Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Apr 2009 (Thursday) 18:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 08, 2009 10:28 as a reply to  @ post 8591320 |  #106

Hi, the Tilopa is sitting in customs and has been for most of last week.

The Satori should also arrive on US soil fairly soon...

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

sponsored links
highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 08, 2009 18:15 |  #107

Hey thanks for the update Ian. Any idea on how much longer they'll be in customs? I'm leaving for a trip in 2 weeks and would love to have it.

Anxiously awaiting...

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
http://cincypics.com/G​reg/ (external link)
Canon 50D | XT
28-135 IS | 70-300 | 18-55 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

npc2396
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 11, 2009 07:43 as a reply to  @ highv0lt6ge's post |  #108

Just got an email stating my Tilopa has shipped. Looking forward to it.

mhthomps
227 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 11, 2009 14:14 |  #109

npc2396 wrote in post #8624201 (external link)

dude - don't waste any time posting pictures of it! I want to see that sucker.

MTJR Photos (external link)
Project 365 Blog (external link)
5DMii | 6D
24-70 2.8L | 70-200 2.8L II IS
Extended Gear List

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 11, 2009 16:11 |  #110

mhthomps wrote in post #8626314 (external link)
dude - don't waste any time posting pictures of it! I want to see that sucker.

Yes! Me too. I need to decide what color I want.

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
Canon 50D | XT

hearingman
87 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 11, 2009 16:42 |  #111

Thank god I didn't wait around for this one. I would have missed out on an entire summer packing my gear around.

7D, XSI, 70-200 2.8L, 100-400L, 17-55 2.8IS, 100mm 2.8 macro, 430 EX, Manfrotto tri and pod

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 11, 2009 17:33 |  #112

hearingman wrote in post #8627110 (external link)
Thank god I didn't wait around for this one. I would have missed out on an entire summer packing my gear around.

What did you get instead?

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
Canon 50D | XT

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 11, 2009 21:49 |  #113

npc2396 wrote in post #8624201 (external link)

That's good to hear, hope to see the same email soon myself then. It's a little disappointing that they apparently aren't filling orders in the same order that they were placed though. :confused: I would have thought they would put priority on the people that have been waiting the longest, but I guess not.

I say that as someone who didn't put a pre-order in until May, and I fully expected that the people who ordered in the three months before me would have been taken care of first. I'm sure someone that ordered in February will be thrilled that an end of June order got sent out while they are still waiting, not to mention that it is Friday so chances are nothing else will ship until Monday. :rolleyes: And to be clear, that's not a slight against you at all npc2396, I'm happy you will have your bag soon.

I'm still excited about the bag and looking forward to receiving mine soon, I hope that it is so awesome that it restores some of my enthusiasm for the company behind the bag as well.

corosario
173 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 11, 2009 22:24 |  #114

I e-mailed Ian a couple of times with questions about my order and he explained that the black bags will be the first to ship and the other colors will follow after that. Basically they will fulfill and ship the bags based on availability of colors. My pre-order was for a black bag, so it should have been among the "first" group of bags to be shipped, but changed my order for the red bag with the understanding that the bags will take a little bit more time to ship since the red bags are still en route from Asia.

Carlos
My Portfolio (external link) :: Sportsduo.com (external link) :: My Blog (external link) :: Flickr (external link) :: Smugmug Referral:
3ZDwrTgBhas9U

My Gear

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 11, 2009 22:39 |  #115

corosario wrote in post #8628680 (external link)
I e-mailed Ian a couple of times with questions about my order and he explained that the black bags will be the first to ship and the other colors will follow after that. Basically they will fulfill and ship the bags based on availability of colors. My pre-order was for a black bag, so it should have been among the "first" group of bags to be shipped, but changed my order for the red bag with the understanding that the bags will take a little bit more time to ship since the red bags are still en route from Asia.

Good to know, would have been nice though if he had said "the black Tilopas are sitting in customs". Back to waiting.

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 13, 2009 15:41 as a reply to  @ sodalis's post |  #116

Hello again... good news is the Black Tilopa's have started to ship.

In regards to the above concerns...

Bags are going out in the order they were placed.

But, we are contacting everyone who placed a pre-order before we ship the order out. We are basically confirming shipping addresses and payment info.

So if we don't make contact with the person there product will not ship until we do. Many of the orders have outdated address or credit card info.

The system isn't perfect and neither is the situation but we are doing what we can to keep things flowing.

In regards to colors, black Tilopa's were finished first (as they are the most popular of the pre-orders) the rest should arrive next week.

It is my own fault for not mentioning the Tilopa's were 'black' that were in customs in my previous post. My apologies.

If you have a concern with your order please email me directly and include your order number at ian@fstopgear.com (external link)

You'll get the info you need in a timely matter.

Regards

Ian

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 13, 2009 18:54 |  #117

Does anyone know if this thing will fit under an airplane seat? I will probably order one regardless but I am just curious.

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III
24-105L, 16-35L II, 70-300L, 8-15L Fisheye, 50mm 1.4

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 13, 2009 22:17 |  #118

barrett14 wrote in post #8638209 (external link)
Does anyone know if this thing will fit under an airplane seat? I will probably order one regardless but I am just curious.

Ian may be able to answer better, but the dimensions for the Tilopa appear to be similar to my current bag, just two inches taller. My current bag fits fine.

Eric
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 14, 2009 07:20 |  #119

I believe its mentioned somewhere in this thread, Ian states that It does fit either under or in the overhead compartments... This is not a quote just from memory

Eric Darlington Photography (external link)
flickr (external link) / [URL="[URL]http://eric​darlington.500px.com/"​]500px / [URL="[URL]http://www.​facebook.com/EricDarli​ngtonPhotography"]Face​book
[URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=8612297&postcou​nt=1945"]Tools

barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 14, 2009 08:14 as a reply to  @ Eric's post |  #120

I can't wait to see this bag. I really wanted a white one but Ian said the new one is only offered in black, green, and red. As soon as someone posts a picture of a black one I will probably order one. Is it possible to order last years model in white?

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III
24-105L, 16-35L II, 70-300L, 8-15L Fisheye, 50mm 1.4

sponsored links

48,689 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.