Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!

this thread is locked
Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,917 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 27, 2009 23:28 |  #1741

bsaber wrote in post #8187062 (external link)
I want a Hasselblad :( but the 1DsII will do just fine for now :D

even 5D or 40D will do the job, no need for something more, i just collect too many bodies for just collecting and fun. ;):p

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
bsaber
I have no idea what's going on
3,536 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 28, 2009 02:50 |  #1742

Tareq wrote in post #8187158 (external link)
even 5D or 40D will do the job, no need for something more, i just collect too many bodies for just collecting and fun. ;):p

Hm... how about giving me the Hasselblad you have right now and then you can go "collect" the newer and better H3DII-50! ;)

Tareq
17,917 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 28, 2009 03:40 |  #1743

bsaber wrote in post #8187773 (external link)
Hm... how about giving me the Hasselblad you have right now and then you can go "collect" the newer and better H3DII-50! ;)

If i got enough money then i will collect 50mp first place, so selling my 39mp will not give me enough money so i don't have enough to add to get 50mp, but really my eyes was on 50mp not 39mp, but my budget that time was closer for 39mp, and too bad that if i got 50mp i can upgrade to 60mp with no much loss, but how i can get rid of 39mp with great deal.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

bsaber
3,536 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 28, 2009 03:53 |  #1744

Tareq wrote in post #8187904 (external link)
If i got enough money then i will collect 50mp first place, so selling my 39mp will not give me enough money so i don't have enough to add to get 50mp, but really my eyes was on 50mp not 39mp, but my budget that time was closer for 39mp, and too bad that if i got 50mp i can upgrade to 60mp with no much loss, but how i can get rid of 39mp with great deal.

True... I always wanted to play with a H3DII. Never got the chance. Oh well, one day. :D

Tareq
17,917 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 28, 2009 04:03 |  #1745

bsaber wrote in post #8187953 (external link)
True... I always wanted to play with a H3DII. Never got the chance. Oh well, one day. :D

oh really?!!!
the dealer of Hasselblad here is becoming a friend, and i went to him many times, just last month or say this month as well i didn't go to him, but yesterday i went there but they are closed in Saturday, i will go to him soon, but in the past before i purchase my hassy i was playing with 31mp and 39mp, and i did a mistake to do that as i couldn't resist anymore and bought it by the beginning of this year.
Medium Formats are really something else, i got amazing sharp and beautiful color with my kit lens HC 2.8/80mm, i played with 120mm macro at the store and i completely blown away, no Canon or Nikon lens the sharpest can come closer.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Tareq
17,917 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 28, 2009 04:05 |  #1746

Too bad i want that 120mm so bad, and i read in Haaselblad that 100mm is the sharpest, oh my, if that 120mm sharpness bleeding me so extreme, how will that 100mm be then, i don't want to try or imagine, i know myself, i am so weak, very weak.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

bsaber
3,536 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 28, 2009 23:22 |  #1747

Tareq wrote in post #8188002 (external link)
Too bad i want that 120mm so bad, and i read in Haaselblad that 100mm is the sharpest, oh my, if that 120mm sharpness bleeding me so extreme, how will that 100mm be then, i don't want to try or imagine, i know myself, i am so weak, very weak.

LOL, better stay away from playing with the 100mm in the store then :D

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 29, 2009 00:28 |  #1748

Tareq wrote in post #8187904 (external link)

These ultra high mega pixel medium format cameras, do they actually capture more stops of light then the full frame sensors we're dealing with, with our Canon cameras? For the longest time, the real difference with film was that there was no need for HDR methodology when shooting as film always had a greater dynamic range. Do these medium format digital camera completely solve this issue and gap or is there still some need for better performance in this specific area as newer models are brought out?

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

Tareq
17,917 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 29, 2009 06:43 |  #1749

The Ghost of FM wrote in post #8192528 (external link)
These ultra high mega pixel medium format cameras, do they actually capture more stops of light then the full frame sensors we're dealing with, with our Canon cameras? For the longest time, the real difference with film was that there was no need for HDR methodology when shooting as film always had a greater dynamic range. Do these medium format digital camera completely solve this issue and gap or is there still some need for better performance in this specific area as newer models are brought out?

Cheers!

And i want to know how the film cameras can do shots with better HDR or DR than digital? Also medium format cameras whether film or digital has larger sensor and better DR than 35mm digital. I have a dark shot or say so underexposed shot from my Hasselblad, i didn't try to increase the exposure and see how it performs for that against Canon or Nikon DSLRs, about sharpness and colors i saw it was the winner, i didn't test something else, and the ISO i don't care much as DSLRs doing better than film itself, so medium format has its own class and i don't want to get down DSLRs but also i won't praise MF, also we shouldn't try to find many or some excuses about digital MF because they are expensive, i will always choose digital MF for studio and portraits and even landscapes if so, and also higher mp can be so handy if we know when and where to use that high mp, it will be very ridiculus and so silly if those companies incresing that mp every year for nothing or worthless.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 30, 2009 17:59 as a reply to  @ Tareq's post |  #1750

Thanks for responding Tareq!

Helpful info!

I got a bit bored today and dragged out my old reel to reel to try doing a "glamor" shot of it!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i66.photobucket​.com …ter/VV4G4548cop​ysmall.jpg (external link)

Cheers!

Tareq
17,917 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 30, 2009 18:39 |  #1751

The Ghost of FM wrote in post #8202707 (external link)
Thanks for responding Tareq!

Helpful info!

I got a bit bored today and dragged out my old reel to reel to try doing a "glamor" shot of it!

QUOTED IMAGE

Cheers!

Nice shot!

I am almost bored for almost 2 months now, and nothing to shoot or say nothing around inspiring and interesting to shoot, with the weather of about 45-50 degree i even can't breathing.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

David ­ S
559 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 02, 2009 23:57 as a reply to  @ Tareq's post |  #1752

Good to see this thread still going.

Couple of shots...

ISO 100:

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/3655536815_e8b12ab9b9_o.jpg

ISO 51200 (3200 + 4EV in PP). I was messing around to see how much I could salvage the shot in post. It was completely dark in the room and I was just impressed focusing was dead on.

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3683344656_e465a7bbb8_o.jpg

Leica M | Sony a7R | Fujfilm X-Pro 1
flickrexternal link

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 03, 2009 00:16 as a reply to  @ David S's post |  #1753

Nice shooting David!

Yeah, I can still remember the days when I had my 5D and had to turn the lights up to get a focus lock, switch the lens into MF to not lose the position, go back and turn down the lights and then take the shot. I haven't had to do that once with my 1DsMkII !

Cheers!

David ­ S
559 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 03, 2009 00:27 |  #1754

Thanks Ghost! You are single-handedly keeping this thread going.

The focus is truly amazing for sure.

flickrexternal link

David ­ S
559 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 03, 2009 16:51 as a reply to  @ David S's post |  #1755

Couple of more at ISO 1600 and f/2.8 and the use of outer points. No need to focus and recompose like my 30D.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2513/3683566537_e10515e628_o.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/3684403924_195d20f924_o.jpg

flickrexternal link

sponsored links

1,407,021 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.