Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 24 Oct 2008 (Friday) 11:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ANY TORONTONIANS?????

_Sim
532 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 16, 2009 11:42 |  #2371

Awesome shot, Rafael!

(My) flickr (external link) & Gear

sponsored links
The ­ Rover
287 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 16, 2009 16:02 |  #2372

I really like that shot, Mstar. You've been busy here, but it sounds like a really good trip, you're having. At least Bell finally came to fix the line, Im still waiting after a year to get reliable internet:p

That's quite the shot Rafael. I really dont know what else to say other than WOW!

Julian

telles75
Goldmember
2,184 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 16, 2009 19:01 |  #2373

RichR wrote in post #8469065 (external link)
damn Raf... that's some wicked post work you did on Larissa. Great stuff. When we shooting together next?

Thanks Rich... Well we got to shoot a few times before it gets cold. That last shoot at Cristina's place went all the way to 10PM, plus you missed the after shoot party :) next time we got to go grab some beers after the shoot :) Looking forward the next shoot

Rafael T.
Nowadays I shoot Nikon, but deep inside I am still a Canon lover... plus Nikonians don't have a cool place to hang like POTN :)
Gear -Model Mayhem -external linkFlickr -external linkWebsiteexternal link

telles75
Goldmember
2,184 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 17, 2009 16:26 |  #2374

The Rover wrote in post #8470160 (external link)
That's quite the shot Rafael. I really dont know what else to say other than WOW!

_Sim wrote in post #8469071 (external link)
Awesome shot, Rafael!

Thanks guys! It was a productive photoshoot, got plenty of great images, the hard part now is selecting which ones to edit... I took the 5D MkII for a test ride, I love the faster AF (compared to my 50D) and the wider angle when using my 24-105.

Rafael T.
Nowadays I shoot Nikon, but deep inside I am still a Canon lover... plus Nikonians don't have a cool place to hang like POTN :)
Gear -Model Mayhem -external linkFlickr -external linkWebsiteexternal link

Ryan.
108 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 21, 2009 21:20 as a reply to  @ telles75's post |  #2375

Great shot telles75.

Hello fellow Torontonians. First time posting in here (I think).

I have a question:
How much you would guys and girls charge someone to use one of your photographs on their business card?

Thanks,
-Ryan.

---- ----- ----

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2006

Aug 22, 2009 16:53 |  #2376

Hi All

Still on my travels. Went to Niagara yesterday and did the touristy boat trip and then I toured some of the wineries in the region. I never knew icewine before. It is really really sweet. I recommend visiting the Inneskillen winery.

Here's a couple of photos. I like seeing the people at the top of the falls, gives a degree of perspective I think.

Mark

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
16-35 F2.8 MKIIL; 10-22mm f3.5-4.5
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash
Various filters, Diagonal Haoda focus screen, Canon 1.4 extender

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 22, 2009 17:02 |  #2377

By the way, did anyone suffer any damage from the recent tornado? I was in the Rogers Centre, watching Baseball- the Bluejays v's Boston, when I heard an incredible swirling noise with thunder above my head. It threatened to stop the game, as it was so loud, but, the storm passed.

I took a photo a little after the storm had passed. Did anyone take any other photos of the twisters?

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash

Ryan.
108 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 22, 2009 23:57 as a reply to  @ Mstar's post |  #2378

Hi Mstar,

Great shot of Niagara, I was just there earlier in the week. But I still haven't uploaded any photos yet:-|.

---- ----- ----

The ­ Rover
287 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 25, 2009 12:11 |  #2379

Ryan. wrote in post #8502073 (external link)
I have a question:
How much you would guys and girls charge someone to use one of your photographs on their business card?

Im not really sure, it would depend on how many business cards, size of shot, etc. You might have better luck in the business of photography section.

That was quite the storm. You got some cool light on your shot Mstar. I didnt get out until later but got some shots of the sunset which was pretty intense.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i24.photobucket​.com …c50/fistmele/IM​G_4818.jpg (external link)

Julian

smcclelland
Goldmember
2,686 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 25, 2009 17:43 |  #2380
bannedPermanently

Anyone heading out to the air show on the 5,6 and 7th? I'm on vacation until September 8th so I'm dusting off the camera gear and itching for some stuff to shoot. May take the 2 hour trek up to the Haliburton Wolf Reserve and see if I can get some good shots.

Shawn | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link)
There used to be Canon gear here but it disappeared.

Perry ­ Ge
Batteries? We don't need no...   . . . or cards.
12,266 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 25, 2009 17:45 |  #2381

Yeah man! I just got back from my summer holiday, and I think the one day off I have from graduate orientation week is on the 5th (I'll double check that), and I am planning to go to the airshow that day.

Perry | www.perryge.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | C&C always welcome | Market Feedback & Gear | Sharpening sticky | Perspective sticky

smcclelland
Goldmember
2,686 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 25, 2009 17:47 |  #2382
bannedPermanently

Nice! Let me know and I'll head over that way and meet up. How's the 50L treating you? I found some old pictures I shot with that lens and damn I miss the sweet DOF it produced. If it wasn't for the 14L, 85L and me chomping at the bit for the 1D4 announcement I'd be looking for another gem ;)

Shawn | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link)
There used to be Canon gear here but it disappeared.

Perry ­ Ge
Batteries? We don't need no...   . . . or cards.
12,266 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 25, 2009 18:01 |  #2383

Will do, I'll send you a message closer to the day of.

I LOVE the 50L. I haven't bought a single thing since I got it, and haven't wanted to. When I go for a walk with the 5D, I just take the 24-105 and 50L and I'm all set.

Perry | www.perryge.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | C&C always welcome | Market Feedback & Gear | Sharpening sticky | Perspective sticky

The ­ Rover
287 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 26, 2009 05:59 |  #2384

Welcome back Perry.

Ive been wanting to go, but might be out of the city that weekend. Anyone do the $1.75 CNE day last Friday? They had some good music with Johnny Winter, but it sue was packed. Anyway Im off to Algonquin for some camping:)

Julian

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 26, 2009 16:02 |  #2385

Ryan. wrote in post #8507129 (external link)
Hi Mstar,

Great shot of Niagara, I was just there earlier in the week. But I still haven't uploaded any photos yet:-|.

Thanks Ryan. Would be nice to see some of your shots of Niagara.

Nice shot Julian. Rich sky! Hope to see some shots also! Are you after anything in particular?

I'm back in the UK now and processing my shots.

Here are a couple . Guess where they were taken?

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 20D, 7D +grip

sponsored links

198,148 views & 0 likes for this thread
ANY TORONTONIANS?????
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.