Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Aug 2009 (Thursday) 10:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone still using a 10d ?

monoprint
56 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 12, 2009 10:38 |  #61

I just sold mine. It isn't even gone yet but already I miss it. Lots of good image from it.

Bill
http://monoprint.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bill_mertens/ (external link)

sponsored links
Jason ­ C
do I need to submit a resume...?
4,828 posts
Gallery: 139 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 12, 2009 20:12 as a reply to  @ monoprint's post |  #62

Ok, not the best composition, but to my defence I was using stacked extension tubes for the first time...hand held (GASP).

Oh, those colors from the 10D!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Equipment & Feedback
"I am not interested in shooting new things-I am interested to see things new"--Ernst Haas

Fuzzmuffin
288 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 12, 2009 21:52 |  #63

Lovely!

chalkie
187 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 14, 2009 05:33 |  #64

A colleague of mine still uses his 10D and has no intentions of upgrading as it still does exactly what he wants it to, ie take good pictures!

Canon 40D, Canon 350D, Canon 17-40 f4 L, Sigma 17-70 DC Macro, Sigma 18-200 DC OS, Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro, Sigma 600mm Mirror, Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, Sigma 50-500mm APO DG HSM "Bigma", Kenko 2x Converter, Speedlite 580EX + Stofen, Manfrotto 680B&234RC head, Billingham Hadley Prohttp://www.flickr.com/​photos/chalkie (external link)

JB7_uk
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 14, 2009 08:06 |  #65

Hi All,

First post here for me but having stumbled across this thread i had to register and say hello!

I'm an amateur at best but having inherited some equipment (see kit list in my signature for details) I'm really starting to enjoy taking photography more seriously, especially when you can see the results in quality of photos you can take with a little time and effort.

I'm 'still' using a 10D and as it's my only D-SLR i guess that makes it my primary! My Dad originally bought it some years ago (must be getting on for 7+ at least) and i inherited it some 5 years ago. Having become a little disappointed with the results i was getting i was beginning to look at upgrade options. The trouble is, being a keen amateur at best and with a wedding to plan i couldn't even think about justify the expense. So, i read up and realised that certainly in the time I've had it, the camera has never been serviced or anything . So, I got a decent kit, cleaned the Sensor, and lenses etc, generally lavished some TLC on the whole lot and it's like new! Pictures are now vibrant and clear again and importantly blemish free!

Sorry for the long rambling post but just wanted to say 'Hi' and let you all know that i am very much still using the 10D, loving it, and look forward to learning more about just what this awesome camera can do :)

Cheers,

JB.

Current Gear:
Canon EOS-10D | Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM | Canon EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS USM

matonanjin
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 14, 2009 08:31 |  #66

JB7_uk wrote in post #8641101 (external link)
Hi All,

First post here for me but having stumbled across this thread i had to register and say hello!

I'm an amateur at best but having inherited some equipment (see kit list in my signature for details) I'm really starting to enjoy taking photography more seriously, especially when you can see the results in quality of photos you can take with a little time and effort.

I'm 'still' using a 10D and as it's my only D-SLR i guess that makes it my primary! My Dad originally bought it some years ago (must be getting on for 7+ at least) and i inherited it some 5 years ago. Having become a little disappointed with the results i was getting i was beginning to look at upgrade options. The trouble is, being a keen amateur at best and with a wedding to plan i couldn't even think about justify the expense. So, i read up and realised that certainly in the time I've had it, the camera has never been serviced or anything . So, I got a decent kit, cleaned the Sensor, and lenses etc, generally lavished some TLC on the whole lot and it's like new! Pictures are now vibrant and clear again and importantly blemish free!

Sorry for the long rambling post but just wanted to say 'Hi' and let you all know that i am very much still using the 10D, loving it, and look forward to learning more about just what this awesome camera can do :)

Cheers,

JB.

Hey everybody:

Shall we start a forum pool on how long before JB7_uk gets upgrade fever? :lol:

Just kidding you, JB7_uk. It is a very common disease here.:rolleyes:

My Web Site (external link)

My Equine Photography Blog (external link)
My Stuff and Feedback

JB7_uk
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 14, 2009 09:59 |  #67

Haha very good :)

I guess the lure of more megapixels, faster shooting, and more features etc will always be a there, but to upgrade from what i have will cost way more £'s than i've got, so i may as well learn to use what i have properly before spending a fortune on more features that i don't have the knowledge or skills to make use of! As others have demonstrated, the 10D is capable of taking epic shots still, you just gotta know how to get the best from it :)

If i start reaching the limits of what i can do with the 10D then i'll certainly think about it but as it's just a hobby at the moment, i'll stick with what i got for now :)

Current Gear:
Canon EOS-10D | Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM | Canon EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS USM

KirkM
373 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Sep 16, 2009 09:56 as a reply to  @ JB7_uk's post |  #68

My only digital SLR is still the 10D. Bought it back in June 2003 for $1,499.95 :) It has developed some focusing issues, so I haven't used it much lately. I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade.

10D + 300mm f4.0

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 503

7D | 10D | 50 f1.4 (broken) | 17-40 f4.0 | 70-200 f2.8 | 300 F4.0 | 1.4x II | EF 25 II | 550 EX | 27" iMac i7

Deejayry
152 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 15, 2009 08:17 |  #69

I'm also using a 10d as my only camera, i bought it as a body only about a year ago from a friend then bought a EF 24-85 for my first lens, i've recently got a grip and a tokina 11-16 f/2.8 for it as well.

i love the images i'm getting from it but will probably upgrade to a 50d or 7d within a year or so, i will keep the 10d though!

50d & BG-E2N, 10d & BG-ED3, EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Pro, Speedlite 580EX II
Manual lenses: 135mm f/2.8, 200mm f/3.5, 300mm f/5.5 & 400mm f/6.3
Flickr (external link)
Full Kit List

beeng
927 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 15, 2009 08:26 |  #70

Just sold my 10d as well.
I was thinking of converting it for IR use, but it was just too expensive for the benefit :P

A roll of film, a carboard box, and a bobbypin

Knetjester
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 21, 2010 11:13 |  #71

Hi all, I've just joined and thanks to this link:http://www.conraderb.c​om/flashrepair/ (external link)
I've just repaired my 10D, only took 5 mins & saved me alot of money !
Thanks. :-)

sponsored links

8,707 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone still using a 10d ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.