Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 08 Sep 2009 (Tuesday) 13:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2 From a Recent Session (1 Year Old)

whiskaz
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 08, 2009 13:12 |  #1

He wasn't a happy little guy for most of it but... very expressive when he was crying/pouting!

He's either just upset or making a political statement in this one:

IMAGE: http://blinkphotography.net/images/staging/c02_1.jpg

Gave him a sucker a bit later and all was well... (eventually he got cake too):

IMAGE: http://blinkphotography.net/images/staging/c01_1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Jeremy | Gear List | EyeDigress - A Photoblog (external link) | blinkphotography.net (external link)

"This aggression will not stand, man."

sponsored links
Fenster
500 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 08, 2009 14:39 |  #2

#1 would make a fantastic book cover!

Misadventures at 720nm (external link)

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 08, 2009 16:30 |  #3

I like them both! His expressions are wonderful!

Ryan McGill
My Gearhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=592450

swimchic
Goldmember
1,378 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 08, 2009 20:19 as a reply to  @ Rhinotherunt's post |  #4

Both of these are awesome!!
Just a word of warning of what is to follow though, I had done a photo with a flag before, and had the book thrown at me, get ready to defend it! (not from me - I love it!)

-Jeni
My Website (external link) - My Blog (external link) - Flickr (external link)
5D Mark II - 24-70 - 100 Macro - 580 EX II - 430 - Radio Poppers - CS4

oldvultureface
Goldmember
4,279 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 08, 2009 20:27 |  #5

whiskaz wrote in post #8605974 (external link)
... making a political statement in this one ...

Amen.
*runs for cover from mods* (adorable pics):)

yeow_Z
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 08, 2009 23:55 |  #6

both awesome! no.1 is my fave. feel like you want to express something.

Flickr (external link)
webpage (external link)

whiskaz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 09, 2009 05:59 |  #7

oldvultureface wrote in post #8608396 (external link)
Amen.
*runs for cover from mods* (adorable pics):)

lol... I was only making a joke, but it certainly works either way...

Swimchic - what the heck did you have to defend exactly??

I love the look, some of what it stands for - mostly it was an underused prop around the 4th of July and this kiddo was a little late in getting his 1 years taken - he was born July 1st :)

Jeremy | Gear List | EyeDigress - A Photoblog (external link) | blinkphotography.net (external link)

ClickHappy
308 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 09, 2009 07:26 |  #8

The second one is really good.

I think Swimchic found (and was warning you) that a lot of people don't like to see the US flag used as a prop, myself included. As an Eagle scout, I cringe whenever I see a flag improperly displayed, and rule #1 of flag handling is never let it touch the ground. I'm glad to hear it's an underused prop. :)

I think the picture is great, but the use of the flag in this manner ruins it for me.

- Chris | Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

LucyD2008
64 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 09, 2009 11:03 |  #9

I think it's great! Love the first one, his face is priceless.!!

kayl
433 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 09, 2009 11:18 as a reply to  @ LucyD2008's post |  #10

#2 is an awesome shot!

Rocking the R6 and (mostly) the 24-105 f4 L, 50mm f1.8 STM, and EF 135mm f2 L along with a few others.
All of my Gear
Buy/Sell Feedback

swimchic
Goldmember
1,378 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 09, 2009 12:25 |  #11

whiskaz wrote in post #8610478 (external link)
Swimchic - what the heck did you have to defend exactly??

Here's the thread, I'll let you read through it if you want ... I removed the flag image, so you can't see it, but you can still see how I got the book thrown at me lol

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=654566

Actually, here's the image on my website :) (external link)

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, or take away from your images at all! They are great - I added you on flickr too - I love your work :)

-Jeni
My Website (external link) - My Blog (external link) - Flickr (external link)
5D Mark II - 24-70 - 100 Macro - 580 EX II - 430 - Radio Poppers - CS4

whiskaz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 09, 2009 13:40 |  #12

bnkrazy wrote in post #8610769 (external link)
The second one is really good.

I think Swimchic found (and was warning you) that a lot of people don't like to see the US flag used as a prop, myself included. As an Eagle scout, I cringe whenever I see a flag improperly displayed, and rule #1 of flag handling is never let it touch the ground. I'm glad to hear it's an underused prop. :)

I think the picture is great, but the use of the flag in this manner ruins it for me.

I can respect that and can honestly say that it DID cross my mind. I just didn't see it as all that inappropriate. Would it make a difference if it were not allowed to touch the ground - like say, if the child were on a beanbag or something else? I still don't think it follows the rules of "proper" handling but... I dunno. I really like how it renders in an image :confused:

whiskaz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 09, 2009 13:45 |  #13

swimchic wrote in post #8612593 (external link)
Here's the thread, I'll let you read through it if you want ... I removed the flag image, so you can't see it, but you can still see how I got the book thrown at me lol

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=654566

Actually, here's the image on my website :) (external link)

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, or take away from your images at all! They are great - I added you on flickr too - I love your work :)

Well, the context in which you used it was certainly appropriate imo... I don't think you were doing anything offensive there at all - especially considering the father was in the Air Force. Oh well :)

ClickHappy
308 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 09, 2009 14:40 |  #14

I can appreciate a patriotic photo. I've also seen far, far worse uses where there was disrespect intended. This is obviously not the case here, and I don't think it's a bad image. I just have been conditioned for several decades to go out of the way to follow the flag code to the letter. According to the code, the 'ground' includes anything under the flag, so the beanbag idea wouldn't be much help for those that would bother to mention it in the first place. :)

I may try a few shots now that I've thought about it and see if I can come up with ways to incorporate a flag while adhering to the code. Should make for an interesting shoot. Thanks for the idea!

- Chris | Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

RachelC1184
228 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 18, 2009 17:22 |  #15

I think your photo is great using the flag! I often use it myself, in the same manner that Swimchic did. My husband serves in the US Air Force thus we live on a military installation and of the clients here the majority of them want the flag and the service members dog tags incorporated into photos. I don't find any disrespect in it as I feel that it is a way to show our love for this land by taking our young babies and proudly displaying the flag with them as if to say this is our land and these are our babies, our future! It goes hand in hand! Keep up the great work, the photos are beautiful!

sponsored links

3,089 views & 0 likes for this thread
2 From a Recent Session (1 Year Old)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.