Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 07 May 2008 (Wednesday) 23:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 1D Mk IV Rumour Thread

this thread is locked
GBRandy
Goldmember
1,935 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 01, 2009 10:17 |  #706

Well I have. Four times. Say what you want. Internet hysteria aside, it is not as accurate as my MKIIn. But hey, that's just me.

Turning blue waiting on the MKIV. Was hoping today was it... there is always next year :(

GBRandy
---------------
GearList | Nikon 1977 - 2007 |

sponsored links
justaf ­ IREMAN
Goldmember
1,148 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 01, 2009 11:00 |  #707

GBRandy wrote in post #8561901 (external link)
Well I have. Four times. Say what you want. Internet hysteria aside, it is not as accurate as my MKIIn. But hey, that's just me.

Turning blue waiting on the MKIV. Was hoping today was it... there is always next year :(

I must have gotten a gem then, mine is extremely accurate and trustworthy.
1D4 coming soon to a store near you in 2010........... right around the corner. In the meantime, I might pick me up a 7D and that 100L IS.

current gear...1DIII, X-E1, X-PRO 1, X100, Lumix LX5, Fujinon 35 1.4, 85LII, 430EXII, 430EX....
past canon gear....XS, 7D, 2 5DII, 2 1DIII, , 18-55IS, 24-70L, 85 F1.8, 85LII, 35F2, 35L, 24L, 200 F2L, 580EXII....

mattograph
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 01, 2009 12:49 |  #708

To say that the 1D3 is good is not to say that the N is bad -- quite the contrary. I was in the market for an N, but found a little old lady (actually her husband) that had put 4000 clicks on theirs, and stole it for $2500. Mine was fine before the service, but hey...... free service!

Now, with the passing of the announcements, this thread will probably enter a funk..... sigh......

This space for rent.

oomus
313 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 01, 2009 15:13 as a reply to  @ mattograph's post |  #709

Well, all that, I know someone that knows someone that has a dog whos neighbor bought a camera from a photographer that is in the know......

Now here it is 1 Sept and the unicorn is not any closer to being a reality.

Someone call the medics..im no longer blue Im turning purple now and I think I'm going to black out! :eyes:eyes:eyes:eyes

Scott G.
WWW.AzClockStoppers.co​m (external link)
The Gear List

dolina
Goldmember
4,876 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Sep 01, 2009 16:53 |  #710

The 7d coming out is good. More money for the TSE 17L :)

Visit my Flickr (external link), Facebook (external link) & 500px (external link) and see my photos. :)

blackshadow
Mr T. from the A team
5,732 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 02, 2009 03:54 |  #711

GBRandy wrote in post #8561901 (external link)

I had a 1D M2N for 12 months and then bought the 1DM3 in January last year and have found the AF to be stunning. It does take a bit of tweaking and experimenting to get the best out of it but it hasn't let me down. That said, I'm sure that some of the 1DM3s have been problematic with AF in certain conditions.

I'm definitely keen to see the 1DMIV but I'm hardly turning blue while waiting - I'll be out there shooting with the 1DM3 and 5D.

Black Shadow Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link) Flickr (external link) Twitter (external link)
Gear List Myspace (external link)

michael_
Goldmember
3,450 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 02, 2009 07:26 |  #712

im turning blue, i need the IV to come out soon so i can finally retire the two MarkIII's i have which have probably close to 500k actuations each, so want the new bodies so i can make the MarkIIIs remotes.

ichael ... (external link)
vettas media (external link) (me) | myGear (all my equipment) | sportshooter (external link) (my sportsshooter member page)

Tigershark
904 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 02, 2009 07:35 as a reply to  @ post 8561446 |  #713

Mine is the best camera I have owned, since the latest fix it is performing great.

Qwagmire
57 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 02, 2009 21:39 |  #714

If the 7D was 1.3 I would get one, but instead Im going to wait a little longer and see what the 1D4 brings us. If its too much, Ill get a 1D3, but I think Ill be leaning toward the MK4.

Been waiting a year to ge a camera again, might as well wait another month or three and see whas coming out.

30D, 24-70L, Tamron 28-300 VC

Photon ­ Phil
Goldmember
1,763 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 02, 2009 22:11 |  #715

John_TX wrote in post #8531307 (external link)
It's time to pull out the Mason jars and can this thread as it ain't happening this year folks! See ya'll in 2010! :lol:

And here's the sound track to that jar. http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=KsNWlM3fWmI (external link) Listen to at least 26 seconds, it's worth it.

Bodies: SONY A850 / Pentax K100D / D70 (18-55VR, 55-200)
Primes: Minolta 28 ff2.8 / Minolta 50 f1.7 / Minolta 50 f2.8 Macro
Zooms: 35-70 f4 / 100-200 f4.5 Lights: AB800 / AB400 & CSRB's
Classics:
Pentax Super Tak 50 f1.4 / Pentax SMC 50 f1.4,f1.7,f2.0

zaathrus
Pole Dancin' Hamster
914 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 03, 2009 12:24 |  #716

Pre release 1DV spotted! Limited information extracted from the beta-tester, but even that little information is enough to say that this is going to be awesome!

Speculation that the number IV is going to be skipped over is right on the money! The 1DV marks such a leap forwards from the current 1DIII that such is to be expected.

The specs that were revealed are:
Dual Digic V
Full Frame with 1.3x and 1.6x crop selectivity
Slight increase from 21.1mp to ~36.2mp
10 fps
Full HD video (with separate video & audio output for monitoring)
Fully customisable function buttons.
Pellicile mirror

That's all the specific information that the source would reveal - but we are assured that this camera is truly ground-breaking and well worth the wait. The features found on the new 7D are but a mere foreshadowing of what is to come!

Some additional functionality has been hinted at. The LCD display will be touch sensitive (touch sensitivity can be reduced on the fly) so once the locations of the soft buttons are memorised, custom functions can be selected easily with your nose! Focus can be prioritised to different areas of the anatomy by simply using the touch screen to select areas on a representative diagram - no more OOF eyes or feet! Due to the touch screen and advanced accelerometer, many favourite arcade games will be included. There was no comment on whether Pong would be available.

*Addendum. There will only be a fully manual mode or a bulb mode, as professional photographers will use nothing else. A separate grip will be made available with built in GPS unit, pocketwizard OCF triggering, WiFi (enabling VoIP feature!)

**Another beta model of this camera has been spotted, using Foveon sensor technology instead of the traditional Bayer filter sensor. It is rumoured that this will appear in the forthcoming 3D which will have many of the features of the 1DV.

***Please don't hurt me!:p;):D

Joined the cult of the HAMSTTR :cool:
Flickr (external link)
Our Zenfolio (external link)

GCGuy
579 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 03, 2009 17:37 |  #717

So Digic V is a speed demon then to process 360 or so megapixels of data/second. Wow, and I thought the 7D's 140ish was good! And can't wait to be able to play Super Mario on it while I wait for the bride to get ready for her shots!! ;)

zaathrus wrote in post #8576967 (external link)
Pre release 1DV spotted! Limited information extracted from the beta-tester, but even that little information is enough to say that this is going to be awesome!

Speculation that the number IV is going to be skipped over is right on the money! The 1DV marks such a leap forwards from the current 1DIII that such is to be expected.

The specs that were revealed are:
Dual Digic V
Full Frame with 1.3x and 1.6x crop selectivity
Slight increase from 21.1mp to ~36.2mp
10 fps
Full HD video (with separate video & audio output for monitoring)
Fully customisable function buttons.
Pellicile mirror

That's all the specific information that the source would reveal - but we are assured that this camera is truly ground-breaking and well worth the wait. The features found on the new 7D are but a mere foreshadowing of what is to come!

Some additional functionality has been hinted at. The LCD display will be touch sensitive (touch sensitivity can be reduced on the fly) so once the locations of the soft buttons are memorised, custom functions can be selected easily with your nose! Focus can be prioritised to different areas of the anatomy by simply using the touch screen to select areas on a representative diagram - no more OOF eyes or feet! Due to the touch screen and advanced accelerometer, many favourite arcade games will be included. There was no comment on whether Pong would be available.

*Addendum. There will only be a fully manual mode or a bulb mode, as professional photographers will use nothing else. A separate grip will be made available with built in GPS unit, pocketwizard OCF triggering, WiFi (enabling VoIP feature!)

**Another beta model of this camera has been spotted, using Foveon sensor technology instead of the traditional Bayer filter sensor. It is rumoured that this will appear in the forthcoming 3D which will have many of the features of the 1DV.

***Please don't hurt me!:p;):D

Just a guy with a few photography goodies that challenge me anew every day! ;)
PjsPix.com (external link) * Gear List

McChook
57 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 03, 2009 18:16 |  #718

I haven't seen this posted on Canonrumours yet...
Mario on 1d5, awesomeness!!

Qwagmire
57 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 03, 2009 20:50 |  #719

GCGuy wrote in post #8578789 (external link)
So Digic V is a speed demon then to process 360 or so megapixels of data/second. Wow, and I thought the 7D's 140ish was good! And can't wait to be able to play Super Mario on it while I wait for the bride to get ready for her shots!! ;)

Can we get the Mario Kart option? I think the joystick would work well with that.

30D, 24-70L, Tamron 28-300 VC

zaathrus
Pole Dancin' Hamster
914 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 04, 2009 11:42 |  #720

McChook wrote in post #8578967 (external link)
I haven't seen this posted on Canonrumours yet...
Mario on 1d5, awesomeness!!

lol, the way to do that is to start a new thread and remove the obvious stuff that'd mark it as fake straight away. But there's no way I'm doing that!

Joined the cult of the HAMSTTR :cool:
Flickr (external link)
Our Zenfolio (external link)

sponsored links

222,090 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 1D Mk IV Rumour Thread
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.