Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Sep 2009 (Tuesday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D pre-order thread

speedline_fc
282 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 08, 2009 15:58 |  #976

aCiD99 wrote in post #8785342 (external link)
Got to school today, called Best Buy is Allen Park Michigan as soon as I got done my first class.

They said they received their only 2 last night, I had them check they were there, that took a while cause they were still in the back. I asked him to hold one of them for me with my name on it.

I went over there on Lunch, and my friend said she had some coupons for Best Buy she would give me.... I got the 7D with 28-135 for $1600!!!!! Ridiculous deal.

I'm now in class again, while my battery charges in my office... this is going to be the longest 3 hours of classes in the history of my life.

Oh, and while I'm standing there waiting for him to get mine out, another guy walks up from Ford and says "Got any more 7Ds?" and he takes the other one 10s after I took mine, now they're sold out! :P

Thanks for posting, Acid. I called my local store and they had 3 in stock. The person I spoke to had to double check that they were available to sell, but they held one for me. I picked it up after lunch.

Battery is charging now. Finally :) Not as sweet as a deal as the CC BCB deal, but after selling the 28-135 lens and the 10% coupon, it works out to be around the same price had I gone with the Adorama BCB 11% deal. So I'm not going to complain.

(but I'm still not canceling my CC order)

My Flickr (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9822373#p​ost9822373

sponsored links
Big ­ C
469 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 08, 2009 17:23 |  #977

Just called a local best buy here in Az and they have it in stock. The extra $150 in sales tax is kinda holdin me back though.

Nikon D750 | Tokina 16-28 2.8 | 28 1.8G | Sigma 50 Art | 85 1.8G
Flickr (external link)

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 08, 2009 17:52 as a reply to  @ Big C's post |  #978

I received this e-mail from Adorama this morning...

"We are writing regarding the order you placed with Adorama.
Order# XXXXXXX.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer let us down, and now we let you down. We apologize for being off our estimate. Adorama is built on customer satisfaction and we try very hard to avoid situations like this. I hope you understand that such situations are beyond our control. We will of course rush to ship it as soon as we receive it. Please be assured we are constantly following up with the manufacturer to get your backorder shipped out. However, If your need is time sensitive, you may want to either call our sales department at (800) 223-2500, and they will be able to suggest an alternate choice, or you may e-mail us at ervice@adorama.com (external link) to cancel. We'd be sorry to lose your order, but we'd be sorrier to lose you as a customer.

Thanks again for choosing Adorama.

Sincerely,

Adorama Customer Service"

I certainly hope that they have a couple of tractor trailers full of 7D's sitting at their warehouse door when they get to work on Monday morning! :)

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

RiaGurl
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:02 as a reply to  @ PicSniper's post |  #979

ya i received that same email last week.

VictoRia:roll::D
Canon 20D,40D gripped,50D gripped,7D gripped
A flash for each^. 2x580EX II, 1x430EX II, 550EX
Bunch of glass.:)
Bunch of accessories.

binlerne
870 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:02 |  #980

It's their standard reply if an order hasn't been filled after 12-14 days. I got one the other day as well. I think everybody who pre-ordered in the beginning of Sept got it.

PicSniper wrote in post #8786711 (external link)

Order# XXXXXXX.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer let us down, and now we let you down. We apologize for being off our estimate. Adorama is built on customer satisfaction and we try very hard to avoid situations like this. I hope you understand that such situations are beyond our control. We will of course rush to ship it as soon as we receive it. Please be assured we are constantly following up with the manufacturer to get your backorder shipped out. However, If your need is time sensitive, you may want to either call our sales department at (800) 223-2500, and they will be able to suggest an alternate choice, or you may e-mail us at ervice@adorama.com (external link) to cancel. We'd be sorry to lose your order, but we'd be sorrier to lose you as a customer.

Sincerely,

I certainly hope that they have a couple of tractor trailers full of 7D's sitting at their warehouse door when they get to work on Monday morning! :)

My Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

brlowe
149 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:13 |  #981

Well went to my local Best Buy and they had them. They canceled my online order and gave me 10% off.
Got the kit so I have a new 28-135 lens I will be selling next week if anybody wants one.
Battery is charging right now.

Brandon

Nervous
372 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:22 |  #982

Helen Oster promised to fix this confusing email long time ago, but seems to me she is too busy celebrating those multiple and long Jewish holidays. :cool:

PicSniper wrote in post #8786711 (external link)

Order# XXXXXXX.

Sincerely,

7D | 5D classic | EF-S 10-22 | EF 24-105 L IS | EF 70-300 IS USM | EF 85/1.8 | EF 50/1.8 II | Sigma 24-60/2.8 | Tamron 90/2.8 | 580EXII | 2x 420EX | 055XPro + 488RC2

moeronn
Goldmember
2,516 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:27 |  #983

Nervous wrote in post #8786834 (external link)
Helen Oster promised to fix this confusing email long time ago, but seems to me she is too busy celebrating those multiple and long Jewish holidays. :cool:

You've worn out both the stick and the dead horse you're beating it with.

flickr (external link)

Shawnwil
114 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:28 |  #984

Nervous wrote in post #8786834 (external link)

Can you get a little more offensive? If you have a problem with the way they do business they shop somewhere else. Here's a tip though..... stop being a jack***.

Gear List

RiaGurl
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:30 as a reply to  @ Shawnwil's post |  #985

not defending him, but that could be ambiguous. no harm if he is stating that he is envious of it, as some posters joked about how nice it would be to be jewish with all the holidays.

if otherwise, then maybe offensive, ya.

i do see the cool eye smiley, so who knows.

VictoRia:roll::D
Canon 20D,40D gripped,50D gripped,7D gripped
A flash for each^. 2x580EX II, 1x430EX II, 550EX
Bunch of glass.:)
Bunch of accessories.

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 08, 2009 18:41 |  #986

Stay relaxed, it's not healthy to be nervous.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

binlerne
870 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 08, 2009 18:43 |  #987

RiaGurl wrote in post #8786874 (external link)
not defending him, but that could be ambiguous. no harm if he is stating that he is envious of it, as some posters joked about how nice it would be to be jewish with all the holidays.

if otherwise, then maybe offensive, ya.

i do see the cool eye smiley, so who knows.

He has been complaining about their holidays for the past week and how annoyed he has been. He's been on my ignore list ever since.

It's fine if people don't like other people's religion, but complaining about it over and over and that their business practices are stupid is disrespectful to them and should not be tolerated on these boards.

My Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

BlueAqua
33 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 08, 2009 19:21 |  #988

I went to my local Best Buy (Bloomington, MN) and asked if they had any 7D's in stock. The sales guy didn't really know what I was talking about and checked the in store stock system. They had 2 kits in stock and I picked up one of them. I also used this 10% off coupon without a problem.

http://s.fatwallet.com …s/19120_bestbuy​coupon.pdf (external link)

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 08, 2009 19:25 |  #989

BlueAqua wrote in post #8787144 (external link)
I went to my local Best Buy (Bloomington, MN) and asked if they had any 7D's in stock. The sales guy didn't really know what I was talking about and checked the in store stock system. They had 2 kits in stock and I picked up one of them. I also used this 10% off coupon without a problem.

http://s.fatwallet.com …s/19120_bestbuy​coupon.pdf (external link)

As stated before, when you buy in the store and you are in a state that charges sales tax (it's 7% here in Miami - :rolleyes:), you're better off buying online and taking advantage of online coupons or cashback deals. On the other hand, you do HAVE one, so that's important, as well. :)

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

Danie24932
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 08, 2009 19:50 |  #990

Big C wrote in post #8786594 (external link)
Just called a local best buy here in Az and they have it in stock. The extra $150 in sales tax is kinda holdin me back though.

Yeah same here thanks to this forum I found out about the movers packet coupon that can be picked up at any local usps store which is good for 10% as shown in the many posts above. Called them up and the manager hooked it up even tho he wasnt putting them on the shelves until friday afternoon. Final cost was 1853.20 with tax.

Want to thanks everyone again for the good info!! Good work guys! :)
Gonna have myself some fun fidgeting tonight!

sponsored links

151,343 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D pre-order thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.