Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 26 Sep 2005 (Monday) 09:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Whats Your Favorite Joke? (Please don't report bad jokes)

F4 ­ Cyborg
952 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 19, 2009 13:00 |  #2341
bannedPermanent ban

bjordan wrote in post #8306309 (external link)
One year for my ex's birthday, I got a nice gift basket and put some sponges, gloves, toilet brush, dish soap, windex, a bottle of bleach (the good stuff)... you know, all the things women like.

Women can be so ungrateful.

Humm! now we know why it's the ex.

Cyborg: part Man, part Machine (the machine gives a hoot!)

sponsored links
Guineh
I've been wisdom free for about 10 years, now.
9,030 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 20, 2009 09:38 as a reply to  @ F4 Cyborg's post |  #2342

Robert16 wrote in post #8305259 (external link)
I know I put this in before but as we're on the man vs. woman thing ...
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Robert16 in
./showthread.php?p=830​5259&i=i262448742
forum: The Lounge

Heh, is that a volume knob I see? Why doesn't it do anything when I turn it?

Gibbo wrote in post #8306229 (external link)
As long as we are still on men vs. women.

Why did the woman cross the road?
Wait, better question, why is she out of the kitchen!?

Don't hate me :)

No longer funny. May have been hilarious in the 50's, but it's not the 50's anymore.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler - Albert Einstein
7D, 40D, Sigma 10-20 EX HSM, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 SP XR Di II, EF 50 F1.8, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Sigma 1.4x TC, Kenko Tubes, Sigma EF-500 DG ST Flash
Flickr (external link) - Blog (external link)

Willie
959 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Jul 20, 2009 09:42 |  #2343

tim wrote in post #8305304 (external link)
I'd use this as my facebook status, but my girlfriend would kill me.

Better a quick death than the slow one she has planned for you.

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 20, 2009 11:41 as a reply to  @ Willie's post |  #2344

Actually, she won't kill him. She'll just make him wish she had killed him!

There are many things far, far worse than death.

pennypue
"I want a red beak"
1,421 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jul 20, 2009 12:02 |  #2345

pennypue wrote in post #8306238 (external link)
LOL,

Why do brides wear white?
Because all the kitchen appliances should match.

This also explains the rise in popularity of stainless steel appliances.
Every woman is out there looking for her knight in shining armor.....to match the other appliances.;)

(OK, so I thought it was funny! Especially since my BF does all the cooking. :))

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders, and says, "Oh ----, she's awake!"

bjordan
977 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 20, 2009 12:29 |  #2346

I found this today - just another reason why I love wikipedia :lol::

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"...this was the destiny of our lives. A long time ago this was our future, looking now for a lost pomegranate at Big Sur." -R. Brautigan

Gibbo
955 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 20, 2009 13:23 |  #2347

Guineh wrote in post #8311359 (external link)
No longer funny. May have been hilarious in the 50's, but it's not the 50's anymore.

Oh lighten up, don't take this thread too seriously.

6D / 5D / RX100 IV / 24L / 50L / 70-200L 2.8 IS

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jul 20, 2009 13:28 |  #2348

Gibbo wrote in post #8312502 (external link)
Oh lighten up, don't take this thread too seriously.

Quite right.

Most all humor makes fun of some person, institution, situation or group. No one should be exempt.

If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. :lol:

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Jul 20, 2009 13:51 |  #2349

Aside from PotN moderators. Did you hear about that poor guy who started posting jokes about the mods. Sounds like he'll never be able to look at an L series lens the same again. I wonder how long it took to extract?

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jul 20, 2009 14:15 |  #2350

C'mon Marcus, get your facts straight. No self respecting POTN Mod would ever do that to an L lens. That was a Phoenix 650-2600mm (external link) :lol:

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

oaktree
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 20, 2009 15:07 as a reply to  @ Skip Souza's post |  #2351

When consistency is not a vice (quoting Alfred E. Neuman): "I'm not prejudice. I hate everyone!"

Too much stuff, not enough shooting time.

Canon T4i (2 lenses), Fuji X100s, Olympus OM-D EM-1 (3 lenses)

Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Jul 20, 2009 16:54 |  #2352

A guy is walking through a quiet Scottish town, and seeing a pub with the most beautifully made and ornate door, decides he should go in for a drink. The barman welcomes him, and asks "did you see our door?" The visitor comments on how much he liked it. "Well you see" says the barman "I made that door, with my own two hands and a months labor. Best door in town, but do they call me Frank the door maker?" The visitor also comments on the bar itself, made of a rich dark wood, and polished mirror smooth. "Ah, you like this bar do you?" says the barman "I made this bar myself out of a single tree trunk, and carved and polished it to the thing of beauty you now see. But do they call me Frank the bar maker? Oh no?" The visitor orders a Guinness and the barman takes his time and makes a perfect pour. "What do you think of that pour?" He asks. "Is that not a perfect Guinness, settled, minimal head, and I even did the little clover leaf thing. But do they call me Frank the barkeeper, or Frank the Guinness pourer? Oh no. I tell you though, you get caught with your pants down behind one goat."

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

F4 ­ Cyborg
952 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 20, 2009 17:12 |  #2353
bannedPermanent ban

That was ba ah ah ah ah dddddd
you oughta feel a bit sheepish after that one.

Cyborg: part Man, part Machine (the machine gives a hoot!)

bjordan
977 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 20, 2009 18:18 |  #2354

Ha! That reminds me of a true story from anthropology class (not a joke per se).

A researcher was struggling with the meaning of one person's name in the language, and his host wouldn't tell him what it meant. Finally, he deduced that it meant something like "He who farted."

He asked his host, who laughed, confirmed the translation and explained the name. In a coucil meeting years before, the guy had cleared out the lodge when he ripped a big wet stinky, so they had called him that ever since.

The researcher asked, "But why is he still called that so many years later? Has he farted in a meeting since then?" The reply was, "Nobody has done it since."

Which was the point. It's more than a nickname, it's a small society sanction against offensive behavior.

"...this was the destiny of our lives. A long time ago this was our future, looking now for a lost pomegranate at Big Sur." -R. Brautigan

ryant35
Goldmember
4,349 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined May 2007

Jul 20, 2009 18:29 |  #2355

Citizensmith wrote in post #8313736 (external link)
A guy is walking through a quiet Scottish town, and seeing a pub with the most beautifully made and ornate door, decides he should go in for a drink. The barman welcomes him, and asks "did you see our door?" The visitor comments on how much he liked it. "Well you see" says the barman "I made that door, with my own two hands and a months labor. Best door in town, but do they call me Frank the door maker?" The visitor also comments on the bar itself, made of a rich dark wood, and polished mirror smooth. "Ah, you like this bar do you?" says the barman "I made this bar myself out of a single tree trunk, and carved and polished it to the thing of beauty you now see. But do they call me Frank the bar maker? Oh no?" The visitor orders a Guinness and the barman takes his time and makes a perfect pour. "What do you think of that pour?" He asks. "Is that not a perfect Guinness, settled, minimal head, and I even did the little clover leaf thing. But do they call me Frank the barkeeper, or Frank the Guinness pourer? Oh no. I tell you though, you get caught with your pants down behind one goat."

It's better with a real Scottish name like Shamus the Goat F***er.

5DMK4, 7DMK2, 24-104mm f/4 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS MK2, 17-40mm f/4, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 35mm f/1.4,1.4X & 2X TC III 580EXII
www.ryantorresphotogra​phy.com (external link)Photography Facebook Fan Page (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,775,805 views & 2,533 likes for this thread
Whats Your Favorite Joke? (Please don't report bad jokes)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.