Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Apr 2009 (Thursday) 18:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 14, 2009 20:23 |  #121

barrett14 wrote in post #8641128 (external link)
I can't wait to see this bag. I really wanted a white one but Ian said the new one is only offered in black, green, and red. As soon as someone posts a picture of a black one I will probably order one. Is it possible to order last years model in white?

I'm in the same boat, I was in love with the white one. Ian said they are out of the previous stock, and I looked all over the internet for a white one with no luck.

After seeing all 3 colors, I'll make my choice - but I was hoping for white.

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
http://cincypics.com/G​reg/ (external link)
Canon 50D | XT
28-135 IS | 70-300 | 18-55 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

sponsored links
barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 14, 2009 22:43 as a reply to  @ highv0lt6ge's post |  #122

Hey Ian, are there any plans to bring back the white color in the near future? That color is too good not to have in the lineup!

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III
24-105L, 16-35L II, 70-300L, 8-15L Fisheye, 50mm 1.4

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 15, 2009 00:37 |  #123

It wasn't really white guys. It was Grey..... i think these new colors are a great update.

DanCarrPhotography.com (external link)
ShutterMuse.com (external link)
My crazy gear guide! (external link)

Eric
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 15, 2009 06:12 |  #124

dandig wrote in post #8646268 (external link)
It wasn't really white guys. It was Grey..... i think these new colors are a great update.

Defiantly not white, it is a light gray as shown in my first post on this thread. A great color though, that's why I went with the old style and I needed a bag ASAP.

Eric Darlington Photography (external link)
flickr (external link) / [URL="[URL]http://eric​darlington.500px.com/"​]500px / [URL="[URL]http://www.​facebook.com/EricDarli​ngtonPhotography"]Face​book
[URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=8612297&postcou​nt=1945"]Tools

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 15, 2009 14:07 |  #125

barrett14 wrote in post #8645773 (external link)
Hey Ian, are there any plans to bring back the white color in the near future? That color is too good not to have in the lineup!

Sorry no plans right now. And yes it was not white it was more on the grey/silver side of the spectrum. But I also liked that color scheme... and so did the dirt.

In other news the remaining Tilopa's and Satori's have hit the US and are currently enjoying there time in customs.

I will try and and update when they have cleared.

As always send an email with your order number if you have a question related to your order.

ian@fstopgear.com (external link)

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 16, 2009 23:02 |  #126

Anyone get their bag yet? pics?

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 17, 2009 13:42 |  #127

barrett14 wrote in post #8659063 (external link)
Anyone get their bag yet? pics?

Nope, but just got the e-mail that my bag shipped so it looks like the rest of the Tilopa's and the Satori's are in and shipping.

npc2396
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 18, 2009 11:44 |  #128

I'd like to give you a review as I should have gotten the bag by now but I won't be getting it until Monday. I recieved notification my bag shipped on September 10th but UPS did not get it in there hands until September 15th. Those 5 days mean I will not have the bag in time for a trip to Nova Scotia. I've asked Ian why it took 5 days and if there was anything they could do on Wednesday but haven't recieved a response. I undertand waiting for a back ordered product but when you recieve a shipping number and varify with the company that the bag left the bulding on the 10th but somehow didn't get to UPS until the 15th is very discouraging.

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 18, 2009 12:44 |  #129

npc2396 wrote in post #8666250 (external link)
I'd like to give you a review as I should have gotten the bag by now but I won't be getting it until Monday. I recieved notification my bag shipped on September 10th but UPS did not get it in there hands until September 15th. Those 5 days mean I will not have the bag in time for a trip to Nova Scotia. I've asked Ian why it took 5 days and if there was anything they could do on Wednesday but haven't recieved a response. I undertand waiting for a back ordered product but when you recieve a shipping number and varify with the company that the bag left the bulding on the 10th but somehow didn't get to UPS until the 15th is very discouraging.

I guess I can stop checking the UPS tracking site hoping for an update then... It's been over 24hrs since I got my tracking number but UPS is still showing they don't have the package. Oh well, par for the course on this whole deal.

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 18, 2009 15:40 as a reply to  @ sodalis's post |  #130

Hello again,

Nick i just sent you an email with my best attempt to rectify the situation. It is unfortunate and do not have a good reason why your bag sat for so long.

As I explained to Nick and will again now, F-Stop is a small company, we have 2 full time staff members. and we use 3rd party shipping company. We all live in different parts of the world (St.Louis, Utah and ((me)Vancouver/Japan).

Our part-timer works the warehouse in Utah. I was under the impression he would be working a little more this week but I was wrong. He also holds another job.

Your bag is late and maybe a few others, I wish everyone had there packs yesterday but it is not to be. Believe me I would much rather be processing the onslaught of new orders than fielding every CS email or forum post in regards to "where's my bag". Every minute here is another order that waits.

I have been on your side of the 'order' many times in my life and I know it is not fun, we all shoot and we all have trips... I know the feeling. I apologize for the agony.

I hope you find that the pack out weighs all your F-Stop woes.

Just an FYI: Nearly all the shipment that was sent by AIR, has been taken up by back and new orders. The boat shipment will arrive in about 6 weeks. So if you didn't get in on this batch there are more coming.

ian@fstopgear.com (external link)

Edit: Here is a link to help get a better idea of how shipping works at F-Stop http://fstopgear.com/s​hipping (external link)

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

romeo26
159 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 19, 2009 22:22 |  #131

how does the tilopa compair to the kelty redwing 2650? i curently use the redwing for hiking and i usually try to protect my camera with some layers of cloths!
what iam looking for is:
how the suspension system is compaired to the redwing?
lash ability (ability to hold a tent or sleeping bag)?
has to hold at least 1 day of cloths, pjs, trunks, and camping towle, socks, some light weight cooking stuff like snow peak giga power stove or msr windpro, fuel, remote canister converter, msr 2 pot set, fire starter, first aid, flash light?
food, water?
at least xti with 24-105 f4l, 16-35l, lense pen, extra batteries, and extra cf cards?

what kind of molle pouches are you planning to release?
i know i can get some from an airsoft place(i play milsim paintball), but the red pack wouldnt look good with a digi camo ammo pack or dump pouch!

edit:
if i do end up getting this i know iam going to get the small icu!

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 20, 2009 09:29 |  #132

There are so many molle accessories out there, I'd bet that they plan to leave that to others.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 23, 2009 13:03 |  #133

Anyone receive theirs yet?

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III

jcothron
Goldmember
3,793 posts
Gallery: 398 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 23, 2009 13:07 |  #134

I have my tracking number for a cranberry/gray red satori, but have not received it yet.

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

FeedTheJoe
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 24, 2009 08:31 as a reply to  @ jcothron's post |  #135

Hello All! This is my first post on this forum, I thought I would jump right in!

Anyway, I have been lurking around this thread for some time trying to glean some more info about the Tilopa. I looks like my dream pack. After some back and forth with F-Stop, namely Ian, I ordered a Tilopa from their site. It seems the bag has been on a long and circuitous journey...but I have some good news to report:

Pasted directly from UPS.com:

LocationDateLocal Time Description

EMBED PREVENTED, GIFS ARE NOT RENDERED INLINE
when post is by a member with less than 30 posts)
http://wwwapps.ups.com​/img/1.gif
What's This?
(DUPLICATE IMAGE)
LONG ISLAND CITY, NY, US 09/24/20097:20 A.M.OUT FOR DELIVERY

So it looks like I my bag will be waiting for me when I get back from work. Needless to say I am thrilled.

I will try to post some pics when I get home. I am participating in a triathlon this Saturday and I going up to Massachussetts to shoot a friend competing in a cyclocross race, so hopefully I can begin to put this pack through its paces...

Gear: 50D | 10-22 | 50/1.4 | 70-200 F/4L | 1.4x | Gitzo 1541 Traveler | Calumet Ball Head http://www.flickr.com/​photos/25883430@N03 (external link)

sponsored links

48,686 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.