Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your camera bag

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 09, 2009 15:43 |  #2461

ChrisMc73 wrote in post #8792077 (external link)
Thats your opinion, I have the logo tattoo'd on my arm...so its worth the extra $ to me.

:shock: Now that's hardcore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gear List

sponsored links
ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 09, 2009 15:53 |  #2462

FLiPMaRC wrote in post #8792193 (external link)
:shock: Now that's hardcore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, so I was kidding about the tattoo, but this guy isnt...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Canonswhitelensesrule
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 11, 2009 15:45 |  #2463

motion_projekt wrote in post #8594466 (external link)
My friend and stellar visual journalist Jamm Aquino used the Vertex 300 to carry a 400 2.8 and other gear. he now uses a ThinkTank AirPort Security v2.0.

http://blogs.starbulle​tin.com …apas-got-a-brand-new-bag/ (external link)

thats his blog post about the LowePro Vertex 300.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll have to check them both out if ever I get the 400 f2.8L I.S. lens.

Photographers do it in 1/1,000th of a second...but the memory lasts forever! ;)
"It's only cheating if you get caught!" - Al Bundy
People who THINK they know it all really annoy those of us who DO!

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 14, 2009 21:08 |  #2464

mufutau55 wrote in post #8778278 (external link)
No problem. It's now In-Transit. I will try and compare it to real Crumpler 7MDH Brown/Green that I have. I ordered the Black and Red of the clone 7MDH which they called Large. Stay tuned.

But this other thread had already reviewed it too, check it out. not bad according to the review for a USD $20 clone bag.
https://photography-on-the.net …?t=523001&highl​ight=versa

Mufutau

Mine came in today. Fast shipping from Canada. Took 5 business days.

Quality wise, compared to my Crumpler 5 MDH, it's very close. The interior and exterior material are very close in quality, if not identical. I also noticed that my Crumpler has a "Made in China" tag inside. So this Crumpler-clone Versa bag may very well have been made in the same factory. Who knows.

And the pics ...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Comes with 6 inserts/dividers.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Here's with the 5 MDH.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Gear List

mufutau55
Goldmember
1,278 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 14, 2009 21:45 |  #2465

Wow! Mine came in too. I ordered 2 of them in Black and Red colors (both have gray interiors), because I already have real Crumpler Olive (exterior)/Green (interior). The color you got looked exactly like the real Crumpler 7MDH that I already have.
The size is exactly as the 7MDH inch for inch. This is a real clone of the Crumpler, very good look alike without the Logo of course.

Quality: My observation is that you can see and feel the Versa Bag that the Crumpler uses a better and thicker material than the Versa Bag. You have to feel the bag for you to know. The seams are not well sewn like the Crumpler. The interior may look like the Crumpler but the cloth inside does not feel the same in my opinion. The shoulder strap is thinner than the Crumpler and the shoulder pad is not as bulky and well padded like the Crumpler.
The dividers inside are a little thinner than the real crumpler. The velcro on the Versa Bag is not as loud and noisy as my real Crumpler; that wakes-up the neighbors anytime I opened it. In my opinion, the wallets and the zippers are the same quality with Crumpler.

Is this bag worth the money?, YES and definetely. It can substituted for the Crumpler if you are short of money but this is not Crumpler.. so do not compare a bag for $25 to the one of $110 at least that was the price when I bought my Crumpler 7MDH at B&H about one year ago.

I love this bag and I will surely carry my backup camera and gears in it. And I am not afraid that it will fall apart with my gears in it because it's well made although once again it's not a Crumpler.

Do I recommend the bag? Yes. And whenever I see that they have the medium (6MDH) or the smaller size (5MDH) of the same Versa Bag, I will surely buy it again.

Hope this helps someone that may be interested.

Mufutau

FLiPMaRC wrote in post #8824021 (external link)
Mine came in today. Fast shipping from Canada. Took 5 business days.

Quality wise, compared to my Crumpler 5 MDH, it's very close. The interior and exterior material are very close in quality, if not identical. I also noticed that my Crumpler has a "Made in China" tag inside. So this Crumpler-clone Versa bag may very well have been made in the same factory. Who knows.

And the pics ...
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 14, 2009 23:19 |  #2466

Doesn't look too bad, but not worth the savings for me to not see that awesome Crumpler logo.

mufutau55
Goldmember
1,278 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 15, 2009 08:23 |  #2467

If I had seen the Versa Bag (Crumpler clone) before I bought the Crumpler, I wouldn't have gotten it. The logo is not worth about $80 to me.. The clone will have served me well.. it's not a bad bag.

Mufutau

ChrisMc73 wrote in post #8824825 (external link)
Doesn't look too bad, but not worth the savings for me to not see that awesome Crumpler logo.

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,646 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 15, 2009 08:46 |  #2468

mufutau55 wrote in post #8826341 (external link)
If I had seen the Versa Bag (Crumpler clone) before I bought the Crumpler, I wouldn't have gotten it. The logo is not worth about $80 to me.. The clone will have served me well.. it's not a bad bag.

Mufutau

I have the medium and large of the 'fake' bags... a friend borrowed a couple of lenses from me on the weekend, stuffed them both in the medium... 48 hours later, he returned them, and commented on how nice the Crumbler is...
he was shocked when I told him how much I paid, and that it wasn't the real thing...
I think he's ordered one now as well...

EOS R / 7D2 / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

mufutau55
Goldmember
1,278 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 15, 2009 08:53 |  #2469

Can you please show me link to where you get the Medium size?
Yes, they are really nice, a very good alternative to Crumplers.
Thanks.

Mufutau

SMP_Homer wrote in post #8826438 (external link)
I have the medium and large of the 'fake' bags... a friend borrowed a couple of lenses from me on the weekend, stuffed them both in the medium... 48 hours later, he returned them, and commented on how nice the Crumbler is...
he was shocked when I told him how much I paid, and that it wasn't the real thing...
I think he's ordered one now as well...

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,646 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 15, 2009 09:36 |  #2470

mufutau55 wrote in post #8826474 (external link)
Thanks.

Mufutau

Medium I got from a Blacks in a local mall (actually had to go to 3 malls to find the bag)... they do show the bag on their website:

http://www.blackphoto.​com …gs/product.jsp?​prdId=6719 (external link)

And if I recall... the bag was $11.99 when I did buy it... looks like it's even cheaper now! I should check local stores to see if they have any more of these!

The medium isn't that great if your camera has a grip. Without the grip, it's great for body-lens, another lens, and a flash...

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 15, 2009 09:58 |  #2471

mufutau55 wrote in post #8824305 (external link)
Wow! Mine came in too. I ordered 2 of them in Black and Red colors (both have gray interiors), because I already have real Crumpler Olive (exterior)/Green (interior). The color you got looked exactly like the real Crumpler 7MDH that I already have.
The size is exactly as the 7MDH inch for inch. This is a real clone of the Crumpler, very good look alike without the Logo of course.

Quality: My observation is that you can see and feel the Versa Bag that the Crumpler uses a better and thicker material than the Versa Bag. You have to feel the bag for you to know. The seams are not well sewn like the Crumpler. The interior may look like the Crumpler but the cloth inside does not feel the same in my opinion. The shoulder strap is thinner than the Crumpler and the shoulder pad is not as bulky and well padded like the Crumpler.
The dividers inside are a little thinner than the real crumpler. The velcro on the Versa Bag is not as loud and noisy as my real Crumpler; that wakes-up the neighbors anytime I opened it. In my opinion, the wallets and the zippers are the same quality with Crumpler.

Is this bag worth the money?, YES and definetely. It can substituted for the Crumpler if you are short of money but this is not Crumpler.. so do not compare a bag for $25 to the one of $110 at least that was the price when I bought my Crumpler 7MDH at B&H about one year ago.

I love this bag and I will surely carry my backup camera and gears in it. And I am not afraid that it will fall apart with my gears in it because it's well made although once again it's not a Crumpler.

Do I recommend the bag? Yes. And whenever I see that they have the medium (6MDH) or the smaller size (5MDH) of the same Versa Bag, I will surely buy it again.

Hope this helps someone that may be interested.

Mufutau

:cool: I think your assessment is more in-depth than mine :lol: I just did a quick visual comparison while I was taking the pictures to post up :o

mufutau55 wrote in post #8826474 (external link)
Thanks.

Mufutau

I think you are more than a bag nut than I am :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just curious ... how many bags do you have? :D

Gear List

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,646 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 15, 2009 10:02 |  #2472

FLiPMaRC wrote in post #8826809 (external link)
:cool: I think your assessment is more in-depth than mine :lol: I just did a quick visual comparison while I was taking the pictures to post up :o

I think you are more than a bag nut than I am :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just curious ... how many bags do you have? :D

Not sure if this was addressed to me, but I want to answer anyways :-)

Lowepro Computrekker
Lowepro Slinghot 200
'Crumpler' Medium and Large
Lowepro something 75 (holster-type - great for a gripped body and big lens)
and that bag that comes with the grip kit... never used it...

My wife says that I do own more bags than she does

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 15, 2009 10:14 |  #2473

Glad you guys are finding ways to save some $ and get a quality bag.

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 15, 2009 10:35 |  #2474

SMP_Homer wrote in post #8826841 (external link)
Not sure if this was addressed to me, but I want to answer anyways :-)

Lowepro Computrekker
Lowepro Slinghot 200
'Crumpler' Medium and Large
Lowepro something 75 (holster-type - great for a gripped body and big lens)
and that bag that comes with the grip kit... never used it...

My wife says that I do own more bags than she does

Fortunately, I can never out do my wife when it comes to bags :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just tell your wife you need a bag for every outfit ... shooting situation :lol:

Gear List

mufutau55
Goldmember
1,278 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 15, 2009 14:40 |  #2475

Thanks for the link. Although the bag is out of stock, I will keep checking for the availability on their site..
Unfortunately we don't have any Blacks store in New York.

Mufutau

SMP_Homer wrote in post #8826677 (external link)
Medium I got from a Blacks in a local mall (actually had to go to 3 malls to find the bag)... they do show the bag on their website:

http://www.blackphoto.​com …gs/product.jsp?​prdId=6719 (external link)

And if I recall... the bag was $11.99 when I did buy it... looks like it's even cheaper now! I should check local stores to see if they have any more of these!

The medium isn't that great if your camera has a grip. Without the grip, it's great for body-lens, another lens, and a flash...

sponsored links

4,749,821 views & 359 likes for this thread
Show me your camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.