Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!

this thread is locked
inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 19, 2009 16:13 |  #2836

Thanks Jon. I have one more for her that I'll finish up tonight. Then, onto the rest of them, for Reagan and the design team. Tons of images, from this set, but, well worth the intro. into Atlanta.

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

sponsored links
sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 19, 2009 17:55 |  #2837

Oh man, I'm now the proud owner of TWO 35L's. I had one on order from TheCameraStore, but after two weeks of waiting, I cancelled my order last night because I found one yesterday on the buy/sell FM forum, and purchased it for a really good price. NOW, my used one has already been paid for and shipped, and then 5 minutes ago I received a tracking email from TheCameraStore for my cancelled order!! I guess I'll have the opportunity to choose the best of the two, and then sell the other one... hopefully I can break even.

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

cicopo
Goldmember
3,494 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 19, 2009 17:58 |  #2838

Here's a pair from my stepdaughter's wedding 2 weeks ago. I'm not much at people photography but she wanted me as the back up photographer. I bought CS4 over the summer & have been learning the RAW conversion it uses rather than DPP and I'm very pleased with my early result. Now all I have to do is learn all the other functions.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Byte size: ZERO

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

cicopo
Goldmember
3,494 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 19, 2009 18:00 |  #2839

The Camera Store has a 14 day return policy (going from memory of my orders with them).

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 19, 2009 20:34 |  #2840

cicopo wrote in post #8853451 (external link)
The Camera Store has a 14 day return policy (going from memory of my orders with them).

Yeah, plus a restocking fee. I'll call them tomorrow and see what that will be...

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

sidg
318 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 20, 2009 20:36 as a reply to  @ sheawyatt's post |  #2841

While I'm waiting for my 1Ds II to arrive I've managed to read through about 95 % of this thread. (ok, I was a bit bored and really didn't want to do the yard work that needed to be done yesterday on my day off) While I was reading I kept wondering what I'm going to need to go with my 1Ds II. Not lenses I've got enough L to take care of that right now, but other accessories?
What have you found that you needed to go with your 1Ds II that you couldn't live without now? I know this is going to cost me more money but I keep telling myself I got a good deal so have some money still to spend :).

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 20, 2009 20:40 |  #2842

Light. ;)

Nice shots, cicopo...lovely wedding, it seems. :)

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

TheHoff
THREAD ­ STARTER
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 20, 2009 20:43 |  #2843

Extra batteries... L-bracket for tripod... Domke strap. Those are the things I get with any new body.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

M3Rocket
580 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 20, 2009 22:45 |  #2844

sidg wrote in post #8862113 (external link)
While I'm waiting for my 1Ds II to arrive I've managed to read through about 95 % of this thread. (ok, I was a bit bored and really didn't want to do the yard work that needed to be done yesterday on my day off) While I was reading I kept wondering what I'm going to need to go with my 1Ds II. Not lenses I've got enough L to take care of that right now, but other accessories?
What have you found that you needed to go with your 1Ds II that you couldn't live without now? I know this is going to cost me more money but I keep telling myself I got a good deal so have some money still to spend :).

Relatively cheap minor "upgrade": Replace the stock screen with the EC-CIV screen. Also, a new third party battery with higher capacity (lasts longer) like the Delkin.

iLUKphotography (external link)

Chosenbydestiny
I somehow feel enlightened now
593 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 20, 2009 23:01 |  #2845

Do any of you guys know if the 1ds II will take SDHC cards? I have an 8 gig sandisk extreme III laying around and I forgot where the cut off was where cameras weren't taking too kindly to the technology, hehe.

- Ryan, photographer/videograp​her
Bodies: Canon 1D mark III, 5D Mark III, 5D classic, 6D, 7D, and 60D. Lenses: Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, 24mm f/1.4L II USM, 85mm f/1.2L II USM, 135 f/2L USM, some L zooms, lots of lighting equipment and video support systems Facebook (external link)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 20, 2009 23:42 |  #2846

Chosenbydestiny wrote in post #8862978 (external link)
Do any of you guys know if the 1ds II will take SDHC cards? I have an 8 gig sandisk extreme III laying around and I forgot where the cut off was where cameras weren't taking too kindly to the technology, hehe.

So long as you have the latest firmware update; ver 1.1.6, you'll be fine with those cards.

http://www.canon.ca …index-customersupport.asp (external link)

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

cicopo
Goldmember
3,494 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 21, 2009 09:56 |  #2847

A question re the first wedding shot. Do you think I've over done the sky? It was blue, but I've puller it up to be a bit brighter using the graduated filter, and it seems to draw the eye away from the bride & groom. In the original the sky is a bit dull, so maybe I need to just bring it up enough to see some blue vs it being blue.

Re accessories I have an L bracket which not only protects the tripod thread from getting stripped eventually but protects the camera when set down on 2 faces, extra batteries, and a Chinese shutter cable. I also have a nice fitting Lowepro pouch that the body fits into for travel (if I pack it in my carry on, rather than my camera bag). I have a CF monopod which I use for certain occasions such as parades, which both holds the weight while waiting, and allows raising the camera up high to shoot at eye level on some floats. or down into a dance group etc.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 21, 2009 10:09 |  #2848

cicopo wrote in post #8865249 (external link)
A question re the first wedding shot. Do you think I've over done the sky? It was blue, but I've puller it up to be a bit brighter using the graduated filter, and it seems to draw the eye away from the bride & groom. In the original the sky is a bit dull, so maybe I need to just bring it up enough to see some blue vs it being blue.

I don't find the color of the sky to be so off one way or the other as to be anywhere near as noticeable that the shot has the happy couple posing for someone else which kind of reduces the worth of that shot....sorry if that sounds mean. :o

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

cicopo
Goldmember
3,494 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 21, 2009 11:37 |  #2849

They are posing for the pro who was paid a bit more than I think he was worth, (like at least double) and who didn't like anyone in the same area as he was. He was shooting with 2 1D3's and a couple of short non Canon primes which kept him right in front of them the majority of the time. It was almost impossible to shoot them straight on, and in actual fact I was the one who staged the set of photos at the arbor, but since he was the paid pro he decided to push his way in as though it was his duty. When the wedding ended they all marched into the building, and the pro was content to leave it at that, but I wasn't so I had them come back outside before either the light faded, or it rained, which was the main weather forecast for that WEEK. We got lucky & it held off for a couple of hours until dark, but it did come down very heavily later.
I get to see just how the pro did in a few days, but I know the stepdaughter isn't too happy with the samples she's seen. He wanted to just take photos on the fly as an observer & had no intentions of staging pose style photos even though he had been told she wanted several. His people skills need a lot of work, because his frustration came out several times when asked for family photos of the different groups she wanted taken as groups. I understand that the paid pro needs room & control, but they also need to do as asked by the person paying the bill if at all possible, and be polite about it. This is the first pro I've met that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

cicopo
Goldmember
3,494 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 21, 2009 11:46 |  #2850

This really doesn't belong here but I'm not getting much help in the right area so is anyone here using an Epson R2880 or one of it's predecessors as their photo printer? I'm in the market for a dedicated photo printer & this is the one at the top of my list right now. I was using an HP 1000 for many years but it's now having several issues, so I bought an Epson Artisan 800 as my business "all in one" but I far from satisfied with the photos from it compared to what I've seen from the R2880. It does fine for insurance appraisal photos or a few job photos a customer may request while I'm restoring their car but that's about it. Compared to what I could do in my darkroom years ago I think I need a dedicated photo printer & higher grade paper than I've been using.

sponsored links

1,344,206 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.