Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Oct 2009 (Monday) 22:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!

bwilking
282 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 07, 2009 21:36 |  #61

.... But as I've already stated, there were plenty to go around. Everyone who wanted to order batteries got to order batteries. The stock wasnt the limiting factor- time was.

Canon EOS M | 22mm f/2 | 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | 135mm f/2.8 with Soft Focus

sponsored links
tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 07, 2009 23:07 |  #62

Honestly, it's not a big deal. Even if you did resell it, it would probably be fore a cheaper price than what it's going for. I'd rather pay $25 than $42 for a battery. I'm constantly looking for great deals on POTN and online WITH the intention of reselling it. Heck, this past summer I was at a Ritz Camera store that was closing down. They had two 430EXII in stock, selling for $170 each. You bet I picked both of them up and relisted them for a price that was still cheaper than retail (with the rebate).

I honestly don't see anything wrong here. A member came across a good deal and bought large quantities of it and will resell it at a price that's still cheaper than what it's currently going for. Everyone wins.

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

bwilking
282 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 07, 2009 23:09 |  #63

tnguyen600 wrote in post #8782238 (external link)
I honestly don't see anything wrong here. A member came across a good deal and bought large quantities of it and will resell it at a price that's still cheaper than what it's currently going for. Everyone wins.

That is my EXACT thought process. I plan on selling them cheaper than any store or anyone on ebay. Big deal.

Canon EOS M | 22mm f/2 | 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | 135mm f/2.8 with Soft Focus

Fernando
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 07, 2009 23:49 |  #64

bwilking wrote in post #8780183 (external link)
Oh Im not doing this just to take POTN for a ride! Never! Im planning on ebay. Ill list them here too, if anyone wants one. But it was never about screwing people.

Not just to take POTN for a ride, well that's a relief. Someone already did the group a favor. That would be the OP.

bwilking wrote in post #8780183 (external link)
.... But as I've already stated, there were plenty to go around. Everyone who wanted to order batteries got to order batteries. The stock wasnt the limiting factor- time was..

And you know this how?

I'm not going to take any kind of moral high-ground here, that's for each person to decide, but as was the case when people were buying CC out of the 100 Macro I find it kind of slimy. I found it sad when, for the short term, it actually drove down the price for that lens on the used boards.

-F

Fuji convert - Ping me if you have any Fuji gear or legacy glass you're moving.

Leonard ­ Wong
206 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 08, 2009 01:12 |  #65

I ordered two and have already been charged on my CC (odd for Amazon, but I guess when its Adorama through Amazon, the charge is different). Estimated ship date is 10/14 through 10/20.

Order isn't cancelled yet, so there may be some hope. Anyone else get a tracking number or a ship confirmation?

40D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 30 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 70-200 F4 IS | 2x580EXII | YN CTR-301P | Lowepro Slingshot 200 | Kata R-103 | Manfrotto Monopod 679B
HV20 | WD-H43 | DM-20 | Manfrotto 390RC2
G12 | D10

volfan1978
720 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 08, 2009 06:14 |  #66

bwilking wrote in post #8781714 (external link)
.... But as I've already stated, there were plenty to go around. Everyone who wanted to order batteries got to order batteries. The stock wasnt the limiting factor- time was.

My advice is next time you buy a huge quantity don't tell everyone. This thread would probably be about three pages shorter.

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 08, 2009 07:57 |  #67

Leonard Wong wrote in post #8782714 (external link)
I ordered two and have already been charged on my CC (odd for Amazon, but I guess when its Adorama through Amazon, the charge is different). Estimated ship date is 10/14 through 10/20.

Order isn't cancelled yet, so there may be some hope. Anyone else get a tracking number or a ship confirmation?

None yet. No response to my questions sent to them either.

Gear: S95 - Canon 50D - Canon 50mm 1.4 - BG-E2N Grip - R4 Rstrap - 200DG
molitrato.com (external link)
My flickr! (external link)
My feedback!

CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 08, 2009 08:52 |  #68

pretty sure Adorama is closed until the 12th for the Jewish holiday so that is why none of these will ship before then and why no one is getting responses to their questions.

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

Kafn8td
864 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 08, 2009 10:32 |  #69

It sounds like we need a place that has an outcome based selling policy. Where everyone has an equal chance at getting the same deal no matter how late you are to the party.:p

I once sold a studio light kit that I bought for half price. I added a couple hundred bucks to it and resold it. The pricing police were all over me saying I was trying to rip people off because I was selling it for more than I paid for it. So because I am profiting off of the sale and the buyer is getting it at a discount, I'm ripping people off?

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 08, 2009 11:19 |  #70

Kafn8td wrote in post #8784325 (external link)
It sounds like we need a place that has an outcome based selling policy. Where everyone has an equal chance at getting the same deal no matter how late you are to the party.:p

I once sold a studio light kit that I bought for half price. I added a couple hundred bucks to it and resold it. The pricing police were all over me saying I was trying to rip people off because I was selling it for more than I paid for it. So because I am profiting off of the sale and the buyer is getting it at a discount, I'm ripping people off?

Here's my take on the whole thing...some posters were disappointed that they missed the deal. Rightly or wrongly they attributed the speed at which the "deal" was shut down to some other posters buying in mass quantities to mark up and sell at a profit. A factor? Who knows?

The OP graciously shared his good find with his fellow POTN members. Some posters would like to see some "community pricing" factored in when the posters who bought many go to resell.

At the end of the day everyone can do what they want. The only thing at risk is the esteem in which fellow members hold each other. Don't care...then don't worry.

flickr (external link)

nprdavid
977 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 11, 2009 20:37 |  #71

I think at the end of the day we will have to send adorama a bailout for $10 batteries

Hoosier Daddy
Flickr (external link)

volfan1978
720 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 11, 2009 20:44 |  #72

Received shipping notification!

vrsixer
183 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 11, 2009 21:20 |  #73

volfan1978 wrote in post #8803280 (external link)
Received shipping notification!

Did you look at your invoice and see they are sending Adorama BP-511 generics, not Canon BP-511A?:mad:

Adorama Lithium-Ion Camcorder Battery, Replacement for the Canon BP-511/ BP-511A & BP-512 / BP-514 , 7.4v

dennisgibson
390 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 11, 2009 21:39 |  #74

I just saw that, they're shipping these things which I don't want!

http://www.adorama.com …1.html?searchin​fo=*bp511* (external link)

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 11, 2009 21:47 |  #75

I checked my shipping invoices and what not...didn't say anything about flashpoint brand.

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

sponsored links

8,192 views & 0 likes for this thread
Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.