Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 14 Oct 2009 (Wednesday) 08:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LIGHTROOM 2 DOWNLOAD ON EBAY?

Michelle ­ Brooks ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,192 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 14, 2009 08:23 |  #1

I found this on ebay, seller says once pymnt is received ou get a link to download the software. Sound legit? http://cgi.ebay.com …tware?hash=item​35a4322987 (external link)-?

Michelle Brooks Photography (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links
PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 14, 2009 08:32 |  #2

Wat do you think?

Gear List

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 14, 2009 08:46 |  #3

Seller has only been an ebay member since Sept 21 2009, and has bought all 20 of his feedbacks. What a joke. Scary. Run away as fast as you can.

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

Electric ­ Shepherd
997 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 14, 2009 09:10 as a reply to  @ shooterman's post |  #4

Dodgy as hell, stay well clear.

My Gear

My flickr (external link)

TTk
Goldmember
2,518 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 14, 2009 09:22 |  #5

chellyroo wrote in post #8819623 (external link)
I found this on ebay, seller says once pymnt is received ou get a link to download the software. Sound legit? http://cgi.ebay.com …tware?hash=item​35a4322987 (external link)-?

That's like me saying to you, download Lightroom from Adobe and I'll sell you a number, would you?

Terry.:cool:
http://www.terrykirton.co/ (external link)
http://www.ttkphotogra​phy.com/ (external link)
http://www.langtoftpho​tography.com/ (external link)

(external link)

doctorgonzo
217 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 14, 2009 09:38 |  #6

Complete scam. Here, I'll give you the download link for free: http://www.adobe.com/g​o/trylightroom (external link) . That's for the 30-day trial, but all you need to do to use it past 30 days is buy a serial number and type it in.

So essentially, all you are paying him for is a pirated serial number that he generates using one of the many, many serial number generators available on the web for download. Of course, he can not "guarantee" anything about that number, and he especially can't guarantee that Adobe won't revoke your access to Lightroom when they find out you are using a pirated serial number (they can find out, and they do this).

I'll buy anything on eBay except for software. The only problem I've had on eBay is with software. It's pretty much all pirated.

Canon 40D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM — Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 — Canon Speedlite 430EX II A long B&H wish list!
http://www.nathanhunst​ad.com (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,192 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 14, 2009 10:21 as a reply to  @ doctorgonzo's post |  #7

Mama always said, "If it sounds too good...!" Guess I just needed someone(s) to tell me. ;) Oh and thanks for the link, doctorgonzo!

Michelle Brooks Photography (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)
Gear List

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,192 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 14, 2009 10:29 |  #8

oh, how do you "buy a serial number"? Is that something Adobe offers at the end of the trial?

Gear List

e02937
Goldmember
2,714 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 14, 2009 10:30 |  #9

chellyroo wrote in post #8820256 (external link)
oh, how do you "buy a serial number"? Is that something Adobe offers at the end of the trial?

You can buy it from Adobe directly (more expensive) or get it from any retailer you trust (Amazon, etc). If you buy from a retailer they'll send you a box with a code, you can enter that code without having to reinstall.

Canon 7d
[15-85 IS] [70-200
f/4L IS] [I'm a PC]
[Full gear list and feedback]

MetricMeter
22 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 14, 2009 12:01 as a reply to  @ e02937's post |  #10

Has Amazon ever had Lightroom as a goldbox deal for $99?

5D Classic | 50mm f1.8 | 135L | 580EX II

basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 14, 2009 12:04 |  #11

chellyroo wrote in post #8820256 (external link)

You can always click on the link when installing LR2 (next to serial number)

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,192 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 14, 2009 12:04 |  #12

merlin2375 wrote in post #8820266 (external link)
You can buy it from Adobe directly (more expensive) or get it from any retailer you trust (Amazon, etc). If you buy from a retailer they'll send you a box with a code, you can enter that code without having to reinstall.

Please bear with my denseness; so I would just do a search on Amazon for adobe lightroom 2 and purchase the software? If I have downloaded action applications while using the trial, would I lose them? thank you.

Gear List

partsman
210 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 14, 2009 13:45 |  #13

chellyroo wrote in post #8820865 (external link)
Please bear with my denseness; so I would just do a search on Amazon for adobe lightroom 2 and purchase the software? If I have downloaded action applications while using the trial, would I lose them? thank you.

Any presets you've downlaoded or customizing of the program will be retained. Just enter your serial number when the program launches.

Mark
50D l 350D l 70-200L f/2.8 IS l EFS 17-85 f4.0-5.6 l 50 f/1.4 l 430EX

davidcrebelxt
Goldmember
3,016 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 14, 2009 14:06 |  #14

if you are a student, or parent of eligible student, you can get LR for $99

David C.
Equipment: Canon Dig. Rebel XT; 18-55mm EF-S; 28-105mm EF; 50mm 1.8 EF
Sigma ef-500 DG ST, Elements, Gimp, Lightroom
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dcrebelxt (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,192 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 14, 2009 14:38 |  #15

davidcrebelxt wrote in post #8821671 (external link)
if you are a student, or parent of eligible student, you can get LR for $99

I saw that on Adobe & was real excited till I realized the requirements! I don'f fall into either, unfortuantely:cry:

Gear List

sponsored links

4,223 views & 0 likes for this thread
LIGHTROOM 2 DOWNLOAD ON EBAY?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.