Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 26 Sep 2009 (Saturday) 00:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Quick question...

Exposure101
555 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 26, 2009 00:00 |  #1

I'm thinking about going with a guy I know (from work) to a wedding tomorrow to see what it's like. I'm basically tagging along to learn the steps. He's taking pictures (and getting paid) for a co-worker/friend and I will just be taking pictures for fun. I most likely won't be giving pictures to anyone and will just keep them to critique myself. So to reiterate I'm not getting paid as I'm just tagging along to "learn the steps" so to speak. Besides, my equipment needs a good workout. :p

So my question is: are there any legalities that I should watch out for? I really couldn't think of anything but would like to check with you guys to be sure. :)

Thank you!

form
"inadequately equipped"
4,929 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 26, 2009 08:43 |  #2

Don't post them online anywhere without permission, preferably written, from the photographer and the b&g. Make sure both the b&g and photographer are ok with it before you do it. Never sell the photos unless given permission to do so.

Las Vegas Wedding Photographer: http://www.joeyallenph​oto.com (external link)

Exposure101
THREAD ­ STARTER
555 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 26, 2009 13:52 |  #3

Thanks for the reply! I will most likely just keep the photos to myself (definitely won't be selling the photos). I'm just tagging along so that I can do some photography as my equipment has been sitting around for a few months.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

658 views & 0 likes for this thread
Quick question...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.