Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 09 Jun 2009 (Tuesday) 08:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Before & After #192

Photo-by-Leal
641 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 11, 2009 16:34 |  #16

Shadowblade wrote in post #8078675 (external link)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the duck on a clean chopping board and remove any excess fat from the neck and body cavities.
3. Rinse the duck thoroughly, inside and out, under a cold running tap and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Pierce the skin of the duck all over with a cocktail stick or a thin bladed knife, at 1 inch intervals.
5. Rub salt and pepper into the skin of the duck, inside as well as outside.
6. Position the duck on a rack placed in a roasting tray, breast side up.
7. Pour a few cups of boiling water over the duck and into the roasting tray and place into the preheated oven.
8. Roast the duck for up to 3 hours or until no fat remains and the skin is crispy and brown, turning the duck over after every 30 minutes. Basting the duck with the juices may help to release more fat whilst cooking, although this is not necessary.
9. Once the duck is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer it onto a carving board. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.

QUOTED IMAGE

Now that's what you call PhotoChop Duck!

 - angel m. leal jr. - 

sponsored links
Spidy
THREAD ­ STARTER
450 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 11, 2009 21:48 as a reply to  @ post 8089792 |  #17

This was a fun one for me because I just loved this picture. The drakes were trying to impress the hen and the competition was on.

Lore: You did a nice job with the colors and contrast. I did not even notice the vignette until I read it and was a nice touch. I would have preferred a different crop, but all in all a nice edit.

Monty: The colors of the ducks looked true enough, but the grass was a bit too green .... might be my monitor. I liked the crop, but not feeling the slant. Very nice edit.

Fstopmiami123: Seems a bit blown to me, but I'm thinking you were going for this effect. Looks kind of cool after looking at it for a while, kind of cartoonish. Again, I would have preferred a tighter crop.

Masterwillams: Quak! LOL ... that was cute. The overall picture looks a tad dark to me taking away some of the detail of the drakes. I knew someone would come up with a Quack ... or, I mean a Quak!!

Saphire: I loved the crop, and the birds and grass look as they did when I was there. I also like this type of framing. Nice job.

Shadowblade: It's amazing what you can do in photoshop these days!! Yikes! Thanks for the laugh :lol:

ChristineTx: This was interesting. The vignette was a bit much. Your rendition looks more like a piece of film rather than an old photo ... but thanks for trying something different.

NeverSummer: I really liked what you did with the grass, it was very different. BUT ... you deleted one of my favorite ducks!! :shock: Also the color on the ducks changed completely. I do like how you enhanced the detail though. Nice edit.

NigelD: A red head!! LOL! Thanks, this was funny.

Douglas: A very tight crop, but kind of works with what you have going on here with the frame.

This was fun, and thank you everyone for taking part. I found myself peeking into this thread more then before just to see what everyone had done with my ducks :lol:

All of these were good edits in their own right, but there can be only one winner. My choice was Saphire.

Debi
"Dog's have owners. Cat's have staff"

-Douglas-
Beware of DOUG
2,774 posts
Gallery: 165 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 12, 2009 08:34 |  #18

Congrats Saphire!

Nice edits everyone :cool:

>myGEAR<
Edit My Images- OK
"Brain Fart" = an essential bodily function.

NigelD
I'm waiting....
6,765 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 12, 2009 08:40 |  #19

Can't wait for #193 - good selection here everyone :D

Nigel
http://nigeldaltonphot​ography.com/ (external link)

Lore
Damn I failed the goat
2,966 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 12, 2009 09:06 as a reply to  @ NigelD's post |  #20

great gob everyone!

congrats sapphire!

Lore
flickr (external link) - Website (external link) - Blography (external link)
"Every photograph tells a story, What's your story?"

Saphire
249 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jun 12, 2009 09:22 |  #21

Wow" What a wonderful surprise Thank you I have only just come home from shopping I will post a photo very shortly.

Christine
Please forgive any out of focus images I have a sight problem, (My white stick gets in the way:cool:).Canon 7D 50D,40D, 400 f5.6, 70-200 F4 L, 100mm macro, Tokina 12-24, 580 ex, tube set, Kenko 1x5,1x4,2x.

monty28428
Cream of the Crop
10,121 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 12, 2009 10:51 |  #22

Congrats Saphire!!

Nice go at it everybody.

sponsored links

2,810 views & 0 likes for this thread
Before & After #192
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.