Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 02 Aug 2009 (Sunday) 20:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Spyder3 Pro 3.1 software update

Kent ­ Clark
359 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 02, 2009 20:35 |  #1

I just downloaded this update to use with my Dell 2408. There is a change in the brightness procedure. Instead of eyeballing the difference between white squares and adjusting brightness accordingly the sensor now makes a reading and creates a horizontal bar graph. You adjust the brightness and remeasure until the bar is in the middle of two bracketed limits.

It works much better than the previous version.

sponsored links
ChasP505
"brain damaged old guy"
5,566 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 10, 2009 18:34 |  #2

Strange that with all the Spyder3 Pro users out there, no one has commented on this major software upgrade. I certainly wasn't aware of it and it negates some of the objections I have to the Spyder3 Pro package.

Chas P
"It doesn't matter how you get there if you don't know where you're going!"https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=10864029#po​st10864029

newb2pro_1day_or_so
Goldmember
1,112 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 29, 2009 09:42 |  #3

ChasP505 wrote in post #8435467 (external link)
Strange that with all the Spyder3 Pro users out there, no one has commented on this major software upgrade. I certainly wasn't aware of it and it negates some of the objections I have to the Spyder3 Pro package.

NEGATES IS QUITE CORRECT. I just installed this bad boy on three computers. It sucks!

Do either of you get a color cast after calibration? Tech support isn't willing to help me and I'm under a strict deadline...computer crashed, Samsung's monitor color profile went corrupt. I'm standing on one leg and Spider3 pro is weighing me down, not picking me up like I was hoping.

Dan, www.dandexterphotograp​hy.com (external link)
Canon 50D, 50 1.8 II, 100mm macro, Tubes, 430ex, 70-200 2.8 IS, 17-55 2.8 IS, MPE-65 & MT-24ex flash.

HankScorpio
Goldmember
2,700 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 29, 2009 10:28 |  #4

ChasP505 wrote in post #8435467 (external link)
Strange that with all the Spyder3 Pro users out there, no one has commented on this major software upgrade.

We did about a month ago.;)

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=731734

My collection of boxes with holes (external link)
EXIF semper intacta.
Gort! Klaatu barada nikto.

Kent ­ Clark
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 29, 2009 12:22 |  #5

I usually check this forum regularly but I missed the original post about the update. New2, when I first adjusted I thought there was a color cast but I think that was just my brain comparing to the old profile. Now it looks normal to me.

ChasP505
"brain damaged old guy"
5,566 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 29, 2009 12:57 |  #6

I saw this thread... but it's talking about the update to the Spyder3 Elite software, not the Pro.

With all the dissatisfied and disgruntled Spyder3 Pro users out there, it would seem like a good opportunity to find a barely used Spyder3 puck for cheap. Then, invest in the ColorEyes Display Pro software and you'll be in calibration heaven (yes... there IS such a place!).

Chas P
"It doesn't matter how you get there if you don't know where you're going!"https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=10864029#po​st10864029

sponsored links

1,519 views & 0 likes for this thread
Spyder3 Pro 3.1 software update
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.