppatop85
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2007

Jun 01, 2009 13:15 |  #7

Wow, these are stellar! I love #'s 1, 3, and 4. How did you get that angle on #7?

5D3, lenses, tripod, and a flash.
Wobsite: www.coppatopphotos.com (external link)

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,400 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 01, 2009 13:57 |  #8

Very nice, Anouk. Lots of good angles and treatments but sometimes I wish they'd let you have a ladder. I, too, dislike the smoking for the reason that it is addictive and bands smoking so publicly is like advertising to youngsters ... the tobacco companies have lied, cheated and stolen to keep people, particularly kids, addicted. I do think smoke is a great addition but would prefer it to be supplied by smoke machines.

Disclaimer: I smoked for 18 years. I have had a quadruple coronary bypass and will have to have a mitral valve repair and aortic valve replacement (like Robin Williams) within a few years, to which I am sure that smoking was a huge contributor. Smoking isn't like heroin as it does grave bodily harm when used as directed, sigh.

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

Nouks
THREAD ­ STARTER
824 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 01, 2009 14:37 |  #9

Thanks for the replies guys!

Funny how so many people have such a strong opinion on the smoking. I didn't expect that...

Oh by the way, I had some doubts about which Biohazard-close up to post, I've got a few more in the same series, and I'd like to know which you like best, 4, 9 or 10...

9:

IMAGE NOT FOUND

10:

IMAGE NOT FOUND

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 01, 2009 20:33 |  #10

DwightMcCann wrote in post #8029388 (external link)
Very nice, Anouk. Lots of good angles and treatments but sometimes I wish they'd let you have a ladder. I, too, dislike the smoking for the reason that it is addictive and bands smoking so publicly is like advertising to youngsters ... the tobacco companies have lied, cheated and stolen to keep people, particularly kids, addicted. I do think smoke is a great addition but would prefer it to be supplied by smoke machines.

Disclaimer: I smoked for 18 years. I have had a quadruple coronary bypass and will have to have a mitral valve repair and aortic valve replacement (like Robin Williams) within a few years, to which I am sure that smoking was a huge contributor. Smoking isn't like heroin as it does grave bodily harm when used as directed, sigh.

Same here with my older brother... He had quadruple bypass two yrs ago, and might need to go in for adjustments sooner... cause he still persists on smoking.

Hey Anouk... Luckily I quit smoking, cold turkey... the realization really hits home, when it actually hurts those close to you...

Stay healthy, and keep on taking those great pics. # 10 looks better to me, cause of the warmer tints... but # 9 has a better nose.

John Stoy

My Gear List

Coppatop85
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2007

Jun 01, 2009 20:34 |  #11

Is #9 Desaturated?

5D3, lenses, tripod, and a flash.
Wobsite: www.coppatopphotos.com (external link)

Nouks
THREAD ­ STARTER
824 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 02, 2009 09:23 |  #12

#9 and 10 have been edited both in almost the same way. Nothing desaturated, but both include a B+W layer mixed with a color layer. Same on 1, 2, 6, 7 and 8 though.

Joetaco
230 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jun 05, 2009 06:24 as a reply to  @ Nouks's post |  #13

#1,#5,#7, #10. great series!

http://joenguyenphoto.​com/ (external link)

Nouks
THREAD ­ STARTER
824 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 05, 2009 09:52 |  #14

Thank you Joe :)

alessandro2009
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 07, 2009 14:01 |  #15

5-9 for me.

sponsored links

3,202 views & 0 likes for this thread
Dauwpop Festival Main Stage: Beth Hart, Biohazard, Ilse DeLange and others
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.