Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 16 Sep 2009 (Wednesday) 01:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN Aussie Club #7 - Feng, where's my invoice?

this thread is locked
JustinLawrence
Goldmember
2,497 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 26, 2009 21:18 |  #3016

Boucher wrote in post #8900596 (external link)
Hey everybody.

as usual, long time no see.

I started having an issue with my iphone about 4 weeks ago, in that when 3G was turned on in the options, the phone would not load data/make calls or anything. However when 3G was turned off and edge was in use, I could load data and everything.

So I send my iphone away to optus, it's been 2 weeks and they say they have a quote for me. They want $350 to repair or $50 to cancel because it apparently has water damage. But I know for fact that my phone hasn't come in contact with water for atleast 3 months. I dropped it in the snow once. but quickly brushed it all off and pocketed it. (It worked fine from that point on up until 4 weeks ago)

I know water can damage the phone after a while if there is still water in there, but I really get the feeling that maybe the 2 problems are totally seperate problems, like the little water damage indicator got wet from the snow and the reception issue is just completely different..

So pretty much I have to pay $350 for the phone to be fixed, when I don't actually know for sure whether it was the water that caused the damage.. and they won't fix it for free because it has apparently been "wet"..

So yeah, just had to vent a little..

That sucks Boucher. life is tough like that sometimes.
The left ear piece in my bose quietcomfort 3 headphones stopped working after 1.5 years. turns out many many people have had the same problem, so basically a design fault and yet i have to pay to get it repaired, no discount offered ;(

Justin

Gear List

sponsored links
alexanderGARDNER
Goldmember
3,540 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 26, 2009 21:22 |  #3017

coalcliff wrote in post #8900504 (external link)
and if you read the fine print

"433 MHz units sold in Europe and other parts of the world are not greatly impacted by RF interference."

BTW I love the amount of detail dragon image gives in relation to their 1200 Watt portable strobe... do they actually sell any?

I've seen 2! The biggest issue with retailers importing Chinese produced units is the complete lack of support from the factory.

ALEXANDER GARDNER
PHOTOGRAPHER - MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

alexanderGARDNER Blog! (external link)
alexanderGARDNER Photography FB Fanpage (external link)

ed.
Goldmember
2,978 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2009 21:26 |  #3018

Hey everybody.

I started having an issue with my iphone about 4 weeks ago, in that when 3G was turned on in the options, the phone would not load data/make calls or anything. However when 3G was turned off and edge was in use, I could load data and everything.

So I send my iphone away to optus, it's been 2 weeks and they say they have a quote for me. They want $350 to repair or $50 to cancel because it apparently has water damage. But I know for fact that my phone hasn't come in contact with water for atleast 3 months. I dropped it in the snow once. but quickly brushed it all off and pocketed it. (It worked fine from that point on up until 4 weeks ago)

I know water can damage the phone after a while if there is still water in there, but I really get the feeling that maybe the 2 problems are totally seperate problems, like the little water damage indicator got wet from the snow and the reception issue is just completely different..

So pretty much I have to pay $350 for the phone to be fixed, when I don't actually know for sure whether it was the water that caused the damage.. and they won't fix it for free because it has apparently been "wet"..

Apple store will replace it for $250 :)

http://www.edwardhor.c​om (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/edwardhor/ (external link)
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/EdwardHor (external link)
http://www.twitter.com​/edwardhor (external link)
justAL: PIxel peeping is what separates the men from the boys!

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Oct 26, 2009 21:48 |  #3019
bannedPermanent ban

If it's been wet enough to change the colour of the moisture sensor, they've got you, I'm afraid.

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Oct 26, 2009 21:49 |  #3020
bannedPermanent ban

justAL wrote in post #8900809 (external link)
I've seen 2!

I saw one, on Saturday, but didn't really have much of a look at it. Should have.

(Stupid multi-post isn't working for me, I'm not just doing this to get my post-count up...)

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

Boucher
Goldmember
1,455 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 26, 2009 22:03 |  #3021

ed. wrote in post #8900844 (external link)
Apple store will replace it for $250 :)

So how does this work then? might as well spend less and replace it then, give optus some money to fix it..

The thing I don't get is that they quoted me $350 to either replace or fix it. Like they'll take my money and then decide what to do, rather then quote me two separate prices to replace or fix.. just seems dodgey to me.

anyway, I'll just have to go in tomorrow and sort something out.

Josh Boucher | Flickr (external link) | DeviantArt (external link)
Gear List

charlieharper
Goldmember
1,583 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 26, 2009 22:06 |  #3022

I'm really interested, but just as lazy !!

Just organise it and tell me where to send the $$'s :razz::razz:

Austen.

I just want to take nice photographs of people.
My SmugMug pages. (external link)

ed.
Goldmember
2,978 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2009 22:51 |  #3023

Boucher wrote in post #8901054 (external link)
So how does this work then? might as well spend less and replace it then, give optus some money to fix it..

The thing I don't get is that they quoted me $350 to either replace or fix it. Like they'll take my money and then decide what to do, rather then quote me two separate prices to replace or fix.. just seems dodgey to me.

anyway, I'll just have to go in tomorrow and sort something out.

bring it in to apple store.

JustinLawrence
Goldmember
2,497 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 26, 2009 22:51 |  #3024

some tax. playing with home studio set up. i think for more than one person a 3rd flash used for fill would work much better than a reflector. i dont know, this stuff is hard! esp trying to get a white background with a crappy 430EX lol

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Justin

Gear List

ed.
Goldmember
2,978 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2009 22:56 |  #3025

JustinLawrence wrote in post #8901312 (external link)
some tax. playing with home studio set up. i think for more than one person a 3rd flash used for fill would work much better than a reflector. i dont know, this stuff is hard! esp trying to get a white background with a crappy 430EX lol
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Shadows look alright to me.

antiskeptic87
835 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 26, 2009 23:08 |  #3026

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Nice! Did you get the background this beautiful and white in PP or was it all using your lighting?
I've got a reeeeeeeally dodgy setup at home (2x soft boxes and a 430ex) and am trying to find a way to make my background pop more in pp.. it's kind of a soft white at the moment.
Even had my boyfriend steal a couple of fluros from work (he's an electrician) to hang right near the backdrop but still doesn't do it justice :/

Krystle - Flickr (external link)

GEAR LIST: Bodies: 5D Mark II, 7D, 400D, Lenses: 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, 50mm f/1.8 II, 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, Sigma 30mm f1.4, 430EX II

Collin85
Cream of the Crop
8,164 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 26, 2009 23:56 |  #3027

Nice shot Justin.

Col | Flickr (external link)

Sony A7 + Leica 50 Lux ASPH, Oly E-M5 + 12/2
Canon 5D3, 16-35L, 50L, 85L, 135L

Collin85
Cream of the Crop
8,164 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 26, 2009 23:56 |  #3028

Hey everybody.

hey boucher.

alexanderGARDNER
Goldmember
3,540 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 27, 2009 00:22 |  #3029

Nothing crappy about the 430 at all. For it's price and size it a consistent little pocket rocket.

ALEXANDER GARDNER
PHOTOGRAPHER - MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

alexanderGARDNER Blog! (external link)
alexanderGARDNER Photography FB Fanpage (external link)

Collin85
Cream of the Crop
8,164 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 27, 2009 00:32 |  #3030

justAL wrote in post #8901770 (external link)
Nothing crappy about the 430 at all. For it's price and size it a consistent little pocket rocket.

Yep. ;)

sponsored links

391,954 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN Aussie Club #7 - Feng, where's my invoice?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.