Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 29 Aug 2009 (Saturday) 21:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

So, are there still two DSLR bodies coming Sept 1st?

Skippy29
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 29, 2009 21:27 |  #1

Ok, it's safe to say the 7D is a sure thing now, but what about body #2 that was being talked about 2 weeks ago?

"I'm like a Slinky - not much good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see me tumble down the stairs" -iKirst

sponsored links
wdwpsu
625 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 29, 2009 21:35 |  #2

Skippy29 wrote in post #8546935 (external link)
Ok, it's safe to say the 7D is a sure thing now, but what about body #2 that was being talked about 2 weeks ago?

CR said that there was an XSi equivalent with video added. Not sure why not much more leaked than that.

Wedding and Event Photography ∙ Orlando, Florida ∙ DSWfoto.com (external link)
Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)

McChook
57 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Aug 30, 2009 04:06 |  #3

wdwpsu wrote in post #8546971 (external link)
CR said that there was an XSi equivalent with video added. Not sure why not much more leaked than that.

Because no enthusiast really cares that much about a 2000D, particularly the base dslr in their range...

ShauningtoN
540 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 30, 2009 04:18 |  #4

wdwpsu wrote:

???? correct me if Im wrong but whats the 500D :S

A few bodies and lenses..

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
40,994 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 30, 2009 04:37 |  #5

Wrong about what?

ShauningtoN
540 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 30, 2009 04:44 |  #6

Unless im completely misunderstanding the situation, they said there is another DSLR body coming with the 7D.

wdwpsu says that CR said it was an XSi equivilent with video... the 500D is pretty much an XSi/450D with video... a few extra megapixles and higher ISO, but why would Canon have a 'XSi with video' and a 500D selling side by side?? there isn't really a hole in their lineup that an 'XSi with video' would fill at all :S

Again, i could be completely wrong...

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,265 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 30, 2009 04:53 as a reply to  @ ShauningtoN's post |  #7

It was probably meant to be a 1000D equivalent, but with video. So one level below the 500D, but with video added.
To keep market segmentation, this new model would feature VGA resolution at 38 frames/second. The low resolution would assure that it doesn't cannibalize on the 500D, while the high frame rate would not only give it some asset that's unique in the setup (to make us users want one of all models), but also make sure it's incompatible with all possible standards, be it European or others.
Actually, this is the only camera coming, since the whole idea with the 7D is an elaborate decoy, set up togethter with CIA officers who found this more comfortable than trying to find talibans in Afghanistan.

Sorry, have to go, the alarm clock is ringing... :confused:

Anders

ShauningtoN
540 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 30, 2009 16:17 |  #8

hahahahahaha well a XS equivalent (as opposed to an XSi with video) with VGA video makes a little more sense... Hahaha the second part of your post actually made me laugh and I had to read it about 5 times before i realised what you were saying :P

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,265 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 30, 2009 16:43 as a reply to  @ ShauningtoN's post |  #9

Easy to get a bit tired from reading all wild ideas here! ;)

Anders

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
40,994 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 30, 2009 17:15 |  #10

There are lots of web pages now appearing about the 7D including this one (external link)

Joaaso
555 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Aug 30, 2009 17:18 |  #11

no I think it was correct what wdwpsu said, the rumor was that the 2000D will be a 450D with video.. the 500D though is not a 450D with video, it has inherited stuff from the 50D so it is somewhere between 450D and 50D + video..

aaso-photography (external link) | Flickr (external link)
5D Mk IV | 5D Mk II
EF 24-70/4L | EF 24-105/4L | Samyang 14/2.8 | TS-E 24/3.5L II | EF 35/1.4L II | EF 85/1.8 | EF 135/2L | EF 200/2.8L II | 1,4x TC

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,265 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 30, 2009 17:23 |  #12

Roy Mathers wrote in post #8550957 (external link)
There are lots of web pages now appearing about the 7D including this one (external link)

They seem to be more clueless than most, since they think the megapixel race is over, now when Canon is going to 18 Megapixels on the new camera. They obviously don't know the previous one has 15 Megapixel?

Anders

Qwagmire
57 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 30, 2009 17:41 |  #13

Roy Mathers wrote in post #8550957 (external link)

I dont trust anyone on this since the one gentleman faked a wine bottle pic and a box and now they are being talaked about on websites worldwide as if they were leaked from Canon.

Ill go with general consensus on specs, but I am not getting my hopes up until I see it on release day.

30D, 24-70L, Tamron 28-300 VC

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 30, 2009 21:45 |  #14

Qwagmire wrote in post #8551070 (external link)
I dont trust anyone on this since the one gentleman faked a wine bottle pic and a box and now they are being talaked about on websites worldwide as if they were leaked from Canon.

Ill go with general consensus on specs, but I am not getting my hopes up until I see it on release day.

Yep. The only thing that set this off is one image of a poster. That is it. There is no other evidence. All it takes is the poster to be fake...

Bryan

My Gear List

sponsored links

3,189 views & 0 likes for this thread
So, are there still two DSLR bodies coming Sept 1st?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.