Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Oct 2009 (Tuesday) 00:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official: Canon 1D Mk IV

GBRandy
Goldmember
1,935 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 27, 2009 13:22 |  #391

SlvrScoobie wrote in post #8904618 (external link)
I have em, but i cant display them anywhere, and you cant convert them with anything ive tried
thats why i went back and shot jpgs
http://www.flickr.com …e/sets/72157622​649772276/ (external link) linky to jpgs
if you want i can put up raws but youll only be able to open the embedded jpgs in dpp 3.7, and nothing in ACR 5.5

That 25600 ISO shot looks might nice for a Jpg. But kinda small for assessment.

I forgot about the file conversion limitations.....Have you tried converting using Aperture?

GBRandy
---------------
GearList | Nikon 1977 - 2007 |

sponsored links
radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 27, 2009 13:24 |  #392
bannedPermanent ban

PIXmantra wrote in post #8904610 (external link)
...And your off-topic drifting are shown here (which, for some strange reasons) you just forgot about:

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=8903228&pos​tcount=379

In short: you have self-proclaimed yourself as a God... in an EOS 1D Mark IV thread (!?) I wonder what type of discussions can you really enable / support here, especially when YOU ARE NOT A CANON USER.

Instead, you are a passive aggressor with a pre-set agenda and specific goals, who seems to mostly speak about his Nikon gear... in an all-round, heavy-metal Canon forum. What exactly are you expecting? :lol:

You may want to play games (hide-and-seek) with some folks around here... but not with me. I know exactly what you are doing and why you are here, and what your goal is. :cool:

And please, don't make me refresh your rather volatile memory with more posts of yours, as well as your most recent examples of passive aggression and ad-hominem discrediting efforts. You just hit a 2m-thick concrete wall.

Love,

PIX

Are you flirting with me now?

That's really sweet of you. But no thanks. You're now on my ignore list.

Guy Collier Photography - Documentary Wedding Photographer (external link)
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
"It's no good saying "hold it" to a moment in real life." - Lord Snowdon
My kit

radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 27, 2009 13:25 |  #393
bannedPermanent ban

SlvrScoobie wrote in post #8904618 (external link)
I have em, but i cant display them anywhere, and you cant convert them with anything ive tried
thats why i went back and shot jpgs
http://www.flickr.com …e/sets/72157622​649772276/ (external link) linky to jpgs
if you want i can put up raws but youll only be able to open the embedded jpgs in dpp 3.7, and nothing in ACR 5.5

You can't convert to DNG anywhere?

"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
My kit

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2009 13:37 |  #394

radiohead wrote in post #8904696 (external link)
You can't convert to DNG anywhere?

nope, CS4 just says the file type is not valid
i dont have aperture, but DPP 3.7 shows the jpgs but when you try to save it out, says something about only jpg files can be saved out...
like i said, i can post em up if you want to try, but i think the new sensor has a lot of new background stuff going on the current raw software doesnt know what to do with
(32 bit metadata i think is on of the issues, which is why the 102,400 ISO shows as 65365, as thats the highest number in a 16 bit data set...)

radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 27, 2009 13:45 |  #395
bannedPermanent ban

SlvrScoobie wrote in post #8904761 (external link)
i dont have aperture, but DPP 3.7 shows the jpgs but when you try to save it out, says something about only jpg files can be saved out...
like i said, i can post em up if you want to try, but i think the new sensor has a lot of new background stuff going on the current raw software doesnt know what to do with
(32 bit metadata i think is on of the issues, which is why the 102,400 ISO shows as 65365, as thats the highest number in a 16 bit data set...)

Just thinking aloud really - wondering if any tags can be hacked to fool software into thinking it's a 1D3, say.

My kit

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 27, 2009 13:46 |  #396

SlvrScoobie wrote in post #8904761 (external link)

Have you tried the very-recent DPP 3.7.2 update?

Some Canon stuff and a little bit of Yongnuo.
http://www.pbase.com/s​tsva/profile (external link)
Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
٩ Breeders Club https://photography-on-the.net …=744235&highlig​ht=hamsttr Join today!
Image Editing OK

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2009 13:48 |  #397

radiohead wrote in post #8904799 (external link)
Just thinking aloud really - wondering if any tags can be hacked to fool software into thinking it's a 1D3, say.

Well i would imagine that with a hex editor you could edit the data to say it was coming from a 1d III but i think much like jpgs being viewable when theyre names .tiff, its not a matter of a correctly matching file name / camera tag, as the image data is out of order from what it can deal with and the software not knowing what to do with the data its presented with

Thalagyrt
THREAD ­ STARTER
D'OH. I need to wake up some more.
4,816 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 27, 2009 13:49 |  #398

PIXmantra wrote in post #8904610 (external link)
...And your off-topic drifting are shown here (which, for some strange reasons) you just forgot about:

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=8903228&pos​tcount=379

In short: you have self-proclaimed yourself as a God... in an EOS 1D Mark IV thread (!?) I wonder what type of discussions can you really enable / support here, especially when YOU ARE NOT A CANON USER.

Instead, you are a passive aggressor with a pre-set agenda and specific goals, who seems to mostly speak about his Nikon gear... in an all-round, heavy-metal Canon forum. What exactly are you expecting? :lol:

You may want to play games (hide-and-seek) with some folks around here... but not with me. I know exactly what you are doing and why you are here, and what your goal is. :cool:

And please, don't make me refresh your rather volatile memory with more posts of yours, as well as your most recent examples of passive aggression and ad-hominem discrediting efforts. You just hit a 2m-thick concrete wall.

Love,

PIX

Please, when you're going to be childish, which you are pretty much all the time, at least fact check. He never proclaimed himself god. He asked if you were a full time photographer, you said no, and he said 'As I thought.' and then someone ELSE jokingly said "So you are God then!" at which point you again attacked him, saying "God of Insects."

Congratulations on being the first person to make my ignore list.

Oh and with regards to what kind of bias to expect when you have a conversation about a new camera with people who shoot different brands? A neutrally biased conversation. One that actually has viewpoints from people who shoot other gear. It's called a constructive discussion because feedback comes from both points of view, and can help accentuate the strengths/weaknesses of a new product.

James

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2009 13:49 |  #399

stsva wrote in post #8904810 (external link)
Have you tried the very-recent DPP 3.7.2 update?

I downloaded the newest one from canon on thursday night
is it more recent than that?

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 27, 2009 13:50 |  #400

SlvrScoobie wrote in post #8904836 (external link)
I downloaded the newest one from canon on thursday night
is it more recent than that?

Afraid not - I guess we'll have to wait for RAW support.

Some Canon stuff and a little bit of Yongnuo.
http://www.pbase.com/s​tsva/profile (external link)
Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
٩ Breeders Club https://photography-on-the.net …=744235&highlig​ht=hamsttr Join today!
Image Editing OK

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2009 13:53 |  #401

i wonder if maybe the ADC is like 15 bits natively (to get the 12800 iso) or something silly like that, and thats why the current software wont work
but im not sure if anyones seem the bit depth of the new sensor reported yet and if its the same as the current 1d then that blows my theory out of the water

radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 27, 2009 13:56 |  #402
bannedPermanent ban

Possible - I'll bet that Adobe get support out before Apple though.

Phase One are usually pretty fast as well.

My kit

PIXmantra
Goldmember
1,193 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 27, 2009 15:16 |  #403

Funny...

Thalagyrt wrote in post #8904834 (external link)
Please, when you're going to be childish, which you are pretty much all the time (...)

...Sounds like you are resorting exactly to what you are complaining: another ad-hominem attack, and right at the opening. Pretty normal, nowadays, though. :D

, at least fact check. He never proclaimed himself god.

...Seems like the posts above, as well as the subsequent answers suggest the opposite...

He asked if you were a full time photographer, you said no, and he said 'As I thought.'

...Only a four-years-old would miss the true intention of such question... or are you missing it? :D

Oh and with regards to what kind of bias to expect when you have a conversation about a new camera with people who shoot different brands? A neutrally biased conversation.

Correct... as long as it is on topic, though. What you describe above sounds to me like an artificial construct to become part of a conversion... in which you (generally speaking) don't really have any part, though. That's how it looks and smells, though.

PIX

Click here for FlexNR-Professional Noise Reduction for EOS 1D3
CPS Member/ 2x1DMKIII/ 70D/ Pentax MX
300mm f/2.8 L II IS/ 24mm f/1.4 L II/ 35mm f/2.0 IS/ 17-40 f/4 L/ 24-105 f/4 L IS / 70-200 f/4 L IS
270EX/ 580EX/ 580EX II/ ST-E2/ CP-E3
HP Z800 x2 XEON, x12 Core/ EIZO CG241W/ Viewsonic VP930b

Thalagyrt
THREAD ­ STARTER
D'OH. I need to wake up some more.
4,816 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 27, 2009 15:23 |  #404

PIXmantra wrote in post #8905415 (external link)
...Sounds like you are resorting exactly to what you are complaining: another ad-hominem attack, and right at the opening. Pretty normal, nowadays, though. :D

...Seems like the posts above, as well as the subsequent answers suggest the opposite...

...Only a four-years-old would miss the true intention of such question... or are you missing it? :D

Correct... as long as it is on topic, though. What you describe above sounds to me like an artificial construct to become part of a conversion... in which you (generally speaking) don't really have any part, though. That's how it looks and smells, though.

PIX

So it's okay for you to make ad-hominem attacks left and right, but the second someone makes one toward you you start crying foul about it? Hypocrite.

I'm not missing anything. Have you read the whole thread? It seems not. I have. Since post 1 even, which was my post.

I've brought more constructive conversation to this thread than you have in your 3 or 4 posts in it.

James

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,729 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 27, 2009 15:29 |  #405

Group hug time...:lol:

sponsored links

1,135,667 views & 6 likes for this thread
Official: Canon 1D Mk IV
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.