Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another Arizona POTN get together (3)?

this thread is locked
BrianAZ
Goldmember
1,550 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 12, 2009 14:21 |  #1036

Kristy,

I'd have to agree with Jay. Although my first thought wasn't of MA, but more along the lines of something more harsh.

On the camera left side of her face, it looks a bit blochy, almost giving her a bruised appearance. Also her lower half of her face looks a bit heavy, and she definately has a masculine jaw line and in this shot she is looking a bit "jowley".

Website (external link)
My Blog (external link)
facebook (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links
Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 12, 2009 15:10 |  #1037

Okay... so it's a bad shot all around... Embarassing.... :oops:

You are right Brian.. Her skin is blotchy.. and I tried to soften it.. but it is what it is... I'm not into spending too much time trying to perfect it... it's better than the original splotchiness.. just softer and lighter maybe. lol... (call me lazy).

On the angle... It's my problem... you see at 5 ft. 3... I'm too short. I was trying to stand on my tippy toes.. but really needed a stepping stool to get a good angle on it. Since I didn't have anything to stand on... well.... you see what happens.

So maybe this is off to the trash bin... blah....

Now if I could just figure out how to grow about 6 more inches...... (see why I like shooting kiddos... they are the right height, lol....)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 12, 2009 15:14 |  #1038

Kristy wrote in post #8098522 (external link)
Okay... so it's a bad shot all around... Embarassing.... :oops:

You are right Brian.. Her skin is blotchy.. and I tried to soften it.. but it is what it is... I'm not into spending too much time trying to perfect it... it's better than the original splotchiness.. just softer and lighter maybe. lol... (call me lazy).

On the angle... It's my problem... you see at 5 ft. 3... I'm too short. I was trying to stand on my tippy toes.. but really needed a stepping stool to get a good angle on it. Since I didn't have anything to stand on... well.... you see what happens.

So maybe this is off to the trash bin... blah....

Now if I could just figure out how to grow about 6 more inches...... (see why I like shooting kiddos... they are the right height, lol....)

Did you sell off every chair in your house?

Kidding aside, a three-level step ladder would probably be a good investment.
When I went to PMA a couple of years ago, the guy showing off the (then) new MkIII was standing on two apple boxes because the models being shot were probably 6'5" tall in heels...

Improvise .. Adapt .. Overcome!!

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 12, 2009 15:21 |  #1039

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #8098536 (external link)
Did you sell off every chair in your house?

Kidding aside, a three-level step ladder would probably be a good investment.
When I went to PMA a couple of years ago, the guy showing off the (then) new MkIII was standing on two apple boxes because the models being shot were probably 6'5" tall in heels...

Improvise .. Adapt .. Overcome!!

Well.. I do have one of the step ladders.... I forgot to bring it that day.... :oops:
And it was at her house, full of people... and the kitchen chairs had been cleared away to undisclosed location to make room for buffet tables....

and FWIW... I always wear 2-3 inch heels of some sort when I'm shooting (unless of course I end up barefoot.. but my shoes are usually close by. I shudda had her squat down.. lol...

Maybe I should learn how to walk in those 6-inch platform shoes... so the pole dancing class is back on... hahaha!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 12, 2009 15:22 |  #1040

Kristy wrote in post #8098590 (external link)
Well.. I do have one of the step ladders.... I forgot to bring it that day.... :oops:
And it was at her house, full of people... and the kitchen chairs had been cleared away to undisclosed location to make room for buffet tables....

and FWIW... I always wear 2-3 inch heels of some sort when I'm shooting (unless of course I end up barefoot.. but my shoes are usually close by. I shudda had her squat down.. lol...

Maybe I should learn how to walk in those 6-inch platform shoes... so the pole dancing class is back on... hahaha!

Dibs on shooting that! :lol:

OBTW, the guy that shot my wedding brought a six foot ladder to the church and the reception .. just in case.

Jay

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 12, 2009 15:29 |  #1041

and what the heck is with yu having like 18,000 posts.... have you no life... you travel.... where do you find the time...

and shooting that..... NOT! (hee hee)

and my stepladder... used to always be in my car... then I traded it for a yoga mat.. now I just sit at my computer and have allergies..... and edit pictures of poorly composed people wishing I could figure out how to alter a face in photoshop... all the while watching 7 children eating lunch and tossing food on my "mopped yesterday" floor.....

Fun life! (maybe I should take up writing and give the camera a break.)

~George Carlin

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 12, 2009 15:38 |  #1042

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #8098602 (external link)
OBTW, the guy that shot my wedding brought a six foot ladder to the church and the reception .. just in case.

Oh and one more thing.... Did he actually use it?

So here's the scene.... Kristy is walking around at a backyard wedding reception... the place is packed. Can't get a clean shot of anything. She has a huge camera with a big lens on it.... and is trying to navigate the crowd.

She see's a "moment" starting to unfold... so quick.. she grabbes a 12-pound metal stepladder that is some how strapped to her back.. and when it it folded up, it's tall enough that the legs drag on the ground behind her....

So anyway... she knocks some lady in the head when she is trying to get it off her back, and when she turns to apologize, she knocks a glass of red wine onto another lady's dress... oops....:oops: Finally the ladder is open, but not after accidentally putting it on someone's foot... and leaving a nice puncture wound...

Well.. that magical moment that was about to unfold.... it's over.. and all that's left of the scene... are a few empty beer cans lying on the grass.... and an empty pail of water... whatever that means.

I think tall shoes are in order.

~George Carlin

Dean ­ Rachwitz
941 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jun 12, 2009 17:48 |  #1043

Kristy - how about something like this? Should be light and fold/unfold pretty rapidly.

http://www.acehardware​.com …378227&CAWELAID​=109373101 (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | Byte size: ZERO

Dean
Nikon Invader
D300/grip|80-200 2.8|70-300VR|17-50 2.8|18-55VR|10-20|50 & 35 1.8|SB-800|2xSB600|
RacersPhoto.com (external link) | Flickr (external link) | facebook (external link)

BrianAZ
Goldmember
1,550 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 12, 2009 20:11 |  #1044

Kristy wrote in post #8098700 (external link)

So here's the scene.... Kristy is walking around at a backyard wedding reception... the place is packed. Can't get a clean shot of anything. She has a huge camera with a big lens on it.... and is trying to navigate the crowd.

She see's a "moment" starting to unfold... so quick.. she grabbes a 12-pound metal stepladder that is some how strapped to her back.. and when it it folded up, it's tall enough that the legs drag on the ground behind her....

So anyway... she knocks some lady in the head when she is trying to get it off her back, and when she turns to apologize, she knocks a glass of red wine onto another lady's dress... oops....:oops: Finally the ladder is open, but not after accidentally putting it on someone's foot... and leaving a nice puncture wound...

Well.. that magical moment that was about to unfold.... it's over.. and all that's left of the scene... are a few empty beer cans lying on the grass.... and an empty pail of water... whatever that means.

You know if you asked really nicely, I'm sure someone would be willing to carry you around on their shoulders.... (runs away)

Website (external link)
My Blog (external link)
facebook (external link)
Gear List

BrianAZ
Goldmember
1,550 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 12, 2009 20:11 |  #1045

New pic! Mom and baby are doing great.

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3347/3621062448_f91c74fcd4.jpg

Website (external link)
My Blog (external link)
facebook (external link)
Gear List

nuklehead
144 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 12, 2009 20:16 |  #1046

aw! so sweet Brian!

Barbie
KlickenPhotos.com

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 12, 2009 22:21 |  #1047

Kristy wrote in post #8098700 (external link)

BrianAZ wrote in post #8099900 (external link)
You know if you asked really nicely, I'm sure someone would be willing to carry you around on their shoulders.... (runs away)

Better yet...

If she asked really nicely, I bet someone would be willing to be assistant for the day...

BrianAZ wrote in post #8099902 (external link)
New pic! Mom and baby are doing great.

QUOTED IMAGE

How wonderfully peaceful. Again, you do good "work" ;)

Jay

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,317 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 12, 2009 22:58 |  #1048

1dsmk3 anyone?
http://phoenix.craigsl​ist.org/nph/pho/121781​0604.html (external link)

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

TammieO
Goldmember
2,020 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 13, 2009 18:04 |  #1049

Brian, sweet shot of your new addition. Let's see more!!!

Everyone else, stop giving stop giving Kristy a hard time. :p

I'm settled into my temporary digs for the next few months. Unfortunately, I'm back on the night shift for the next few weeks. Hard to do sightseeing unless I want to flip my sleep schedule back and forth. Oh well, at least I still have a job.
Russ and I had a good time on the drive up here (he flew home and will be visiting). We stopped at some wildlife refuges along the way. I saw my first pheasant and got his picture. Conditions were pretty bad...the wind picked up and stirred up dust, it started to rain and then the thunder started. Not much post processing done because all I have is my uncalibrated laptop. Hope he looks ok.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammie
1DMkII

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 13, 2009 19:08 |  #1050

Very handsome critter Tammie...

Keep in touch!!

Jay

sponsored links

649,928 views & 0 likes for this thread
Another Arizona POTN get together (3)?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.