Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Oct 2009 (Tuesday) 15:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links (only for non-logged)

5D MK II isn't going anywhere anytime soon

roli_bark
918 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 21, 2009 01:36 |  #16

I wish that a new firmware update will also include the addition of a 720*1280 video mode.

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
9,004 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Oct 21, 2009 01:56 |  #17

Yeah, that would be ideal. Since it's still a long way from being released, maybe Canon is working on that too.

EOS R6 Mark II - Sigma 50/1.4 Art - Sigma 14-24/2.8 Art - Canon EF 70-200/2.8L Mark III - Godox Xpro-C - Godox TT685C x2

Shawnwil
114 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 21, 2009 03:04 as a reply to  @ drisley's post |  #18

I think that Canon is not releasing the 5D III just to spite me. Not that I was going to get a Mark III but when they come out the price on the 5D classic will drop through the floor. If it gets down to $800 or lower I can justify getting one, untill then..... I'll just drool.

Gear List

jeppoy
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 21, 2009 03:16 |  #19

you give 'em a hand....they want the whole arm.........so sad...so so sad........

No I'm not a photographer, I just shoot with Canon DSLR with those lenses with red thingy...;)

www.digital-xpression.com (external link)

Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,868 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 21, 2009 06:05 |  #20

Even if a 5DMKIII came out I'd be still holding onto my 5DMKII, it's an expensive pastime keeping up with the bleeding edge of technology.

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

jeppoy
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 21, 2009 07:03 |  #21

I'm in the point that I want to give it up.......the buying never ends......once you buy one thing it needs another one.......its like buying puzzle pieces. In less than a year I spent $8K+. I just bought a 5D MK2 and yet I have purchased $800 worth af accesories already......so I feel you ConDigital

No I'm not a photographer, I just shoot with Canon DSLR with those lenses with red thingy...;)

Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,868 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 21, 2009 07:09 |  #22

jeppoy wrote in post #8864431 (external link)
I'm in the point that I want to give it up.......the buying never ends......once you buy one thing it needs another one.......its like buying puzzle pieces. In less than a year I spent $8K+. I just bought a 5D MK2 and yet I have purchased $800 worth af accesories already......so I feel you ConDigital

Theres always something more to tempt you. I agree....it's never ending.

By the way, nice pics on your website jeppoy.

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

jeppoy
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 21, 2009 07:23 |  #23

ConDigital wrote in post #8864448 (external link)
Theres always something more to tempt you. I agree....it's never ending.

By the way, nice pics on your website jeppoy.

Thanks ConDigital, by the way those are shot with XSi, I can't imagine how it would be like with the 5DMK2...I feel like a virgin all over again :oops:

natalieegbert
124 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 21, 2009 07:54 |  #24

YAY! Im glad to hear this because Im ordering my 5d mark 2 tomorrow! And I cant wait until it gets here!

Natalie Stegall
Gear: Canon xsi and a 5D mark 2

Dermit
Goldmember
1,815 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 21, 2009 08:53 |  #25

I ordered my 5D MII on Oct 9th and got it on the 16th. Ten minutes after firing it up I realized the big dial on the back did not work (Yes, power switch was on to enable it) for setting EC and aperture in manual mode, etc. So I packed it up and sent it back Monday (19th) :( My replacement should be here in about two weeks. Patience. Must be patient.

5DmkII, 5DmkIII, 5DS R, 15mm, 16-35 f/2.8 II L, 100 Macro f/2.8 L, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 85 f/1.8, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX
http://www.pixelcraftp​hoto.com (external link)

jeppoy
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 21, 2009 08:59 |  #26

i'm crossing my fingers........since mine is coming straight from the factory...............

sponsored links (only for non-logged)

3,012 views & 0 likes for this thread, 18 members have posted to it.
5D MK II isn't going anywhere anytime soon
FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Forums   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset   •  Home

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.