Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 03 Aug 2008 (Sunday) 19:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any Okies Here?

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 17, 2009 17:39 |  #61

mutau052 wrote in post #7299691 (external link)
would anyone be interested in getting together for a downtown/bricktown oklahoma city shoot-a-paluza. I'm thinking the last of the weekend of the month in march. that would be march 28, 2009. there is no better way to learn than from each other, we could meet at around 3pm and then go to dinner in bricktown afterwards. Email me @ ordan.l.elliott@gmail.​com (external link) and i'll make an email list and send out the final details 1 week prior.

I am on the wall on this. I dont really have much equipment and am really new so I dont know if I can hang with you guys. But then again I might learn from you all... I dont know if I should come. ?

Christa :)
With enough courage, you can do without a reputation. CG

sponsored links
mutau052
535 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 18, 2009 08:42 |  #62

newatthis wrote in post #7347183 (external link)
I am on the wall on this. I dont really have much equipment and am really new so I dont know if I can hang with you guys. But then again I might learn from you all... I dont know if I should come. ?

See our blog, see rules, and yes we want you to come.

Dslrokc.blogspot.com

6D w/ BG-13, 40D w/ BG-E2N, Canon 50mm f/1.8ii, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L USM, Canon 430 EXii

www.thebwlife.com (external link)

http://thebwlife.wordp​ress.com (external link)

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 03, 2009 08:48 |  #63

Hi guys! Need some advice! My sister-in-law is getting married in Tulsa next weekend. My kids are in the wedding and my hubby is walking her down the aisle. SOOO.... we have to come up there a few days early. I was wondering if there were any places to take the family that I can get some good pictures at. If you know of any let me know, please! Thanks!

lefturn99
820 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 03, 2009 09:09 |  #64

newatthis wrote in post #7444970 (external link)
Hi guys! Need some advice! My sister-in-law is getting married in Tulsa next weekend. My kids are in the wedding and my hubby is walking her down the aisle. SOOO.... we have to come up there a few days early. I was wondering if there were any places to take the family that I can get some good pictures at. If you know of any let me know, please! Thanks!

There is a place just north of 1st and Elgin downtown that many photographers use to shoot senior pix. It is a brick loading dock with a nice set of metal stairs. Here (external link) is a shoot I did there.

Disclaimer: This spot is heavily used. Show any Tulsa photog this location and he will say "Oh, gawd, another 1st and Elgin shot". If you aren't from T-Town, it won't matter. There are many other places but that's the only one I can think of offhand.

6D, 5D Mk III, 60D, EOS M, Gear List

pgb2ad54
127 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 21, 2009 06:21 |  #65

Im From Tulsa.

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 22, 2009 14:06 |  #66

Hi all! I was wondering if we were still planning the meet for OKC area this Sat. the 25th?! Thanks!

mutau052
535 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 22, 2009 14:22 |  #67

Yeah the 25th is still on, I have not heard from anyone so if no one replys we'll not have it.

6D w/ BG-13, 40D w/ BG-E2N, Canon 50mm f/1.8ii, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L USM, Canon 430 EXii

mutau052
535 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 22, 2009 14:23 |  #68

Dslrokc.blogspot.com meet up this weekend see the blog for details. It's the arts festival too so we'll prob stop by there.

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 22, 2009 16:08 |  #69

mutau052 wrote in post #7782824 (external link)
Dslrokc.blogspot.com meet up this weekend see the blog for details. It's the arts festival too so we'll prob stop by there.

count me in, but if there are not enough people no biggie. I will keep checking. :)

The ­ Evil ­ One
27 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 24, 2009 18:18 as a reply to  @ newatthis's post |  #70

I am from Oklahoma City and I will be there on April the 25th. Are we still meeting at 3 at the Bass Pro Shop? Love to meet and learn as I am quite new to this!

My Gear:Canon EOS 50D gripped, Canon EOS Rebel XSi gripped, Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6Di LD Macro 1:2 lens, Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens, Canon EF 28-105mm F/4-5.6 USM, Canon EF25 Extension Tube, Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM, Lensbaby Muse with accessory kit, SmartFlash PZ139C Flash Unit, Giottos MM 55 Monopod, Slik 300 tripod

fryefoto
431 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 08, 2009 03:03 |  #71

Howdy fellow Okies! I am from the Grove/Grand Lake area. I belong to the Grand Lake Camera Club. We meet every third Tuesday in the conference rooms of the Integris Grove General Hospital. Come and join us any time you are in the area. Last fall's get together at Lake Keystone sounded like alot of fun. Any chance of a repeat this year?

Candy

Learning more each day how little I know.

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Aug 11, 2009 10:12 |  #72

fryefoto wrote in post #8421439 (external link)
Howdy fellow Okies! I am from the Grove/Grand Lake area. I belong to the Grand Lake Camera Club. We meet every third Tuesday in the conference rooms of the Integris Grove General Hospital. Come and join us any time you are in the area. Last fall's get together at Lake Keystone sounded like alot of fun. Any chance of a repeat this year?

I am at Grand Lake every year for my husbands family reunion. In July. I just missed you. :( Maybe next year!! I would love to skip on their activities to join yours! :lol:

fryefoto
431 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 11, 2009 10:47 |  #73

newatthis wrote in post #8439098 (external link)
I am at Grand Lake every year for my husbands family reunion. In July. I just missed you. :( Maybe next year!! I would love to skip on their activities to join yours! :lol:

Darn it:(! Did you take in the OKC meet last April? How did that go?

Candy

Learning more each day how little I know.

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Aug 11, 2009 12:49 |  #74

fryefoto wrote in post #8439319 (external link)
Darn it:(! Did you take in the OKC meet last April? How did that go?

I sure did, it was small but it allowed me to really get to know a couple of enthusiasts! I havent seen a post for any more meets but I would love to do it again!

drchrisdvm2009
171 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 18, 2009 09:29 as a reply to  @ newatthis's post |  #75

Hey all, I'm brand new to Oklahoma. Just moved here from Oregon about 2 months ago. I'm a veterinarian at the vet school in Stillwater. I'd love to get together and shoot with ya'll. I don't know where anything is in Oklahoma yet. Are there any wildlife preserves? or places to go birding?
Thanks!

Chris

Canon 5DIII, 50D, XSi
Tok 11-16, 16-35L II, 17-40L, 17-55 IS, 24L II TS-E, 35L, 50L, 65 MP-E, 85L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS II, 100-400L, 200L 1.8, 400L 2.8 V1, 500L IS, Sigma 150 Macro, 1.4x III, 2x III TC
600EX-RT, 2x 580 EX II, 2x 430 EX II
FOR SALE - Tokina 11-16, 17-55 2.8 IS, 17-40, 55 1.2 FL mount (EOS converted), 50D

sponsored links

8,302 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any Okies Here?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.