Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 17 Jul 2009 (Friday) 13:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need to buy Duracell rechargeables for 580EX2, which ones?

Duncan ­ Frenz
Purposely evaded the TF
1,553 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 17, 2009 19:50 |  #16

avbcon12 wrote in post #8298933 (external link)
thank you for being reasonable! I think throwing the voucher out would be just stupid too

Welcome to the insanity that is POTN... A lot of people here are quite zealous in their pursuit of 'perfection' and anything less is blasphemy. The white top Duracells will be fine and even the pre-charged Rayovacs compete quite well against the Eneloops. Only reason I have Eneloops is because I get them freeeeeeeee. :D I'd get the Powerex otherwise. ;)

Even though we all would like the 'best' of everything, sometimes getting 'works for me' will do just fine. Some of us even use 'crop' cameras and not 1Ds bodies with 'L' lenses! *gasp*

- Duncan
Gear_Mor
e than I need, Less than I want
Nonconformists are all alike.
I am not an expert, but I play one on the internet.:D

sponsored links
ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 17, 2009 20:55 |  #17

None, get Sanyo Eneloops.

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

avbcon12
THREAD ­ STARTER
163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 17, 2009 21:13 |  #18

Duncan Frenz wrote in post #8299098 (external link)
Welcome to the insanity that is POTN... A lot of people here are quite zealous in their pursuit of 'perfection' and anything less is blasphemy. The white top Duracells will be fine and even the pre-charged Rayovacs compete quite well against the Eneloops. Only reason I have Eneloops is because I get them freeeeeeeee. :D I'd get the Powerex otherwise. ;)

Even though we all would like the 'best' of everything, sometimes getting 'works for me' will do just fine. Some of us even use 'crop' cameras and not 1Ds bodies with 'L' lenses! *gasp*

thank you!

50D, BG-E2, 24-70mm f2.8L, 50mm f1.8, 580EX2, 430EX2, PW's etc...

Ralph ­ Merlino
Goldmember
1,645 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 17, 2009 22:45 as a reply to  @ post 8298933 |  #19

I think you will find that most people here are
big fans of Eneloop, I know that I am.

avbcon12
THREAD ­ STARTER
163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 17, 2009 22:50 |  #20

yes yes, I know. thats great and Im a fan of them too however, i have free vouchers that i need to use! I refuse to "throw them away" just because something else is better. If you were given a free voucher for an XS body would you throw it out because the 1Ds is better? Id hope not!

im looking for the best DURACELLS as explained in the first post.

avbcon12
THREAD ­ STARTER
163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 18, 2009 12:35 |  #21

So I picked up the Duracell pre-charged white tops and can already tell you that they are WAY BETTER than the 2650 they replaced. I wonder if I got a bad batch of the 2650's because they are almost useless. The new pre-charged whites right out of the packaging are already lasting twice as long as the 2650's did. Ill keep everyone posted on the second set I got to see if they are like the pack I just opened.

DennisW1
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 18, 2009 12:44 |  #22

avbcon12 wrote in post #8297268 (external link)
So im trying to find out which rechargeables are best from duracell, HAVE TO BE DURACELL because I bought the 2650mah ones and the shelf life and lifespan has been far from acceptable lately and P&G sent me 2 vouchers for (2) 4 packs of AA rechargeables. I currently get about 15 full flash outputs (red lights) until the light remains green and the flash becomes useless/ wont turn on (on a full charge). Also, shelf life after a full charge is about 1 week and I get maybe 10 flashes from those until they are useless.

I need to know which are best? initially I went with the 2650 since its the largest they carry (i think) but the rep that I spoke to lead me to believe that the "pre-charged" 2000mah units would be better and last longer.

any opinions would be great.

Thanks!

Sanyo Enloops or Maha PowerMax are the only two I would consider, cant tell you much either good or bad about the Duracells

avbcon12
THREAD ­ STARTER
163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 18, 2009 12:47 |  #23

So far these white top duracells seem to be on par with my eneloops. I wouldnt doubt that they are re-branded sanyos.

Armageddonmonkey
49 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 18, 2009 13:05 |  #24

avbcon12 wrote in post #8301982 (external link)
So I picked up the Duracell pre-charged white tops and can already tell you that they are WAY BETTER than the 2650 they replaced. I wonder if I got a bad batch of the 2650's because they are almost useless. The new pre-charged whites right out of the packaging are already lasting twice as long as the 2650's did. Ill keep everyone posted on the second set I got to see if they are like the pack I just opened.

I'd say you got a bad batch... I run the 2650's in my 430EX... have shot over 300 pics in a single setting with no problems, and they weren't freshly charged either...

Matthew

jcothron
Goldmember
4,226 posts
Gallery: 416 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 18, 2009 13:13 |  #25

avbcon12 wrote in post #8302022 (external link)
So far these white top duracells seem to be on par with my eneloops. I wouldnt doubt that they are re-branded sanyos.

I'm amazed at the number of people that would tell you to throw away a free voucher. Granted we're only talking about $20 or so.. but $ is $ but the idea of "throwing the voucher away" seems quite ludicrous to me. If the white tops work decently.. why not get them for free?

Congrats, glad it worked out for you.

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 18, 2009 17:26 |  #26

avbcon12 wrote in post #8301982 (external link)

i'm glad it worked out for you. i don't have any first hand experience with the 2650 variety, but the pre-charged white tops work great. on many other forums, the pre-charged are more highly recommended than the 2650 ones. it didn't really make much sense to me, but i followed the recommendations and i'm happy.

gordon
Gear and Feedback

sponsored links

1,808 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need to buy Duracell rechargeables for 580EX2, which ones?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.