Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 11 Sep 2009 (Friday) 18:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom 2.4 import problem

psxindo
419 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 11, 2009 18:04 |  #1

Hi,

I have the preference "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected" checked off.
But, everytime I reboot the my laptop, and I connect something to the usb (external hd, memory cards, flash drive), Lightroom would start and the import dialog would show up.

I check the preference and the "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected" was checked on by itself. When I checked it off and connect something to the usb port, it would be fine. Lightroom did not start.

Only after I turn on the laptop or a reboot, the option would be checked on again.

How do I disabled "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected" forever?

Thanks

5D mkIII | 5D mkII | 6D | EOS M | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS mkII | EF-M 22 | 50 1.4 | 85L | 100 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | 2x 580 ex II | 580 ex | 2x sunpak 383 | 134GB CF |
Wishlist | 14L | 24L | 35L | 50L | 100L macro | 135L | 15 2.8 FE | 17L 4 TS | 45 2.8 TS | 90 2.8 TS |

sponsored links
basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 11, 2009 18:19 |  #2

Uncheck it, restart, then check again. Sometimes LR2 has caching issues that prevent it from changing settings properly. Not opening LR2 after changing the setting should work, if not you'll need to reset the preferences file.

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

psxindo
THREAD ­ STARTER
419 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 11, 2009 18:34 |  #3

I tried to uncheck it. restart lightroom, the box is back to be check.
tried this many times, i would uncheck and restart, but when i check the preference, it's always checked.

This happen after I have to re install LR2 from a clean windows install.
It wasn't like this before.

5D mkIII | 5D mkII | 6D | EOS M | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS mkII | EF-M 22 | 50 1.4 | 85L | 100 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | 2x 580 ex II | 580 ex | 2x sunpak 383 | 134GB CF |
Wishlist | 14L | 24L | 35L | 50L | 100L macro | 135L | 15 2.8 FE | 17L 4 TS | 45 2.8 TS | 90 2.8 TS |

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 11, 2009 19:23 |  #4

There have been many reports of this problem in several Lightroom forums. It seems to be a bug of some sort and as far as I know no one has come up with a fix for it.

What version of Windows are you running?

Gear List

basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 11, 2009 19:31 |  #5

psxindo wrote in post #8627664 (external link)
I tried to uncheck it. restart lightroom, the box is back to be check.
tried this many times, i would uncheck and restart, but when i check the preference, it's always checked.

This happen after I have to re install LR2 from a clean windows install.
It wasn't like this before.

By restart I meant restart your computer. If that doesn't work then you need to get rid of the preference file (properly, a few threads about this are on this forum, a quick search should help).

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

BluewookieJim
Goldmember
1,095 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 13, 2009 12:03 |  #6

Why are you still putting the "caching" excuse out there. This is clearly a known LR 2.4 bug... see the relevant links in a recent thread titled LR 2.4 annoyance...

My Gear and Stuff :: My Zenfolio Gallery (external link) :: My Flickr (external link) :: http://photos.kodanja.​net (external link)

basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 13, 2009 18:27 |  #7

BluewookieJim wrote in post #8636377 (external link)
Why are you still putting the "caching" excuse out there. This is clearly a known LR 2.4 bug... see the relevant links in a recent thread titled LR 2.4 annoyance...

First, never said it wasn't LR2.4 at fault, rather trying to help OP by giving him some suggestions on workarounds that have worked in the past for me. If you want to be helpful, go on and give OP a link to a SOLUTION. If not, stop trolling, it's annoying. Though it's not technically a caching issue, that's the best way to describe it to someone with an average technical knowledge of computing.

Another thing OP can try is disabling UAC (requires restart) to turn off the setting, restart the computer, and see if it works. If it works and the setting stays off, reenable UAC.

EDIT: I've seen that before, all four pages of useless banter. And then three posts that agree with everything I've mentioned.

Gear List

BluewookieJim
Goldmember
1,095 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 13, 2009 20:22 |  #8

Trolling, huh? Don't flatter yourself...

Here are the links, post this week...
https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=8600160&po​stcount=21

My Gear and Stuff :: My Zenfolio Gallery (external link) :: My Flickr (external link) :: http://photos.kodanja.​net (external link)

sponsored links

1,372 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 2.4 import problem
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.