Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 28 Jul 2006 (Friday) 11:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post the most ridiculous comments you've received with a big lens on!

this thread is locked
WMS
"Escargot on the Hoof"
2,886 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 03, 2009 20:42 |  #7291

Unfortunately like most of the trinkets I have made they are now in the possession of the client, I make them, then the store sells them.....

This particular ring has a channel set pattern of two rubies (And these rubies were on the purplish side) and one diamond, however you are correct in that at 50 by 59 pixels they don't show up at all well, perhaps someday someone will commission another ......

Wayne

I'm just a simple maker of love charms and tokens,who occasionally takes a picture or two.
Gear list: more toys than I need, Fewer than I want.

sponsored links
tahant
94 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 08, 2009 21:23 |  #7292

Well I thought I had heard everything,but I just got a comment that made me so angry!!!! On Sunday I was out taking photos with my Boyfriend.I was carrying My 50D with a Canon 28-300 Lens attached. We were at a Japanese garden of all places. As we walked past this couple the WOMAN said to me " Does he let you take pictures too, or does he just make you carry the equipment." I said through clenched teeth. THIS IS MINE. and we kept walking. It took me about an hour to calm down. Can you believe in this day and time, that I would get such a sexiest remark. From a woman to boot!!

Theresa

izthistaken
Cream of the Crop
6,857 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 08, 2009 21:26 |  #7293

Wow, that was pretty brave of her.

Matt
flickr  (external link)
5DMKII | 16-35L |24-70L| 70-200L 2.8 II | Canon 50mm 1.8|35mm F2|580ex x2|Lumopro LP160|Nikon SB24|Cybersyncs x3

ryant35
Goldmember
4,389 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined May 2007

Sep 08, 2009 21:33 |  #7294

tahant wrote in post #8608676 (external link)
Well I thought I had heard everything,but I just got a comment that made me so angry!!!! On Sunday I was out taking photos with my Boyfriend.I was carrying My 50D with a Canon 28-300 Lens attached. We were at a Japanese garden of all places. As we walked past this couple the WOMAN said to me " Does he let you take pictures too, or does he just make you carry the equipment." I said through clenched teeth. THIS IS MINE. and we kept walking. It took me about an hour to calm down. Can you believe in this day and time, that I would get such a sexiest remark. From a woman to boot!!

They let you use a camera that big? :lol::lol::lol: sorry I couldn't help it.:o

5DMK4, 7DMK2, 24-104mm f/4 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS MK2, 17-40mm f/4, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 35mm f/1.4,1.4X & 2X TC III 580EXII
www.ryantorresphotogra​phy.com (external link)Photography Facebook Fan Page (external link)
flickr (external link)

Goincarcrazy
Goldmember
2,961 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 08, 2009 22:29 |  #7295

izthistaken wrote in post #8608690 (external link)
Wow, that was pretty brave of her.

These days, I fear it was just a matter of sheer stupidity...

More Photos:Flickr (external link)

Canon 5D Mark II - Canon 50D - 24-70mm L f/2.8 - 100-400mm L IS f/4.5-5.6 - 50mm f/1.4 - MP-E 65mm Macro - 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro - 600mm L f/4 IS - 1.4x Teleconverter - Kenko Extension Tubes - Speedlight 430EX - MT-24EX Twin-Lite

tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 08, 2009 22:30 |  #7296

"I don't touch his equipment" might've been a better reply ;)

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

New ­ Hobby
623 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 08, 2009 22:33 |  #7297

Not right but I suspect you where getting a view in to her world. Glad I don't live there.

Feel free to visit my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/​photos/newhobby/ (external link)

tahant
94 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 08, 2009 22:55 |  #7298

New Hobby wrote in post #8609052 (external link)
Not right but I suspect you where getting a view in to her world. Glad I don't live there.

WOW I never thought of that. You may be right. I was so mad at her. Now you made me feel sorry for her.

Theresa

mbellot
"My dog ate my title"
3,362 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Sep 08, 2009 23:03 |  #7299

ryant35 wrote in post #8608731 (external link)
They let you use a camera that big? :lol::lol::lol: sorry I couldn't help it.:o

Eh. The 50D isn't that big.

But the lens... Whoa!

:lol:

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 09, 2009 02:01 |  #7300

Had something similar two years ago. We were walking into the visitor centre of a large nature reserve having walked around for a few miles. Didi was carrying her 1D MkIII with the 500L attached and I was carrying her tripod. As we walked in one guy says "Ah, you've got her carrying your camera, eh!". At least he had the grace to look totally embarrased when I replied "No, she's got me carrying her tripod".

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

kito109654
139 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 09, 2009 04:28 |  #7301

Try not to jump to conclusions so quickly. I'd wager it wasn't sexist at all; she probably just has no interest in photography and sees it as a guy thing. Maybe her father and brothers were big into photography...we can't always know someone's background. :)

-Brandon

James ­ P
Goldmember
1,910 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 09, 2009 05:24 |  #7302

kito109654 wrote in post #8610272 (external link)
. I'd wager it wasn't racist at all :)

I believe the term you're looking for is sexist.

1Dx - 5DIII - 40D - Canon 24-70LII, 100L macro, 135L, 16-35L, 70-200 f4 and 100-400L lenses

- "Very good" is the enemy of "great." Sometimes we confuse the two.

Geoff_Shawcross
"Nuttier than a squirrel terd"
5,127 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 09, 2009 05:53 |  #7303

I'd have to say that a comment like that would probably rub me the wrong way too if I were in your shoes.

Geoff | SmugMug (external link) | Gear List | BUY & SELL FORUM FEEDBACK

"I bring you to a paradise planet two billion light years from earth and you want to update Twitter?" --The Doctor from 'Doctor Who'

neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 09, 2009 06:47 |  #7304

Whether the comment was racist, sexist or otherwise, it was still a pretty stupid thing to say!

A lot of women have big equipment (cameras i mean! :p )

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

tahant
94 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 09, 2009 07:04 as a reply to  @ kito109654's post |  #7305

I just noticed I spelled sexist wrong. sorry. I was typing so fast. Thank you everyone :) for all your support.

Theresa

sponsored links

1,808,255 views & 0 likes for this thread
Post the most ridiculous comments you've received with a big lens on!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.