Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Jul 2007 (Wednesday) 17:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red Ring Tupperware Photography & Tinfoil Talk (15)

this thread is locked
Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,595 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined May 2005

Aug 13, 2009 00:03 |  #2011

AlphaChicken wrote in post #8450444 (external link)
Ohhh thats really darn cool. Are you saying that took 5-6 hours? What is the base thing you did in order to get that wisp/tendril effect?

No sorry that was a bit misleading. The photo was just to add some more color to this page.

That particular photo took me maybe 15 minutes, start to finish. Fractalius, a plugin for PS (and probably other software).

Sevas Tra

sponsored links
AlphaChicken
Knot Hank
3,569 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:06 |  #2012

saravrose wrote in post #8450442 (external link)
I like the original. A little flat but it's nice. Yeah, I'd suggest you step away from the computer. It's hard not to get wrapped up in it.. going further and further until you can't quite remember what it was you were doing. all of the digital possibilities can drive you more than the original composition at times. I'm completely guilty of that myself. Nice to meet you by the way, i'm Sari. Used to be here a lot. However life has pulled me in different directions lately.

Ahhh! Nice to meet you too :) Im real sorry I gave no introduction. I have been to everyone else. Guess getting wrapped up in the editing process has other side effects (such as forgetting manners :p) I decided this thread was legit and chill and fun. So I think I'ma stay a bit. Henry by the way. Alpha, AC, Chicken, Henry. All work. Long as it's not Hank.

I had the worst teacher once when I was little who hated me and knew I did not like to be called other names cause I was shy at the time. So he tormented me by calling me Hank all the time on purpose. So yeahhhh, no Hank. ;-)a

I am Henry. NOT Hank. And certainly not a length of rope tied in a knot. ;)
My family calls me Hen, but you can call me Chicken. See you out there!
|Deviant Art (external link)
|Facebook (external link)|Gear List

poppie ­ guy
I'm Sid. Don't be hatin' my hats.
13,870 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:08 |  #2013

saravrose wrote in post #8450454 (external link)
three hours probably.. back and forth back and forth.. too much? not enough? diffuse yes or no?.. crop yes or no? blah blah blah..

http://i18.photobucket​.com …Africa/CopyofIM​G_5640.jpg (external link)
http://i18.photobucket​.com/albums/b130/sarav​rose/Africa/CopyofIMG_​5640.jpg[/IMG]

Nice photo, crop wise it's excellent!

AlphaChicken
Knot Hank
3,569 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:10 |  #2014

poppie guy wrote in post #8450451 (external link)
I like this better than your first post.

I've got one photo that I've put in hours on, and I'm still not sure what to do with it.:(

Darn...Don't you hate that? I was afraid that when I started the edit on my photo that I would spend a ton of time (knew I was going to do that) and that the path I was going to take would end up un-successful. I hate it when you spend so much time on something and then it doesn't work out.

So what does everyone think? Is that last edit at least successful as an artwork? It is hardly a photo. anymore haha. I guess I would call it a photo-based illustration.

poppie guy wrote in post #8450480 (external link)
Nice photo, crop wise it's excellent!

Agree. Crop is perfect.

Looks a tad dark. But it is very atmospheric and dynamic.

saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"
9,562 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Aug 13, 2009 00:10 |  #2015

AlphaChicken wrote in post #8450471 (external link)
Ahhh! Nice to meet you too :) Im real sorry I gave no introduction. I have been to everyone else. Guess getting wrapped up in the editing process has other side effects (such as forgetting manners :p) I decided this thread was legit and chill and fun. So I think I'ma stay a bit. Henry by the way. Alpha, AC, Chicken, Henry. All work. Long as it's not Hank.

I had the worst teacher once when I was little who hated me and knew I did not like to be called other names cause I was shy at the time. So he tormented me by calling me Hank all the time on purpose. So yeahhhh, no Hank. ;-)a

got it... ;). Well i'm Sari with my family. Sara with friends I met when I was over the age of sixteen. Sari-v to my parents, Sis to well, my siblings. Rose in Sun Valley, Boise and Seattle and Rosy ( my least favorite) in Virginia. :rolleyes:..

Canon 30D BG_E2 Grip Rebel XT BG-E3 battery grip
Canon 50mm f1.8 Tamron 17-50 f2.8
Canon 70-200f4.0L 100-400L aka (Chuck)
a couple of bags and a lot of big ideas
"The shot is in my head before it's in front of my camera...."

poppie ­ guy
13,870 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:16 |  #2016

saravrose wrote in post #8450486 (external link)
got it... ;). Well i'm Sari with my family. Sara with friends I met when I was over the age of sixteen. Sari-v to my parents, Sis to well, my siblings. Rose in Sun Valley, Boise and Seattle and Rosy ( my least favorite) in Virginia. :rolleyes:..

Hi Sari, I'm Mike with my family, Michael with some of my friends. It's a long story, but somehow I've ended up being Sid on potn.

saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"
9,562 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Aug 13, 2009 00:17 |  #2017

poppie guy wrote in post #8450506 (external link)
Hi Sari, I'm Mike with my family, Michael with some of my friends. It's a long story, but somehow I've ended up being Sid on potn.

did the Tf have something to do with it?... :cool:

Canon 30D BG_E2 Grip Rebel XT BG-E3 battery grip
Canon 50mm f1.8 Tamron 17-50 f2.8
Canon 70-200f4.0L 100-400L aka (Chuck)
a couple of bags and a lot of big ideas
"The shot is in my head before it's in front of my camera...."

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,595 posts
Joined May 2005

Aug 13, 2009 00:19 |  #2018

We've met before, a couple years ago. I disappeared from POTN for a while. You may (but probably dont) remember my old name (see my title). ;)

I am just Jaymz.

Sevas Tra

poppie ­ guy
13,870 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:19 |  #2019

Here are two versions of a photo of my grandson that I've spent some time on. His dad told him to give me a mean, scary look. I tried to help it out in Lightroom.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,595 posts
Joined May 2005

Aug 13, 2009 00:21 |  #2020

Love the 2nd one Sid.

Sevas Tra

AlphaChicken
Knot Hank
3,569 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:24 |  #2021

I got yah! :) That is a lot of darn choices. I think I'ma stick with Sara. Easy'nuff. ;-)a

Isn't THIS funny:

When I first read your post, I saw this...

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …n%20Thread/What​-I-saw.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Just from association by proximity and how I saw it, I saw you text-rolling your eyes at me after saying "Got it"

Instead of seeing this...

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …n%20Thread/Inst​ead-of.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Which is how you would read it normally. Weird how the human body perceives things.

You can aslo raed tnhigs taht hvae the mdilde sreclambd up. :)

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,595 posts
Joined May 2005

Aug 13, 2009 00:27 |  #2022

AlphaChicken wrote in post #8450527 (external link)
You can aslo raed tnhigs taht hvae the mdilde sreclambd up. :)

I've had a bit of rum tonight and I thought it was me at first, thinking "Wow.. one drink and already messed up." :lol:

Sevas Tra

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
21,013 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2004

Aug 13, 2009 00:28 |  #2023

Hey its a long time since we heard from you :D

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED

poppie ­ guy
13,870 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:28 |  #2024

saravrose wrote in post #8450508 (external link)
did the Tf have something to do with it?... :cool:

Well, Puddle transformed me into a fish in his cast of characters. Then a couple of people in tpbm started tossing around alternate names for me... Terri/misspix came up with snapper, for the fish. Jim/bearleealive suggested doofus, and for a few minutes I was snapper doofus. Then they added an i and shortened it to Sid. Next, T.D., with his complete lack of taste, started bashing my hats. Shortly thereafter, the TF had stepped in.:rolleyes:

AlphaChicken
Knot Hank
3,569 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 13, 2009 00:30 |  #2025

poppie guy wrote in post #8450542 (external link)
Well, Puddle transformed me into a fish in his cast of characters. Then a couple of people in tpbm started tossing around alternate names for me... Terri/misspix came up with snapper, for the fish. Jim/bearleealive suggested doofus, and for a few minutes I was snapper doofus. Then they added an i and shortened it to Sid. Next, T.D., with his complete lack of taste, started bashing my hats. Shortly thereafter, the TF had stepped in.:rolleyes:

Hey man. I am a serious hat guy too. I love hats. Wear a different one depending on my mood/other clothes. :)

Jaymz wrote in post #8450531 (external link)
I've had a bit of rum tonight and I thought it was me at first, thinking "Wow.. one drink and already messed up."

LOL. Cap'n'Coke?

sponsored links

466,274 views & 0 likes for this thread
Red Ring Tupperware Photography & Tinfoil Talk (15)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.