Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Sep 2009 (Sunday) 21:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D body already back ordered on BH?

e02937
Goldmember
2,714 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 13, 2009 21:20 |  #1

Don't get this, it said new coming soon for a while, now it already says back ordered.

Was anyone able to get an order in?

Canon 7d
[15-85 IS] [70-200
f/4L IS] [I'm a PC]
[Full gear list and feedback]

sponsored links
rdcamero
179 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 13, 2009 21:33 |  #2

Got a back ordered email from Adorama today.I am not sure if it just means they are not ready to ship yet or if they have reached their allocation.

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,205 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 13, 2009 21:49 |  #3

Or that shipments have already come in and been sent to the first guys on the list and all received bodies are gone and they are waiting for the next shipment.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

keith615
31 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 13, 2009 22:05 |  #4

I thought I read somewhere that the 7Ds would not be hitting the streets until mid-October. Maybe the back ordered status is just the next step going from, "Announced by Canon, but we at BH have no idea when they will be delivered" to "Ok, we can order them now from Canon"

Keith
my flickr (external link)
Canon 7D, Canon 30D, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 30, Tamron 17-50, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 28-135 IS USM, Canon 70-300 IS USM, and some Speedlites

scottpow
80 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 14, 2009 00:31 |  #5

I never saw a "this is the date" they will be shipped from Canon. All I have read has been mid October. And you can bet that not every camera shop in the world is going to get them at the same time.

If I was a betting guy lots of folks are going to see a pre-ordered 7D in their hands till November, if then.

Remember the 5D mark II.

krepta
I swear I'm Ken Rockwell!
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 14, 2009 01:12 as a reply to  @ scottpow's post |  #6

Remember that B&H is also a huge retail store in NY. Although there is no option to pre-order online (as far as I know), my guess is that they have accommodated pre-orders for customers who came to the store, and perhaps even customers over the phone. Possibly, the number of pre-orders (for the body only -- the kit still says "New-coming soon") have amounted to exactly or more than the number of expected units to be received from Canon, so it gets the Back-ordered status until the next shipment from Canon.

When I purchased my 40D two years ago, it was right after the announcement as well, and the store from which I bought it did not even list the camera on its website until after the second shipment had arrived. But I called early and luckily was able to place an order for the very last unit they were going to have in stock with the first shipment.

If you absolutely want this 7D as soon as possible, you are going to have to fight hordes of other eager customers, so don't wait for an opportunity to appear -- be pro-active and make it happen.

Alex | flickr (external link) | Gear & Feedback | Food! (external link)

timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 14, 2009 05:54 |  #7

It may mean that they'll accept preorders for it over the phone. If I remember correctly, they did a similar thing with the 5D MKII.

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,509 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 14, 2009 07:40 |  #8

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

rdcamero wrote in post #8639025 (external link)
Got a back ordered email from Adorama today.I am not sure if it just means they are not ready to ship yet or if they have reached their allocation.

As per Canon's website, the Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR camera is scheduled to be delivered to U.S. dealers at the end of September, however, we have been led to understand that we will receive our first shipment on October 7th.

For more information you could take a look at Canon's website below.

http://www.usa.canon.c​om …lease/20090901_​eos7d.html (external link)

Skippy29
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 14, 2009 07:49 |  #9

HelenOster wrote in post #8641029 (external link)
The past 3 model releases were all scheduled around this time (last year) as well and yet did not arrive until Thanksgiving (November

Really? I had my 40D in my hands exactly 28 days after it was announced.

"I'm like a Slinky - not much good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see me tumble down the stairs" -iKirst

HelenOster
That's me!
4,509 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 14, 2009 07:59 |  #10

Skippy29 wrote in post #8641050 (external link)

In that case, I've been given duff information!

nureality
Goldmember
3,611 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 14, 2009 08:11 |  #11

BestBuy got the 40D about 2 weeks after the announcement I remember.

Alan "NuReality" Fronshtein
Gear List | PBase |  (external link)flickr (external link)
Lots of Fun, Lots of Laughs, Happy Trigger Finger!

timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 14, 2009 08:25 |  #12

Consider that last year, the 5D MKII was announced Sept 19, they didn't start shipping until December.

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

nureality
Goldmember
3,611 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 14, 2009 08:27 |  #13

I just hope its out by the end of September, EARLY Hannukah present time. :)

My 40D is getting too long in the tooth (80K actuactions and counting)

Alan "NuReality" Fronshtein
Gear List | PBase |  (external link)flickr (external link)
Lots of Fun, Lots of Laughs, Happy Trigger Finger!

Kuma
996 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 14, 2009 08:31 as a reply to  @ nureality's post |  #14

Sounds like business is good. Glad to see so many 7D testers. Looking forward to all your opinions. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a little bit of a backorder issue at first.

Skippy29
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 14, 2009 08:37 |  #15

timnosenzo wrote in post #8641162 (external link)
Consider that last year, the 5D MKII was announced Sept 19, they didn't start shipping until December.

Oh I know. I think people are gun-shy now with every release is all. I don't think the mishandling of the 5D2 release is a roadmap Canon will follow. I know the 40D was available quickly, I don't know about the 50, maybe someone else can chime in, but yes the 5D2 was mess. But that doesn't mean every release will be.

But that being said, I'm glad my 7D pre-order was in the night of Aug 31st. :lol:

"I'm like a Slinky - not much good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see me tumble down the stairs" -iKirst

sponsored links

13,369 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D body already back ordered on BH?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.