Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Apr 2009 (Thursday) 18:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 24, 2009 10:09 |  #136

FeedTheJoe wrote in post #8700847 (external link)
Hello All! This is my first post on this forum, I thought I would jump right in!

Anyway, I have been lurking around this thread for some time trying to glean some more info about the Tilopa. I looks like my dream pack. After some back and forth with F-Stop, namely Ian, I ordered a Tilopa from their site. It seems the bag has been on a long and circuitous journey...but I have some good news to report:

Pasted directly from UPS.com:

LocationDateLocal Time Description
[GIFS ARE NOT RENDERED IN QUOTES]
What's This?LONG ISLAND CITY, NY, US 09/24/20097:20 A.M.OUT FOR DELIVERY

So it looks like I my bag will be waiting for me when I get back from work. Needless to say I am thrilled.

I will try to post some pics when I get home. I am participating in a triathlon this Saturday and I going up to Massachussetts to shoot a friend competing in a cyclocross race, so hopefully I can begin to put this pack through its paces...

I very much want to see any pictures you can post on this pack. This is looking like a strong candidate for my main camera pack.

j.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

sponsored links
barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 24, 2009 10:16 |  #137

Hello All! This is my first post on this forum, I thought I would jump right in!

Anyway, I have been lurking around this thread for some time trying to glean some more info about the Tilopa. I looks like my dream pack. After some back and forth with F-Stop, namely Ian, I ordered a Tilopa from their site. It seems the bag has been on a long and circuitous journey...but I have some good news to report:

So it looks like I my bag will be waiting for me when I get back from work. Needless to say I am thrilled.

I will try to post some pics when I get home. I am participating in a triathlon this Saturday and I going up to Massachussetts to shoot a friend competing in a cyclocross race, so hopefully I can begin to put this pack through its paces...

Can't wait for the pics!

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III
24-105L, 16-35L II, 70-300L, 8-15L Fisheye, 50mm 1.4

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 24, 2009 11:22 |  #138

My bag also would have arrived today, had it actually shipped a week ago when I was billed and given a tracking number. Instead, it sat (somewhere?) all last weekend, so I will be waiting until next Monday. Unfortunatly, every extra weekend this time of year pretty much means one more trip without the bag.

jaholbro
30 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 24, 2009 14:16 |  #139

bring on the pics, i had to cancel my pre-order due to all the delays, but I still want one

jcothron
Goldmember
3,793 posts
Gallery: 398 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 24, 2009 14:18 |  #140

Mine will be here Monday.

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

Cash_
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 24, 2009 14:35 |  #141

When did you guys order these? was it recently?

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 24, 2009 14:44 |  #142

Cash_ wrote in post #8702800 (external link)
When did you guys order these? was it recently?

Geologically speaking, yes.

:p;)

FeedTheJoe
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 24, 2009 15:50 |  #143

sodalis wrote in post #8702851 (external link)
Geologically speaking, yes.

:p;)

Lol.

Seriously though, I ordered mine on the sometime around September 8th the Order was processed and tracking number recieved on the 15th, and the bag was delived today, the 24th

Ian (from f-stop) has said that there is only one guy working at the warehouse, and he is part-time, so sometimes there can be a delay between the order being processed and the bag actually leaving the warehouse on a big brown truck...

Gear: 50D | 10-22 | 50/1.4 | 70-200 F/4L | 1.4x | Gitzo 1541 Traveler | Calumet Ball Head http://www.flickr.com/​photos/25883430@N03 (external link)

Cash_
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 24, 2009 15:56 |  #144

damn i sure hope thats not the case i ordered mine today, and i need it for a flight on the 5th. I should have done it earlier i just didnt have the funds. I paid for 3 day express, so here is to hoping.

barrett14
793 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 24, 2009 16:56 |  #145

FeedTheJoe wrote in post #8703217 (external link)
Lol.

Seriously though, I ordered mine on the sometime around September 8th the Order was processed and tracking number recieved on the 15th, and the bag was delived today, the 24th

Ian (from f-stop) has said that there is only one guy working at the warehouse, and he is part-time, so sometimes there can be a delay between the order being processed and the bag actually leaving the warehouse on a big brown truck...

Can you post some pics?

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
5D Mark III
24-105L, 16-35L II, 70-300L, 8-15L Fisheye, 50mm 1.4

Cash_
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 24, 2009 17:27 |  #146

Just got the info for tracking and processing and my sales receipt, THANK YOU IAN! and F-Stop

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 24, 2009 17:40 |  #147

FeedTheJoe wrote in post #8703217 (external link)
Lol.

What color did you get?

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
http://cincypics.com/G​reg/ (external link)
Canon 50D | XT
28-135 IS | 70-300 | 18-55 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

Tumeg
Goldmember
1,823 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 24, 2009 19:15 |  #148

Thanks so much for posting this!
I have been looking for a camera backpack, that seconds as a good back-packing pack, for SOOO long!

I'm looking into the Satori model, and a smaller camera\lens insert.

With the smaller insert, does this back (The Tilopa) have a decent amount of room for stuff for say, a full on overnight backpacking trip\hike?

| Canon 5D Mk II | Canon 17-40MM F/4L | Canon 50MM F/1.4 | Canon 85MM F/1.8 | Canon 580EX II |

FeedTheJoe
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 24, 2009 21:15 as a reply to  @ Tumeg's post |  #149

I have been playing with my bag for a few hours. It feels pretty solid and it feels good on your back. So far, so good.

The ICU is pretty big. Here are some pics. (while you are in my Flickr, you might as well take a look around and drop a few comments... :)

Flickr (external link)

-Steve

Gear: 50D | 10-22 | 50/1.4 | 70-200 F/4L | 1.4x | Gitzo 1541 Traveler | Calumet Ball Head http://www.flickr.com/​photos/25883430@N03 (external link)

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 24, 2009 21:19 |  #150

I need to get a 1Dmk3 body, a 40D body, a 300 f/4, a 70-200, a 580EX, and a 24-105 plus some incidentals in there. Will that all fit?

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

sponsored links

48,688 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa **Great Bag**
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.