Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!

this thread is locked
M3Rocket
580 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 24, 2009 04:47 |  #2896

Thanx for the compliments guys! I'm really digging the results from the LR3 beta.

m00g: $2400 isn't a bad deal with 14K. But you should be able to do better here in the Buy/Sell forum or on FM. If you're patient, you should be able to get one for around $2000 to $2200.

This one on POTN sold for $2199 a month ago with 2000 shutter actuations: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=754071

iLUKphotography (external link)

sponsored links
TheHoff
THREAD ­ STARTER
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 24, 2009 07:44 |  #2897

Welcome new 1DS2ers!

Right on, you can get them cheaper than that. And don't be concerned about the low shutter counts -- the 1DS series are often studio cameras and may only get a few dozen clicks per session; unlike a machine-gunning sports 1D model.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 24, 2009 08:30 |  #2898

m00g wrote in post #8884314 (external link)
I can purchase one with 14k on the shutter ("According to the EXIF") for USD$2400 from a reputable (100% feedback, red star) ebay seller.

Is this a good deal? Should I be wary about the low shutter count (being incorrect from EXIF and not Cancount)?

Any advice would be most appreciated!!!

I have looked at a couple of raw images from my own files, checking them on Canon's DPP 3.2 software and on Photoshop's Camera Raw 5.4 software exif viewers and neither of them give this data as to shutter count so, I'm not sure if your seller isn't either mis-speaking or being dishonest, regardless of their stellar ebay rep.

The 1D Count software is the only program I have seen that gives this info accurately, assuming the camera is still on its first shutter; IE no repairs.

And as others here have said, you can probably do better on the price elsewhere.

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

TheHoff
THREAD ­ STARTER
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 24, 2009 08:41 |  #2899

Hi GFM, I've seen Photoshop's File Info give the shutter count for the Mark IIs. It doesn't work for Mk3 though.

Of course it is hard to get 100k actuations on a camera without getting some marks on it so the overall condition should tell you how much wear it has had. and if it was only a studio tripod camera and it did get 100k shots on it, I'd still probably rather have that one that spent its life indoors than one that has 20k but has been around the world.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 24, 2009 08:44 |  #2900

TheHoff wrote in post #8885308 (external link)
Hi GFM, I've seen Photoshop's File Info give the shutter count for the Mark IIs. It doesn't work for Mk3 though.

Of course it is hard to get 100k actuations on a camera without getting some marks on it so the overall condition should tell you how much wear it has had. and if it was only a studio tripod camera and it did get 100k shots on it, I'd still probably rather have that one that spent its life indoors than one that has 20k but has been around the world.

Which version of Photoshop?

I'm using CS4 and checked through all the tabs of their file info viewer and it doesn't show?

Cheers!

TheHoff
THREAD ­ STARTER
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 24, 2009 08:47 |  #2901

CS4; I just opened a CR2, hit File Info > Raw Data

<aux:ImageNumber>50020</aux:ImageNumber>

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 24, 2009 08:59 |  #2902

TheHoff wrote in post #8885327 (external link)
CS4; I just opened a CR2, hit File Info > Raw Data

<aux:ImageNumber>50020</aux:ImageNumber>

You're right again!

I didn't scroll down far enough on that tab to see it there! I also didn't know to look for it as an "aux:image number"! :oops:

Thanks again.

Cheers!

sidg
314 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 24, 2009 09:30 as a reply to  @ The Ghost of FM's post |  #2903

As one of the newer members to join this group I thought it might be helpful to give a ball park of the price these can be found at. I got mine off e-bay and had a 10% e-bay coupon so that my final price with shipping was enough under $2000 that I have some room for accessories :). I got a good condition, some body wear, camera that had recently been sent in to be cleaned and shows 18,000 clicks (according to the utility found in this thread).
Sorry for those of you who paid significantly higher over the last year but good deals can be found. I've waited and watched for almost 2 months before I finally got one that came in under my max. bid. I haven't seen many come in this low on e-bay and I would have been willing to pay higher if one had come up here that wasn't snatched up before I had a chance.
For those of you looking, keep at it. I have a feeling that this will be a great addition to this ever growing hobby and be with me for a long time to come.

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 24, 2009 11:33 |  #2904
bannedPermanent ban

Guess who picked up a Zeiss 50mm today :D Maybe picking up a Zeiss 80mm tomorrow :D

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

TheHoff
THREAD ­ STARTER
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 24, 2009 11:35 |  #2905

AudibleSilence wrote in post #8885982 (external link)
Guess who picked up a Zeiss 50mm today

Checked my bag... it wasn't me. Was it you??

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 24, 2009 11:38 |  #2906
bannedPermanent ban

TheHoff wrote in post #8885988 (external link)
Checked my bag... it wasn't me. Was it you??

Yessir! Zeiss 50mm f/1.7, tomorrow I get the 80mm f/2. Oh the fun i am going to have!

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 24, 2009 17:36 as a reply to  @ MichaelBernard's post |  #2907

Congrats on the new lens, Mike! ;)

The weather around here has been too wet and windy to make it very inviting to go out and do much shooting so I spent some time looking through my last walkabout through the park and came across this one, which didn't have much in the way of fall color to it but a nice scene all the same, I think.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i66.photobucket​.com …efontmeister/VV​4G6504.jpg (external link)

Cheers!

zincozinco
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 24, 2009 19:49 |  #2908

M3Rocket wrote in post #8882343 (external link)
Was messing with the beta of Lightroom 3 and just processed a photo from Yosemite from last weekend. I'm impressed not only with the new sharpening and noise reduction of LR3, but the amount of detail coming out of the 1Ds II files.

This photo was originally shot with an EV of -1.5 to prevent the highlights from blowing out (EXIF included). The file came straight out of LR3 without any PhotoChopping. What do you think?

nice . eventhough i dont like light room at all :)

inthedeck wrote in post #8877296 (external link)
Here's one more, from the trip to Atlanta from a couple of weekends ago. I'm open to discussion/critique/et​c. ;)

L O V E

sidg wrote in post #8883236 (external link)
Just got my new 1Ds II unpacked, charged, and a few quick shots taken of friends at dinner. And all can say is WOW!
It will take a bit to learn all the ins and outs of operating the camera going from my 40D but it feels like I'll catch on fairly quick.
This thread is tack sharp when it comes to praising the feel and output of this camera. Thanks everyone for selling me on this camera! I can tell I'm not going to regret this one.

Welcome

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 24, 2009 21:27 |  #2909

Bought mine about a month ago
5D2 was nice, but its not a pro body, and for weddings, the 1d AF was a must
As was the weather sealing
I just spent 30 minutes in the pouring rain shooting an outdoor wedding, while everyone else was under umbrellas. And my camera was Soaked and it worked perfectly!
the 40D I had on my side got wet, but i didnt use it, and if I had a 5D2 I would probably not have a working camera.

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 25, 2009 17:35 |  #2910
bannedPermanent ban

Welcome Scoob, and yes this is why I chose the 1d series myself :) So....pics of your Scoob?

sponsored links

1,329,196 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.