Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 Nov 2009 (Monday) 20:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Stolen work

SnapLocally.com
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,744 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 10, 2009 19:16 |  #16

On second look that doesn't look like your image..it looks similar.

You are now worthy of a title.

www.SnapLocally.com (external link)

sponsored links
asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 10, 2009 20:52 |  #17

Karl Johnston wrote in post #8992693 (external link)
On second look that doesn't look like your image..it looks similar. Look at the way the body is tilted, it looks like it may have been a different frame.

I think it's the same image. If you look at the blue corner pad (behind the "L" in the top image), it's been tilted.

blackshadow wrote in post #8992555 (external link)
I'm done here.

So you want to whine and moan because you didn't get the answer you wanted? Grow up. Personally, I think it is your image. Registering it with the Copyright Office just gives you a little more leverage. It's not mandatory, but it's a good idea. Especially when this is something that might happen. I think that a letter from an IP attorney will accomplish more than you sending a pissed off e-mail. Yes, you should be pissed off, btw.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

Concretin ­ Nik
266 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 10, 2009 21:27 as a reply to  @ asysin2leads's post |  #18

Um, BlackShadow is not the OP...

just sayin'...

Knowledge, Talent, Experience, Success. None of these excuse arrogance.

SnapLocally.com
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,744 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 10, 2009 21:40 |  #19

So funny. No, I'm still here- me, the OP. And yes, I absolutely took that shot. It's not mistakable for any other existing shot in existence- it was the Brad Imes/gogoplata shot that shocked the MMA world, and it's been well documented that it was my shot since it surfaced in 2007, and was subsequently published in MMA Worldwide magazine as "Submission of the Year".

Anyhow, my plan of action (since I've already aired my feelings on the matter) is to either find an attorney that will take the case providing they only get paid if they win (or is that only with accidents?) or file a civil case myself.

www.SnapLocally.com (external link)

Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 10, 2009 22:55 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

SnapLocally.com wrote in post #8992986 (external link)
You are now worthy of a title.

Likewise

:p best of luck anyway, I should've read through the thread a bit more, with blackshadow on this one.

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 10, 2009 23:58 |  #21

Concretin Nik wrote in post #8993590 (external link)
Um, BlackShadow is not the OP...

just sayin'...

DANGIT!!!!!!!! Sorry, Snap. I really need to stop reading and posting on my Pre while sleep deprived. It only gets me in trouble.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

kryptic4l
53 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 11, 2009 00:40 |  #22

Are you going to use the earnings from many hours spent fighting the case to fund a lotto ticket ?

SouthernImages
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 13, 2009 05:56 |  #23

Here are the difficulties you will run into at this point:
a) This is a COPYRIGHT violation. ONLY federal court has jurisdiction over copyright. Not small claims court...
b) If your image is not registered (a simple online process and $35 for up to 1 year's worth of pictures) then you can only get awarded "the money you lost" and you don't get attorney's fees.
c) You ADMITTED that the photo is worth $200. (That would be their argument...c.f. your 1st email)
d) You might invest in having a lawyer draft a letter, but good luck if they don't pony up.
e) Few IP lawyer would take your case on contingency, especially if there is no copyright registration.

Canon
Southern Photographic Images (external link)

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 13, 2009 06:25 |  #24

I thought about this. The only advice I have is to move the Ring Card Girls to the top left position in your website.

;}

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

Shootfilm
95 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 13, 2009 10:22 |  #25

it was the Brad Imes/gogoplata shot that shocked the MMA world, and it's been well documented that it was my shot since it surfaced in 2007, and was subsequently published in MMA Worldwide magazine as "Submission of the Year".

This statement would raise alot of questions. The $200 is not a shot in the foot but the prior publication may be.

SF

1V - AE1- 50D

sponsored links

3,569 views & 0 likes for this thread
Stolen work
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.