Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Nov 2009 (Monday) 10:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sadorama: A Customer Service Story

Exposure101
555 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 09, 2009 16:41 |  #16

givtu wrote in post #8984360 (external link)
+++1
I wouldn't care if it took a month to fix the situation, but don't say you'll call me back right away then don't call at all, or say you're shipping something and then a week later it hasn't left your dock, or say you're going to email with a tracking number, then don't do it. It's not good business. Keep your customer in the loop and don't make them call back multiple times to find out what, if anything, is going on.

That said, Adorama just sent me an email with a tracking number for 2 reflectors that will fit the grids I purchased from them. If Helen had anything to do with that, then many thanks and may the light gods be kind to you forever. Thanks very much.

Yeah that's true too. It really irks me when people (in general) say they will call you back and don't. It's like you don't want to keep calling back yet you need an answer so you keep on waiting not knowing what's going on. With that said, the issue was resolved amicably so everything is good. I've purchased from Adorama before and everything has been pleasant so they get a thumbs up in my book.

sponsored links
givtu
THREAD ­ STARTER
131 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 09, 2009 17:42 as a reply to  @ Exposure101's post |  #17

Thanks again, Helen. Your customer service rep may have dropped the ball, but you picked it up and ran it in for a touchdown. Kudos.

2 X Canon 5D Mk II
Canon 70-200mm f/4L, 70-200mm f/2.8L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 35mm f/1.4L, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, Sigma 15mm fisheye
www.garvinworks.com (external link)
www.elementimage.com (external link)

frankdatank
316 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 09, 2009 18:37 |  #18

With my experience, I DO NOT think B&H can do a whole lot better in this situation. At least you got super CS Helen around here to help when there is a 'situation critical'.

The only way to avoid snafu like this is to GO TO A BRICK & MORTAR store, there you will get instant gratifications.

Frank..............Vic​toria, BC, Canada

Canon 7D2, M3, M5, 16-35L f4 IS, 100-400L IS II, 500/4L IS II, 1.4X III, EF-M 18-150 IS, 580EX III, Gitzo 3, Jobu Blackwidow Light. Sirui P-326 monopod, Sirui G-10 mini ballhead.
+++Moving more and more over to EF-M geriatric gears+++

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 10, 2009 05:45 |  #19

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

frankdatank wrote in post #8986083 (external link)
.......At least you got super CS Helen around here to help when there is a 'situation critical'.

In truth, I can't really take the credit for identifying the problem with the fit or getting the replacements shipped out:oops:; that was down to the Flashpoint buyer, so I've passed all the feedback onto him.

-g-
Horribly disfigured but learning to cope
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 10, 2009 12:42 |  #20

HelenOster wrote in post #8985143 (external link)
Yes, there is no doubt that on this occasion that Adorama botched it,

It takes a real man to admit his error! :lol:

Flickr (external link)--------------- Facebook (external link)--------------- Web (external link)--------------- Twitter (external link)
GENO.CA - Vancouver wedding photographer

M3Rocket
580 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Nov 10, 2009 13:42 |  #21

Every company, no matter how great, will screw up from time to time. What separates the great from the terrible is how they deal with those problems. I hope that our apology is accepted in the spirit in which it is made.

Another happy ending co-written by Helen. Maybe the OP can change the title of the thread? :cool:

iLUKphotography (external link)

emilysium
242 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 10, 2009 14:25 |  #22

Todd Lambert wrote in post #8983119 (external link)
Try using a paragraph every now and then. It might not help with your issue but it will certainly help with other being able to read your post.

Thanks and good luck.

Hey, those are perfectly legitimate paragraphs!

Sorry, I write for my college paper, and it always bothers me how we're supposed to write in such short paragraphs, drives me absolutely insane. I extrapolate that out and assume that short paragraphs are detrimental to society because then people get used to reading short paragraphs and don't develop the attention span to read longer paragraphs more typical of a novel. People just don't have the patience for books these days, and if people were more patient we would be able to accomplish x and y, and then if we don't accomplish x and y then the temperature rises and species die off and then...

Sort of a doomsday scenario, and it all starts with not liking long paragraphs, obviously.

40D | 20D converted IR | 17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS | 50 1.4 | 580EX II | flickr (external link)

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 10, 2009 18:04 |  #23

emilysium wrote in post #8991362 (external link)
Hey, those are perfectly legitimate paragraphs!

Sorry, I write for my college paper, and it always bothers me how we're supposed to write in such short paragraphs, drives me absolutely insane. I extrapolate that out and assume that short paragraphs are detrimental to society because then people get used to reading short paragraphs and don't develop the attention span to read longer paragraphs more typical of a novel. People just don't have the patience for books these days, and if people were more patient we would be able to accomplish x and y, and then if we don't accomplish x and y then the temperature rises and species die off and then...

Sort of a doomsday scenario, and it all starts with not liking long paragraphs, obviously.

I believe the OP edited his post to add paragraph breaks.

My Gear

emilysium
242 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 10, 2009 23:49 |  #24

runninmann wrote in post #8992562 (external link)
I believe the OP edited his post to add paragraph breaks.

AHH, okay.

40D | 20D converted IR | 17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS | 50 1.4 | 580EX II | flickr (external link)

emilysium
242 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 10, 2009 23:50 |  #25

Okay, but I still defend my ranting, even if it has no clear recipient!

givtu
THREAD ­ STARTER
131 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 13, 2009 06:36 |  #26

M3Rocket wrote in post #8991117 (external link)
Another happy ending co-written by Helen. Maybe the OP can change the title of the thread? :cool:

Not quite a happy ending yet. Helen is working on it. The replacement reflectors I was sent were the same ones I already had. Apparently, the manufacturer was supposed to start making 7" reflectors for the Flashpoints that fit the grids but got the dimensions wrong and nobody at Adorama picked up on it, either. Helen said she would contact me when she heard from the manufacturer to see if they can rush some smaller ones over. That would be great, but I think if they have been making them wrong all this time, then they won't have any of the smaller ones on hand, which means it may be months before these become available (manufacturing wheels turn slowly), so ultimately and sadly, I think I'll have to return the grids for a refund and look for some grids that fit the 8" (closer to 7.3/4") reflectors I already have. Thanks to Helen, though, for her great customer service and quick action.

2 X Canon 5D Mk II
Canon 70-200mm f/4L, 70-200mm f/2.8L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 35mm f/1.4L, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, Sigma 15mm fisheye
www.garvinworks.com (external link)
www.elementimage.com (external link)

windpig
Chopped liver
15,356 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 13, 2009 06:51 |  #27

nicksan wrote in post #8983388 (external link)
Nothing new from Adorama...They aren't all that bad, but it seems like they have some "holes" in their CS once in a while.

I think this is true of a lot of companies. I've dealt exclusively with Adorama for my camera gear and they have come through every time, some times it took getting to the right person if I had an issue.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 13, 2009 07:19 |  #28

givtu wrote in post #9007082 (external link)
Not quite a happy ending yet. Helen is working on it. The replacement reflectors I was sent were the same ones I already had. Apparently, the manufacturer was supposed to start making 7" reflectors for the Flashpoints that fit the grids but got the dimensions wrong and nobody at Adorama picked up on it, either. Helen said she would contact me when she heard from the manufacturer to see if they can rush some smaller ones over. That would be great, but I think if they have been making them wrong all this time, then they won't have any of the smaller ones on hand, which means it may be months before these become available (manufacturing wheels turn slowly), so ultimately and sadly, I think I'll have to return the grids for a refund and look for some grids that fit the 8" (closer to 7.3/4") reflectors I already have. Thanks to Helen, though, for her great customer service and quick action.

Still nothing concrete back from the factory.........the time difference isn't helping any - I was hoping we'd have something back by today, but of course we close early on Fridays...

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 13, 2009 08:01 |  #29

Nevertheless, we recognize that we need to reinforce during staff training, the importance of keeping customers informed and updated.

Tell them it is not a bad thing to call back with no resolution. Bad/No news is a lot better than not keeping your word when you say you will do something and then don't do it.

The owner of a company I used to work for stressed that "perception is reality". What ever the customer is thinking is happening is their reality. No matter what is happening on the other end. So when a return contact is not made after it was promised, the reality for the customer is he is not important and being ignored. When on the retailers end, they may have every single employee working to resolve the problem at great expense to the company. However, once again, if the contact is not made when promised, the customer's reality is one of insignificance and rejection. And all of this imbalance can be wiped out by a 10 second phone call just to say " We are working on it still, Ill let you know as soon as I do."

So far Adorama has been 100% for me.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information
3,776 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 13, 2009 12:05 |  #30

While I'm glad this issue is grinding slowly toward resolution for the OP, I find this part of the saga *extremely* hard to understand:

Last Friday, our buyer responsible for the Flashpoint range went down to the NY store stock room himself and identified and picked the correct units ready for shipping - then they were somehow misplaced in transit between NYC and NJ and were only found this morning.
They are shipping out overnight and the OP should have the 2 reflectors tomorrow.

Exactly how did the buyer identify the "correct" units only to have them turn out to be identical to the ones the OP complained about in the first place (assuming the ones "found this morning" were the ones that were misplaced)? Did he/she actually try to mount one of the grids of the type in the OP's possession? Did he/she measure the reflector diameter? Did he/she understand the issue needing resolution? Other than just taking two reflectors off a stockroom shelf at random, how could this happen? It's truly a puzzlement.

Dave F.

sponsored links

3,134 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sadorama: A Customer Service Story
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.