Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Apr 2009 (Thursday) 18:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**

robbug
212 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jul 27, 2009 18:54 |  #91

new update from fstop via email:

It is almost August, so I wanted to give you another update on your order. I just returned from another trip to Asia to check out the product, and it is almost finished. There was an issue with the ICU’s and we are remaking them. The summary is that the foam we picked was not strong enough, so we added an additional 1cm of rigid foam on the outside. That did push the date back a few weeks, but I am sure you will be happier with the end result.

Here is a link to the some preview pictures of the new Satori, with the new XLarge ICU. http://www.fstopgear.c​om …ages/stories/sa​toriproto/ (external link)

Refractive Photos (external link)
Stuff that gets me the exposure
When asked if there were too many people taking pictures today, Elliot Erwitt replied, "All you need is a pencil and a piece of paper to write a novel, don't you?"

sponsored links
Vascilli
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 27, 2009 21:42 |  #92

That looks awesome. I hope it plays well with the small ICU.

Flickr (external link) | Gear List

ChrisGorabPhotography
Goldmember
1,572 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 28, 2009 07:47 |  #93

robbug wrote in post #8353420 (external link)
new update from fstop via email:

It is almost August, so I wanted to give you another update on your order. I just returned from another trip to Asia to check out the product, and it is almost finished. There was an issue with the ICU’s and we are remaking them. The summary is that the foam we picked was not strong enough, so we added an additional 1cm of rigid foam on the outside. That did push the date back a few weeks, but I am sure you will be happier with the end result.

Here is a link to the some preview pictures of the new Satori, with the new XLarge ICU. http://www.fstopgear.c​om …ages/stories/sa​toriproto/ (external link)

That camera compartment looks huge. Are there any good backpacks for overnight trips that have camera storage, but more storage for other stuff? Looks like you could only fit a windbreaker in there after the camera case is inside.

-Chris (also formally known as "imtrashed" if searching feedback thread)
GEAR LIST/FEEDBACK

jcothron
Goldmember
3,793 posts
Gallery: 398 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 28, 2009 07:55 |  #94

imtrashed wrote in post #8356089 (external link)
That camera compartment looks huge. Are there any good backpacks for overnight trips that have camera storage, but more storage for other stuff? Looks like you could only fit a windbreaker in there after the camera case is inside.

That's the largest compartment they have, but they have at least two smaller ones, maybe three. I don't think this pack will replace a true backpack however.. maybe for a one nighter, but not an extended trip.

For extended trips I'd consider using the ICU in my much larger expedition type pack (95L size).

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 30, 2009 16:32 |  #95

Hey Guys, sorry its been a while since I have stopped in here.

To address ICU concerns. You can get the bag with the smaller ICU's. If that is your concern I would recommend the getting the large size with it. It comes standard with the XL. We will also have a M and S.

But don't forget and I am not sure why more people don't do or think of this. but using the ICU as 'shelving' for you non camera gear works wonders. It keeps thing very organized and also makes access to that gear so much easier. I like being able to open my bag and grab what I want and not have to dig through the bag from the top. It is not designed with that in mind but is an added plus.

I have done single night stays with the previous model which was 15% smaller.

Expedition size... let us get this bag out before we tackle that one.

Thanks

As always email me here: ian at fstopgear.com if you have questions.

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 31, 2009 20:42 |  #96

So are we looking at a September release date now? Or still Mid August?

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
http://cincypics.com/G​reg/ (external link)
Canon 50D | XT
28-135 IS | 70-300 | 18-55 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

npc2396
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 14, 2009 14:48 |  #97

Just got an email from F-stop stating September 1st was looking realistic.

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 14, 2009 17:06 |  #98

Not sure my current bag will last until September. I wish F-Stop would give an accurate date.

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
Canon 50D | XT

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 29, 2009 17:29 |  #99

Looks like they sent a new Satori to one of their pro's. Not sure if this means we will all have our bags soon or if it is just one of the prototype models.

http://www.fstopgear.c​om …05-tim-kemples-new-satori (external link)

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 29, 2009 17:40 |  #100

sodalis wrote in post #8545924 (external link)
Looks like they sent a new Satori to one of their pro's. Not sure if this means we will all have our bags soon or if it is just one of the prototype models.

http://www.fstopgear.c​om …05-tim-kemples-new-satori (external link)

I want to see pictures of the other colors!

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
Canon 50D | XT

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 29, 2009 17:49 |  #101

I want to see one in brown.

In a big brown truck that is, outside my front door.

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 30, 2009 11:05 |  #102

No doubt sodalis. It'd be nice to hear another update from F-Stop as to whats going on.

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
Canon 50D | XT

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 30, 2009 21:21 as a reply to  @ highv0lt6ge's post |  #103

Hi folks... as always email me direct if you need info. I don't always have time to read the forums.

The bags should be in our possession any day now. Last shipping update has them in 'In Transit' from our manufacturer.

Regards

Ian

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 05, 2009 21:32 |  #104

Thanks for the update Ian. Hopefully you have them this week! My bag is falling apart.

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
Canon 50D | XT

robbug
212 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 05, 2009 21:49 as a reply to  @ highv0lt6ge's post |  #105

The camelbak I was using today finally let me down. While I was running with the troops on a 5K taking photos on the run, the water proof zipper separated while I was running. My 50 f1.4 decided then was a good time to jump for freedom and meet the concrete. The lens cap flew apart in two pieces and there was my 50 laying there like a broken soldier. :shock:

I picked up the separated lens cap and the lens. Shook the lens. Solid. Swapped out my 70-200 with my 50. Focused and snapped a couple of shots. Everything was working. Glass still perfect LOL.

Some scratches on the front edges and the lens cap is pretty fubar'd. I was lucky and impressed that the sucker lived through that. I was in the middle of a sprint heh.

So Ian - what's the shipping looking like. I will not run with that thing anymore now. Need bag bad - looking at other options currently :(

Rob

Refractive Photos (external link)
Stuff that gets me the exposure
When asked if there were too many people taking pictures today, Elliot Erwitt replied, "All you need is a pencil and a piece of paper to write a novel, don't you?"

sponsored links

48,710 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.