The question has crossed my mind multiple times.
Should I sell my beloved 20D for a 40/50D?
Eventually, I plan on adding a 5D (or 5DII) to my army, but I want a cropped sensor cam to accompany it. I don't necessarily want a backup/main camera duo, but something along the lines of "two tools that do their own thing amazingly". That being said, as much as I love my 20D, I find myself hating images with ISO >400, wanting a better and bigger LCD, sometimes wanting more FPS, and even wanting live view for macros. For the most part, I really like my 20D, but after playing around on some 40's and 50's, I really could see myself taking advantage of the upgrade for skating/moto shots, as well as my personal enjoyment of macros, and clean and noiseless indoor wedding and engagement shots that I do and plan on doing to back up my girlfriend.
If I go ahead with it, I'd more than likely sell my 20D for the purchase, so the cost won't be too bad. I might even wait until the 60D comes out so I can nab a 40/50D for an even better price. There's no rush really.
I'm asking even after researching multiple threads and experiencing the cameras personally. After everything, my mind is still wavering. It's really terrible becasue I'm typically pretty definite in what I want...
Heck, I'm even open to more options other than a 40/50D. I've considered 1D mark II's, 5D's (and purchasing the small sensor camera later), and even a T1I (although I find Rebels very uncomfortable). So any recommendation is greatly appreciated!
So I'm asking, "what would YOU do?"