Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 01 Oct 2009 (Thursday) 15:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Help - Darkroom software

Sher
42 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 01, 2009 15:48 |  #1

Hi all,

I got an interview today with a studio company. I'm comfortable with photoshop, but the manager told me they are using Darkroom for photo editing because it is more simple to use.

I have an second interview tomorrow but can anyone please tell me where to download a trial version of "Darkroom"? There seem to be some softwares with the same name so I don't know which one is the correct one.

Thanks very much.

A7II, 5DII | Canon 17-40 | 24-105L | 50 f1.4 | 100-300L | Sony 28 f2 | Tamron 70-200 VC | 70-300 VC
A6000, 50D, 350D
shermansham.com (external link) - Photo Gallery & Landscape Prints on Smugmug

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,190 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 01, 2009 19:52 |  #2

Just my 2p's worth, if they are a pro studio (so to speak) then I surmise it could be this one http://www.expressdigi​tal.com/products/epsda​rkroom.shtm (external link) having said that without them specifying it to you any suggestions would be speculation as only "they" know & can tell you exactly the source of their "Darkroom".

Not a lot of help but heh you did ask :D

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
10,884 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Oct 02, 2009 02:41 as a reply to  @ Box Brownie's post |  #3

I would agree with BB above that the software they are using. That software is more of total workflow solution. It's own editing functions are very basic from what I can see. In the video demo they provide a link to Photoshop to do more advanced editing.

I did a Google search and can't find any sort of robust editing application called Darkroom beyond the above.

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery (external link) | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 03, 2009 00:43 |  #4

I noticed that the first feature mentioned at the "Darkroom" site is processing green screen shots.

I'm guessing of course, but if the OP is going to work for a chain studio company, this would make sense.

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Tigershark
904 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 03, 2009 17:38 |  #5

I use the Darkroom and yes it is limited in some of the special features you can do in Photoshop but I have to say it is a decent software and if they are using it while printing it is really hard too beat. i use it with my Shinko and it works great but I try my best to nail the exposure in the camera and not in the software. It does have a cool focus feature that has impressed me, the software is big with Labs as well. I have used it to create a lot of templates

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

747 views & 0 likes for this thread
Help - Darkroom software
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.