Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 15 Jul 2009 (Wednesday) 14:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

MY 5DmII JUST...

dekil_3b
81 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 16, 2009 12:40 |  #16

congratz! yippiee!! horrayy!! enjoy!! I am sure u r gonna love it...

www.deddyphotography.c​om (external link)
Canon EOS 5D MK II Gripped
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM | Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon Speedlite 580EX II

sponsored links
CyberPet
Hiding Under a Rock
4,052 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 16, 2009 12:43 |  #17

I'd love to see a camel walking like a duck. :D

/Petra Hall
Click here to view my geeky gear list
I shoot as much as possible in available light... sometimes, my flash is available – Joe Buissink

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 16, 2009 12:51 |  #18

Stupid question? Do you live there or are you in the war zone?

BrettRio
375 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 16, 2009 13:02 |  #19

doublehmom wrote in post #8291341 (external link)
Stupid question? Do you live there or are you in the war zone?

+1

And btw, that combo of a lens... quite tasty..

www.flickr.com/brettan​dchalsphotography
Canon EOS 50D • 24-70L

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 16, 2009 13:32 |  #20

Well, he could actually live there.

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 16, 2009 13:36 |  #21

Sorry, I just read your site.

JAcosta
Goldmember
1,522 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 16, 2009 13:49 |  #22

merp wrote in post #8291277 (external link)
I'm in Iraq, how about a camel, or a donkey?? will that do ?? =(

Let me know if you get to come through Al Udeid in the next couple months or so. We'll get together and "photo-nerd" it up.

Like any of the photos Ive posted?flickr flickr flickr (external link)
^^^Click Here^^^
Chances are you'll see something else you like!

mikeassk
Goldmember
2,329 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 16, 2009 14:26 |  #23

haha,
there must be a duck like creature somewhere?

Stuff

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 16, 2009 14:50 |  #24
bannedPermanently

Their are no stupid questions! Umm, I'm in the Army doing a tour =) I'm in a warzone deployed xD and Cyberpet I'll try my best to get a camel walking like a duck, but that could be difficult. Those camels are pretty far out there while we drive passed ha. I'd love to photo nerd it up JAcosta, but I'm going home in 19days from a 445day deployment =) maybe next time =) I could look for a bird around here somewhere mikeassk! Tha't's a little like a duck xD

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Jul 16, 2009 15:04 |  #25

You might really like the 24-105 instead of the 24-70... I know I do. The extra reach and IS is great.

I also recommend a UWA if you're into that sort of thing. Either a 16-35 or 17-40.

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 16, 2009 15:10 |  #26

I just want to say~ THANK YOU for fighting for my families freedom and our safety. I am a Air Force wife and my husband went to Iraq last year but was only gone for 4 months so it was fairly easy. Now a 445 day deployment, that is TOUGH. ANyway, I am happy you get to come home soon and I am so happy you got your 5dm2. Mine is on its way. I got to buy one due to our no tax and 15% off.

Congrats on the camera!!!

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 16, 2009 16:03 |  #27
bannedPermanently

Todd Lambert wrote in post #8291978 (external link)
You might really like the 24-105 instead of the 24-70... I know I do. The extra reach and IS is great.

I also recommend a UWA if you're into that sort of thing. Either a 16-35 or 17-40.

When I was on leave I picked up all three of them. It was a hard choice, and the 24-70L just pulled on me more. I figured I had my 70-200 for enough reach. I plan on picking up the 16-35 for christmas/birthday. It was a hard two months trying to figure out which lens I wanted lol.

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 16, 2009 16:07 |  #28
bannedPermanently

doublehmom wrote in post #8292001 (external link)
I just want to say~ THANK YOU for fighting for my families freedom and our safety. I am a Air Force wife and my husband went to Iraq last year but was only gone for 4 months so it was fairly easy. Now a 445 day deployment, that is TOUGH. ANyway, I am happy you get to come home soon and I am so happy you got your 5dm2. Mine is on its way. I got to buy one due to our no tax and 15% off.

Congrats on the camera!!!

=) your very welcome, and thank you for your support as well. families help out alot back home so, without that where would we be? It's been a long fifteen months I assure you! Two months, four months, or fifteen. It's all really hard on everyone no matter how long we are gone. I bet you understand that! I'm glad he returned home safely.

And about discount, god the one soldier on this forum I think got the 5DmII for what.. 2100 because of the discount? I was completely jealous ha. I was like "Damn mee for not watching."

congrats though! I'm sure you'll love it just as much as the many others on here!

Brett
Goldmember
4,176 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 16, 2009 16:32 |  #29

I'd like to second doublehmom's sentiment and say thank you for your service to our country. I know it doesn't get said enough, but it needs to be said. Whatever anyone's opinion about the war, everyone I speak with supports you guys and gals to the utmost. We're all pulling for you. :)

flickr (external link)

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 16, 2009 16:35 |  #30
bannedPermanently

Brett wrote in post #8292491 (external link)
I'd like to second doublehmom's sentiment and say thank you for your service to our country. I know it doesn't get said enough, but it needs to be said. Whatever anyone's opinion about the war, everyone I speak with supports you guys and gals to the utmost. We're all pulling for you. :)

Thank you Brett! we/i appreciate it =)

sponsored links

4,419 views & 0 likes for this thread
MY 5DmII JUST...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.