Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 17:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Member introductions

tinahhh
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 26, 2009 16:09 |  #421

hi i'm from california. i'm a senior in high school. last year i took a black/white film photography class at school and i loved it. and now i'm going to start using a digital camera. i'm still new at this but i really love it. my dad has a nice camera, i don't remember what kind it is, but he lets me use it time to time

[Flickr] (external link)

sponsored links
Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop
15,692 posts
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2002

Sep 27, 2009 11:08 |  #422

Welcome to all. We hope you've all found a friendly new home on the internet.

Mark
-----
Some primes, some zooms, some Ls, some bodies and they all play nice together.
Forty years of shooting and still learning.
My Tumblr Site (external link) (NSFW)
Follow Me on Instagram (external link)

Cross_X
37 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 03, 2009 03:48 |  #423

Hello to everybody=)
I'm Alex, born in Moscow, Russia, but now I'm in Bay area, CA-you never know how things will turn out)
My son was born in January of 2008,and that triggered me towards the photography(I did some 35mm before but quit for some now unknown reasons), and the whole thing pushed me back in=) My dad's a pro landscape photographer(35yrs in and counting), so I had a chance to find out everything that was needed to start.
I'm glad I've found such a nice place online!

Best regards, Alex
No more digital. Medium format all the way

preacherman
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 04, 2009 08:39 as a reply to  @ Cross_X's post |  #424

Hi Everyone. My name is Paul. Just treated myself to a Canon 500d and some lens's. Completely new to photography, but want to know everything on day one. I guess it doesn't work that way does it? I can see I will learn much here and am about to start hunting around the site. Glad to be with you all. PAUL

Take care of our world: Good planets are hard to find

Squarerigger
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 06, 2009 09:04 as a reply to  @ preacherman's post |  #425

Hi - I am retired military and a retired magistrate. I started photography in the early 1970's shooting black and white with a Nikon FM. About two years ago, I decided to get into DSLR and purchased a Pentax K200. I am now mentally ready to move up in capability and have been trying to figure out which plateform to go with - Nikon or Canon. I have decided to go with Canon because of the vast selection of lenses. Currently, I am ready to pull the trigger on a 50D and either a EF-S 24-70L or 24-105L. I like to photograph family events and outdoor scenes. I have a new Grandson in upstate New York and he is currently the focus of my attention. My hobbies are photography and sailing 17th century ships. I look forward to soaking up as much knowledge from vast amount of information and improving my skills.

Jeromy
118 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 06, 2009 23:29 as a reply to  @ Squarerigger's post |  #426

Hello all! I am a Nikon shooter currently in the midstream of switching over to canon. I shoot mostly motorsports and wildlife/landscape. I am 31, my job was shipped to Mexico about 2 years ago so I went back to school to switch to a fun career, Photography:) I should graduate in the spring if everything works out well. I have been shooting with a d300 since they were released. I am looking at picking up a 7d in the near future. still researching what glass i should start out with. I am coming from a D300 & 17-55 2.8, 80-200 2.8 screw drive focus, and a 300 f4.

here are a few sample images of my past work, i need to get some of my more recent stuff up.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3308545268_d3c4b19739.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/in/set-72157614405688704  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3631172561_0f28492f90.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/in/set-72157620692536061  (external link)

6D:cool:

Olli
-Mighty Mod-
5,435 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 07, 2009 00:12 |  #427

Welcome all new members. I hope - no, I'm sure you will find POTN both entertaining and educating. :)

Jeromy, love your shot of the trees! Like to see that as a big print on the wall.

My Instagrams (external link)
"The best travel is a leap in the dark. If the destination were familiar and friendly what would be the point in going there?" (Paul Theroux: Dark Star Safari)
Image Posting Rules

ECS
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 09, 2009 12:51 |  #428

Felt this would be a proper first post. Name's Erik and I actually registered here almost a year ago but I was spending most of my time over at Fred Miranda. I am an amateur but it's a passion and if it could be a career at some point I would be very excited for it.

I have a website: www.perpetualaperture.​com (external link). I currently use a gripped Canon 5D classic with a series of lenses. 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 17-40 f/4L, 100 f/2.8 macro & a staple 50 f/1.8.

Canon 5D w/grip
70-200 f/2.8 IS, 17-40 f/4L, 100 f/2.8 macro, 50 f/1.8

tman065
48 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 10, 2009 14:36 |  #429

Hi all,

Bought an XSi this summer, and am still trying to catch up on THAT thread...Only about 35 more pages to go!

This is my 2nd SLR, and my first DSLR. Trying to learn photography and get away from just "taking pictures".

Canon 450D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm, EF 50mm f/1.8

michael.e
29 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 12, 2009 22:34 |  #430

Hey everyone. I'm Michael 19 from New York. I got my Canon T1i for my birthday in September and just experiencing with it. Been taking pictures at car shows, events and such since I am a car fanatic. I need to keep practicing so any tips would be greatful at any time :) This is my first DSLR upgraded from a 7mp camera haha

Gripped 5DMKII, 16-35mm 2.8L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, Speedlite 580EXII
www.michaelelezovic.co​m (external link)
www.facebook.com/mepho​tog (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 13, 2009 11:21 |  #431

michael.e wrote in post #8810722 (external link)
Hey everyone. I'm Michael 19 from New York. I got my Canon T1i for my birthday in September and just experiencing with it. Been taking pictures at car shows, events and such since I am a car fanatic. I need to keep practicing so any tips would be greatful at any time :) This is my first DSLR upgraded from a 7mp camera haha

Hi Michael and all the other newcomers!

There are great resources for learning, both here and throughout the Internet!

Here's a very easy read:

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=414088

Check out the other "Sticky" threads in that section for more.

Check out this easy tutorial on Canon DSLRs:

http://web.canon.jp/im​aging/enjoydslr/index.​html (external link)

Have fun and take pictures -- you learn as you go!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

albasit
35 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 15, 2009 22:18 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #432

Hi everyone ! I'm Albasit from the Land of Oz of Nowhere, hehehe :D Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm an engineer who love photograph. I feel very comfortable with P.O.T.N, you all very nice and friendly. Hope my bad English won't stop me to get friend with you all.
Thank you :)

5D 50 135 24-70

shaytay
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 16, 2009 23:52 |  #433

Hi! My name is Denny...and I am almost overwhelmed by the info in this forum :( I will however learn VERY much info from being a part of it! :) I work in brain injury rehabilitation and am the mother of 2 children aged 14 and 11. My life consists of shift work, photography, my children, photography, my better half...and his 2 children aged 6 and 12...and photography...you get the picture! I am about to turn 33 in a couple of months and my user name was chosen for personal reasons. So...I am saying a great big hello from Alberta Canada, and I am definately looking forward to learning from this site!

4g63
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 21, 2009 12:42 as a reply to  @ post 974094 |  #434

Hello everyone! My name's Joey and i'm from Northridge California. I plan on purchasing my first DSLR camera sometime next year. i know it's a long wait but i just wanted to get my deployment done first. I have been doing a lot of research lately and i have cut down my choices between the Rebel XS and XSi. I cannot decide between the 2 of them. I love cars so this camera will mostly be used on cars. Hopefully the DSLR guru's here can help me decide and acquire the skills to be a photographer.:D

flickr (external link)

eunosben
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 21, 2009 12:59 |  #435

Hi everyone I'm Ben from Derby England. I have recently purchased a 500d and am still getting used to it so my images aren't amazing. Heres a couple of recent shots.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2557/4028823857_42c1df76e7_b.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4029575998_e8839654ec_b.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2524/4028821407_f967321da0_b.jpg

sponsored links

201,430 views & 41 likes for this thread
Member introductions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.