Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 22 Dec 2006 (Friday) 21:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post Your German Shepherds!

Sledhed
Goldmember
2,510 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jul 21, 2009 19:48 |  #376

Congrats Mike. We got our GSD from a rescue last summer and he was 7 months old.

Chris
Gear List | Website (external link) | Sports Sample Pictures (external link) | Four Seam Images (external link)

If you’re good at something, never do it for free. - The Joker

sponsored links
Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 22, 2009 01:17 |  #377

Ok Mike, we're waiting to see him...

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

Cosha
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 22, 2009 06:46 as a reply to  @ Jon Foster's post |  #378

I hope these pictures count!

I am some what of a new person in photography, so please go easy :oops:

This is Tia, my girlfriends parents sheppy

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i4.photobucket.​com …/y113/Cosha1984​/Tia-W.jpg (external link)

http://i4.photobucket.​com …/y113/Cosha1984​/Tia-H.jpg (external link)

http://i4.photobucket.​com …/y113/Cosha1984​/Tia-C.jpg (external link)

Hope you enjoy

any comments nice or not im open too

few niggles i dont like, but im not skilled enough to get perfect!

Thank-you

Oh...Hello :)

miketoll
52 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 22, 2009 07:39 |  #379

Lovely dog, photos are nice. The third one is the best, really good - nice action with space for him to move into.
Waiting for my wife to get home then we are off to get our lad, about a 7 hour round trip I reckon not counting time at the kennels. Will post pictures soon as I can and I really appreciate all your interest and good wishes.

Cosha
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 22, 2009 07:45 |  #380

Good luck safe trip!

Oh...Hello :)

gibbit1
Goldmember
1,658 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 22, 2009 18:14 as a reply to  @ Cosha's post |  #381

Hee, hee. It's so hard to get a picture of a shepard with their mouths closed, isn't it? In that first one, it looks like his mouth is big enough to fit your head into. Here's one more of my two playing King of the Pool. Or, more correctly, Queen of the Pool, since Dana usually wins. Glad to have you in the forum!

John :D

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Everything will be alright. I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Gear: EOS 5DMKII; EOS 400D (infrared converted); Canon 24-105mm f/4 L; Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX; Canon 70-200mm f/4 L; Canon 135mm f/2.0 L; Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 with EOS adaptor, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8; only enough knowledge to be a clear and present danger to society.
flickr (external link)

Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 22, 2009 22:25 |  #382

Cool.

Many years ago we had a fair sized kiddie pool just for the dogs. One day my wife is watching our female swim around and she realized that the dog was holding her breath and looking around under water (little air bubbles were coming to the surface). Then she would dive down to the bottom and try to tear the liner. Well, she only did that so many times before she got the liner and brought it back to the surface. In pieces. That was the end of that pool! I might have some old snap shots of that someplace...

Jon.

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

miketoll
52 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 24, 2009 11:54 |  #383

Unfortunately when we brought our new rescue boy home we have discovered that he has major problems. He has very weak unstable hips which could be hip dysplasia or an old injury or that awful neurological spinal chord degeneration disease. Our last GSD had that spinal one in her old age and his gait reminds me very much of that. The only one that anything can be done about is the dysplasia which in his case might well be major and expensive surgery with no insurance. I could send him back at this stage but he needs a home some where and not a kennels and he desperately needs love following me everywhere like a shadow. How can I make his life any more miserable? I can't. X rays next Thursday for diagnosis. He is very pretty and as sweet natured as they come. Here is a picture of him.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

morpheus6d9
433 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 24, 2009 12:31 |  #384

he looks like hes at home already :)

50D | 60mm f/2.8 macro |Tokina 12-24 f/4 | Nifty-Fifty | SB-20 | 580 EXII

ChromeThunder
630 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 24, 2009 15:13 |  #385

this thread makes me want a GSD of my own.

Canon 5D Mark II * EF 28mm f/1.8 * Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM * EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS USM * Speedlite 580EX II

kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,507 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2005

Jul 24, 2009 17:40 |  #386

miketoll wrote in post #8336429 (external link)
Unfortunately when we brought our new rescue boy home we have discovered that he has major problems. He has very weak unstable hips which could be hip dysplasia or an old injury or that awful neurological spinal chord degeneration disease. Our last GSD had that spinal one in her old age and his gait reminds me very much of that. The only one that anything can be done about is the dysplasia which in his case might well be major and expensive surgery with no insurance. I could send him back at this stage but he needs a home some where and not a kennels and he desperately needs love following me everywhere like a shadow. How can I make his life any more miserable? I can't. X rays next Thursday for diagnosis. He is very pretty and as sweet natured as they come. Here is a picture of him.

Good for you! How old is he?

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page (external link) - Photo Gallery (external link) - Art Print Gallery (external link) - Writing&Poetry (external link)
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 24, 2009 23:04 |  #387

Mike, he sure looks good in that picture. Don't jump to any conclusions until you find out what's really wrong. You never know, he could make the perfect dog even with some health issues. His condition (whatever it is) could also turn around with the help of a proper diet or possibly just keeping fit etc.

One of our old GSD's was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia. They said he would become violent from the pain and would need to be destroyed. Ya, well that dog lived to be 13 or 14 years old. Maybe 3 or 4 times in his entire life we noticed he was in pain. He was the best, sweetest GSD we ever had (unless somebody tried to get to our kids). An amazing and freakishly huge GSD...

Jon.

Calindy
816 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 24, 2009 23:21 |  #388

miketoll wrote in post #8336429 (external link)

Good for you! We have a friend that has a GSD now 7 yrs old with severe hip dysplagia, you would never know! My doggies are rescues too, they know you rescued them, at least I believe that!

Calindy
Photography is my Prozac!
Canon Digital EOS 7 D, Lenses: EF IS 100-400mm L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM , Tamron 18-270 mm, Canon EF 50 mm F/1:4 USM, Tokina 11-16MM F/2.8 ATX 116 Lens, 430EX Canon Flash, Canon G 10 , Blackrapid R-7 Strap

morpheus6d9
433 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 25, 2009 03:22 |  #389

do you guys think the really huge gsd's have a higher hip dysplagia rate ?

50D | 60mm f/2.8 macro |Tokina 12-24 f/4 | Nifty-Fifty | SB-20 | 580 EXII

gibbit1
Goldmember
1,658 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 25, 2009 06:13 |  #390

Mike:
Don't despair just yet. He probably didn't get enough exercise in the kennel, so his muscles may have atrophied. Even if he does have hip dysplasia, there's an injectable form of glucosamine called Adequan, which can be directly applied to the hips. That plus a regular 500mg glucosamine pill each day can do wonders. My 10-year old female has had dysplasia since she was a puppy, and you'd never know it. She also has arthritis, but with a combination of Rimadyl, glucosamine and mild pain medication she's able to run our puppy to exhaustion. Please let us know how things work out.

"Everything will be alright. I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Gear: EOS 5DMKII; EOS 400D (infrared converted); Canon 24-105mm f/4 L; Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX; Canon 70-200mm f/4 L; Canon 135mm f/2.0 L; Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 with EOS adaptor, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8; only enough knowledge to be a clear and present danger to society.
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

586,712 views & 547 likes for this thread
Post Your German Shepherds!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.