Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Feb 2009 (Tuesday) 16:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=5D CLASSIC admirers, assemble! (3)

this thread is locked
-g-
Horribly disfigured but learning to cope
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 10, 2009 10:47 |  #2461

sevillafox wrote in post #8989901 (external link)
Ummm....nope. I do teach on occasion you know.  :p

Don't you have a desk? With a drawer? With a lock? :lol:

Flickr (external link)--------------- Facebook (external link)--------------- Web (external link)--------------- Twitter (external link)
GENO.CA - Vancouver wedding photographer

sponsored links
mehran.mo
998 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 10, 2009 11:12 as a reply to  @ -g-'s post |  #2462

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Digital SLR: Canon 5D w/grip * EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM * EF 200mm f2.8L MK I * 580EX II
Film SLR: Hasselblad 500c * Zeiss 60mm f3.5 CF T* Distagon (whole kit for sale)
www.borbal.com (external link)

trailstar
98 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 10, 2009 11:13 |  #2463

TheAztech wrote in post #8988967 (external link)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

LOVE the PP and light in this. A refreshing shot in the world of way too much skin-PP in general.

Great job!

EOS 5D, EF 16-35mm f/2.8 II L,EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L, EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS, 580EX II
www.pbase.com/trond (external link)
terrengsykkel.no (external link)

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 10, 2009 11:20 as a reply to  @ trailstar's post |  #2464

Geno DM wrote in post #8989986 (external link)
Don't you have a desk? With a drawer? With a lock? :lol:

Yes. But, I'm SO uninspired here as well. :lol:

And lazy. And, well, I don't need to carry a camera along with my purse and child out the door.:lol:

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

charliec
524 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 10, 2009 11:26 |  #2465

First...this is an awesome shot...composition, lighting, subject, everything...

Second...am I weird that I think it's a little too much makeup? The lighting and sharpness make the layer of...I think foundation (I don't know anything about makeup) extremely visable, especially on her upper lip and under her left eye, and I feel like you're looking at makeup pigment rather than skin tone.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
11,864 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 10, 2009 11:32 |  #2466

IMAGE NOT FOUND

WOW,,,,stunning shot

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

shimmishim
Goldmember
1,602 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 10, 2009 11:58 |  #2467

slowdad wrote in post #8990264 (external link)
WOW,,,,stunning shot

Can we expect anything less? :) The pictures he posts in the 135L thread are amazing and one of the reasons why I would like this lens one day...

Call me John | JSP Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) |facebook (external link) | twitter (external link)
Canon 5D Mark III + a few L lenses
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=654812

-g-
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 10, 2009 12:00 as a reply to  @ umphotography's post |  #2468

sevillafox wrote in post #8990192 (external link)
Yes. But, I'm SO uninspired here as well. :lol:

And lazy. And, well, I don't need to carry a camera along with my purse and child out the door.:lol:

You bring your kid to school and sit on the internet all day?!? Get inspired, go visit the science class and see what they can explode into flames. :lol:

Flickr (external link)--------------- Facebook (external link)--------------- Web (external link)--------------- Twitter (external link)

-g-
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 10, 2009 12:01 |  #2469

shimmishim wrote in post #8990440 (external link)
Can we expect anything less? :) The pictures he posts in the 135L thread are amazing and one of the reasons why I would like this lens one day...

I'm staying out of that thread until the economy improves.

amyandmark3
Goldmember
2,157 posts
Gallery: 242 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 10, 2009 21:33 as a reply to  @ post 8982700 |  #2470

Just using the nifty fifty and natural light:

IMAGE: http://markowens.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p723332158-5.jpg

Mark O.
Gear List & Gallery

Brett
Goldmember
4,176 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 10, 2009 21:39 |  #2471

charliec wrote in post #8990229 (external link)
First...this is an awesome shot...composition, lighting, subject, everything...

Second...am I weird that I think it's a little too much makeup? The lighting and sharpness make the layer of...I think foundation (I don't know anything about makeup) extremely visable, especially on her upper lip and under her left eye, and I feel like you're looking at makeup pigment rather than skin tone.

You may be seeing the results of skin smoothing, but if that's what it is, it's done with a very light touch. Have you seen any fashion photography? Most of the women look like plastic dolls -- although there seems to be a trend away from that recently. And, models and MUAs tend to apply makeup heavily for photo shoots, because the camera doesn't lie and shows every tiny flaw.

Also, you're seeing this lady from very "close-up". At normal, conversational distances, I don't think it would appear that she has too much makeup on at all.

flickr (external link)

charliec
524 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 10, 2009 22:16 |  #2472

Brett wrote in post #8993652 (external link)
You may be seeing the results of skin smoothing, but if that's what it is, it's done with a very light touch. Have you seen any fashion photography? Most of the women look like plastic dolls -- although there seems to be a trend away from that recently. And, models and MUAs tend to apply makeup heavily for photo shoots, because the camera doesn't lie and shows every tiny flaw.

Also, you're seeing this lady from very "close-up". At normal, conversational distances, I don't think it would appear that she has too much makeup on at all.

I've seen fashion photography and similar...I guess there in this shot there is a certain amount of "honest", innocent skin in the shot...her arms for example...the left forearm has visible dark hair, and the right arm has some "splotchy-ness", neither of which are bad, but also neither of which I would associate with a fashion photo.

I think the pose and lighting make it feel very intimate, as if she was in the bathtub or something, but the makeup kind of detracts from that feeling. I'm not sure that it is skin smoothing either, as you can still clearly make out hairs and pores under the makeup, which I'm not sure would be so well retained with smoothing the skin.

I do love the picture, and I don't think that there is too much makeup on her in the absolute sense, I guess I'd just rather see a more "candid" appearance given the pose. Cropping the image down to just a headshot would probably be my personal preference. I know this isn't the critique section though so I'll keep my comments limited to that. It is after all several thousand times better than any shot I've ever taken :)

lostid
Goldmember
2,622 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 10, 2009 22:23 |  #2473

IMAGE NOT FOUND

One of your best.

flickr (external link) & Gear

Alejandro ­ Sandoval
Goldmember
2,476 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 10, 2009 22:45 |  #2474

FYI....There is no gaussian or surfaceblur applied to this Image. In fact I worked about 2 hrs on the image (which is Nothing when it comes to beauty shots) All I did was D&B at pixel level..To leave it as I want I need around 15 hrs more of D&B....

Applied a Vibrance layer to the make up.. Contrrast to eye shadows...

Lighting wise...boomed /difiuses /gridded Beauty Dish and couple reflectors.

Agencies are not lookig for the fancy/crazy/elaborated make up..no more glitter/feathers/spark​s.the trend is simple and natural make up.

This model is one of the most symetrical faces ever....

Make up artist...let me put it this way...she has been in movies...worked for coronation street....

Thanks for the comments

Twitter (external link)http://www.twitter.com​/Ale_Sando (external link)

single_track
718 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 10, 2009 22:45 as a reply to  @ lostid's post |  #2475

just messing around

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I always want C&C on my shots.
Gear list: 70d, 5d & 40d | 70-200L/f4 IS | 24-70L | 17-40L | Sigmalux | 17-85 IS | Opteka 6.5mm fisheye | 580exII
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com​/photos/120400139@N03/ (external link)

sponsored links

916,303 views & 1 like for this thread
-=5D CLASSIC admirers, assemble! (3)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.