Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Sep 2009 (Tuesday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D pre-order thread

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 07, 2009 18:06 |  #946

brlowe wrote in post #8779790 (external link)
The local best buy here normally has body only SLRs in stock but if they don't I could get the kit with the coupon for only a few dollars more than the body only online. So I will still head down there on Sunday. I can always try and sell the lens for $150-200 and put that toward a new lens.

Why did he sell it?

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
aebrown
Maybe the next victim
1,283 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 07, 2009 19:54 |  #947

I got my 5d mark ii from best buy in June. I just randomly saw that they had a display model (though at my store they have them in a locked glass case, so not many hands touch them unless they really want to). I asked, he asked his manager, she said yes, and I got the 15% off and used about a 150 bucks in reward zone points, all in all it was 2300.

They said normal warranties still apply meaning if it breaks on me then I can bring it back to the store and get it replaced etc etc.

-Aaron Brown :D
1D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 35L, 85L, 70-200 f/2.8L, 580 EX II
Where to goandWhat to do (external link) in the Pacific Northwest
My Flickr (external link)

napolar
260 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2004

Oct 07, 2009 22:08 |  #948

Must resist, resistance is futile, must resist!!!

Art
5D MKIII
16 - 35 L 24 - 105 L
70 - 200 F4 L 100 - 400 L
P.O.T.N Op-Tech Strap

Jeromy
118 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 07, 2009 22:29 as a reply to  @ napolar's post |  #949

I am # 46 inline at pictureline in SLC! ouch

6D:cool:

azpix
Goldmember
3,335 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 08, 2009 02:13 |  #950

speedline_fc wrote in post #8780335 (external link)
There's the Best Buy Mover's Coupon. Available either in the USPS Mover's Guide packet from the post office or at http://moversguide.usp​s.com (external link) when you fill out a Change of Address form.. or you can look here (external link)

Then there's the Reward Zone coupon that they normally send to your home, providing you are a Reward Zone member.

Those are the only two that I know of.

And yeah, tax definitely kills the deal.. I guess it kind of depends on: (1) do you just want a 7D because you are unable to find one? or (2) do you want a 7D only if you can get a killer deal on one? I realized, as with many things, I have more time than money.. so I'm usually in Group 2.. however, reading everything I can about the 7D, I'm slowly migrating to Group 1. :)

so if i'm reading this correcttly, the sample you as" you can look here".... i should be able to print and use that without a problem.. or do i need to register as a mover?

Gear- 7d, 24-70L, sigma 70-200, Sigma 120-400, canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.0,sigma 10-20 and a DJI Mavic Pro Drone

speedline_fc
282 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 08, 2009 02:34 as a reply to  @ azpix's post |  #951

You can use the sample. The PDF is just a print out of the actual screen you would see after you fill out the Change of Address form. So its "legit".

My Flickr (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9822373#p​ost9822373

clarkkent
21 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Oct 08, 2009 04:35 as a reply to  @ post 8780335 |  #952

I, like many of you, am getting impatient. I ordered from Adorama with Bing cashback and no sales tax. I was wondering if I could buy a camera locally, keep the receipt, and return the camera I get from Adorama to the store rather than Adorama?

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 08, 2009 04:55 |  #953

clarkkent wrote in post #8783182 (external link)
I, like many of you, am getting impatient. I ordered from Adorama with Bing cashback and no sales tax. I was wondering if I could buy a camera locally, keep the receipt, and return the camera I get from Adorama to the store rather than Adorama?

Many stores put the serial number on the receipt.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

Daytona
899 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 08, 2009 08:03 as a reply to  @ Mike R's post |  #954

So how many here who have a Best Buy pre-order are confident that it will ship to them next week?

I did a fairly order body only 7D preorder with them and have resisted buying it elsewhere...but if it doesn't ship next week because they don't get enough stock in to fill all the pre-orders, I'm gonna be ticked. :mad:

MEMBER, CANON PROFESSIONAL SERVICES (CPS) MEMBER, NAT. ASN. OF PHOTOSHOP PROS (NAPP)
CURRENT BODIES: 5D Mark III
SITE OWNER:
ThruMyLens (external link)/LuxuryTyme (external link)

whitesell
361 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 08, 2009 08:13 |  #955

Hi Clark,

Wow, you have no issue with screwing the local store and the salesperson who likely gets a commission on their sales?

Regards,
Jim

Edmonton portrait photographer (external link)
Google Business Photos Edmonton (external link)
Gear list

lowrider
807 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 08, 2009 08:53 |  #956

whitesell wrote in post #8783688 (external link)
Wow, you have no issue with screwing the local store and the salesperson who likely gets a commission on thier sales?

Most store's and mail order places that sell equipment like this record the SN on the sales receipt, So, no your scheme probably wouldn't work.

Lou

notnaught
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 08, 2009 09:06 |  #957

Ripster101 wrote in post #8779177 (external link)
it was 2199 with this lens in the kit. they also had the other kit for 1899. I wanted to make sure it arrived as advertised today before i posted, figured a few people would be happy to snag one of these early.

Ripster101: thank you, thank you, thank you. I had pre-orders in with Amazon and Adorama and thanks to your tip about cameralandny.com having the 7D with the 18-135 lens mine is shipping out today! $2199.99. I asked about the 28-135 package for $1899, but Joel said they didn't have them and "why would anybody want that?" Okay. I also bought the extra battery, UV filter, and hood, but he charged me $99 instead of $70. Maybe you can share your secrets on getting deals someday. Again, thanks. I'll be able to play with it this weekend.

e02937
Goldmember
2,714 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 08, 2009 09:07 |  #958

I am getting the 28-135 because it has USM.

Canon 7d
[15-85 IS] [70-200
f/4L IS] [I'm a PC]
[Full gear list and feedback]

GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 08, 2009 09:23 |  #959

Got mine :D

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

Djhyper66
62 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 08, 2009 09:55 |  #960

I got mine yesturday from regal cameras, buying the 7d body was the first purchase I made where I felt no buyers remorse. This camera was not all hype, it does everything it advertise to do!!! This is one great camera. I just got a canon t1i like less then 6 months ago and I already upgraded.

To everyone waiting for there camera in the mail, this camera is well worth the wait!!!!

My toys:Canon G12, Canon 7D gripped, speedlite 580exII, EF 28-135, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 , EF 50 mm 1.8, EF 100 mm f/2.8L IS. 70-200 2.8 IS II

sponsored links

151,442 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D pre-order thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.